Speculation: Our Next Head Coach(es)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Probably but if Pete was such a fait accompli there I don't know why they haven't just up and hired him yet the minute Babcock took the Toronto job. Maybe waiting on Hitch/Julien too? Who knows :P

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Probably but if Pete was such a fait accompli there I don't know why they haven't just up and hired him yet the minute Babcock took the Toronto job. Maybe waiting on Hitch/Julien too? Who knows :P

Hitch is already settled. He signed a one year deal today.

Only question mark left is Julian. San Jose seems to be going through a long list of guys (they even talked to Oates for some unearthly reason) and Disco Dan as well.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Hitch is already settled. He signed a one year deal today.

Only question mark left is Julian. San Jose seems to be going through a long list of guys (they even talked to Oates for some unearthly reason) and Disco Dan as well.

Yeah I know, but they weren't literally going to hire Pete two seconds after Hitch re-upped.

And technically Detroit's still a question mark though everyone assumes Blashill once they're done with the AHL playoffs.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'd still be shocked if Pete is hired as an NHL head coach this offseason.

And I don't think Oates will be either.

I'm thinking the Sharks go with an NCAA/minor league guy for their new head coach.

Csonked Out

Mar 20, 2007
Bismarck, ND

I'm thinking the Sharks go with an NCAA/minor league guy for their new head coach.

I wonder if Andy Murray is interested in getting back to the NHL?

NJDevils17

Going Up?
Apr 21, 2013
Raleigh
Well that'll be an interesting thing in San Jose. I can't imagine he's a better coach than McLellan but it's a new face so maybe that's the rationale.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

Oh boy I can't wait for your next post :laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Well that'll be an interesting thing in San Jose. I can't imagine he's a better coach than McLellan but it's a new face so maybe that's the rationale.

Honestly I'm glad if he got a job it was the Sharks...it's a no lose in my book. Either he proves THE HYPE correct and win with a team I actually would like to win aside from us, or he flames out for good and we no longer have to debate how brilliant he is based off one playoff run in eight years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->