Ottawa U18 Part 4

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015
So what does this mean? Will the AAA/AA league be impacted?

AAA will most likely be moving to HEO this September. Who manages AAA will depend on the findings of Competitive Development Committee.
The rest of competitive hockey AA, A will move to HEO at a later time maybe next year.

valleydude

Mar 16, 2011
AAA will most likely be moving to HEO this September. Who manages AAA will depend on the findings of Competitive Development Committee.
The rest of competitive hockey AA, A will move to HEO at a later time maybe next year.

HEO Minor should disolve itself, give full control to HEO. Once those vultures realize that the bulk of the work and none of the money is in house league hockey they will panic.

STILL IN GAME

Apr 9, 2017
HEO Minor should disolve itself, give full control to HEO. Once those vultures realize that the bulk of the work and none of the money is in house league hockey they will panic.

just back from a ohl development camp where 6 heo developed players took part.
all of them showed well.didnt speak with everyone there but know of at least 4 to 5 who were asked to come back for main camp in aug.
what do you think this means ??

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016
all of them showed well.didnt speak with everyone there but know of at least 4 to 5 who were asked to come back for main camp in aug.
what do you think this means ??

Only numbers that mean anything is number of players that actually make an OHL roster. If numbers start increasing at OHL and CCHL levels then I might be convinced players are developing more in this new league. By September 1st, we will know how successful the two years of HEO u18AAA was for the 2000s that played both years.

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015
what do you think this means ??QUOTE]

How many players from the U18 league? I count 9. Plus two local kids that left to play GTHL.

I saw three that have a decent shot at being invited to main camp with the second rounder (all ready signed) with a chance to make the team.

STILL IN GAME

Apr 9, 2017
Only numbers that mean anything is number of players that actually make an OHL roster. If numbers start increasing at OHL and CCHL levels then I might be convinced players are developing more in this new league. By September 1st, we will know how successful the two years of HEO u18AAA was for the 2000s that played both years.

dont undrestand the hate towards current heo.yes its expensive,so was old aaa level when you included your mandatory 3 to 5 trips to toronto,(hotel,gas,food and whatever other cost you incurred).
the argument that cchl is trying to take control(own) all levels of minor hockey,well the old aaa was exactly the same.from peewee to midget, each of the cluds controled things.
to say we'll see in sept how many make ohl team to determine the success of heo is silly and more to the point, narrow minded and simple minded.
there are a multitude of factors that go into wether a kid is successful in his hockey endeavors.
i believe the main thing thats got some people so hatefull towards heo is this thought that the mid range aaa player has been most adversly affected by heo and how it has watered down the hockey in ottawa.im sure this is the thought from old aaa teams,of course it is.their buisness has been ravaged and more impactfull is the possibility that the way they said things had to be, is perhaps proving to be incorrect.

heo has provided more kids an opportunity to play competitive hockey.
who or what system is in place is only a part in what will determine a players development.stop drinking the(this is the way things have to be juice).
hockey is like life, the variables are endless.

Easternfan

Mar 15, 2016
dont undrestand the hate towards current heo.yes its expensive,so was old aaa level when you included your mandatory 3 to 5 trips to toronto,(hotel,gas,food and whatever other cost you incurred).
the argument that cchl is trying to take control(own) all levels of minor hockey,well the old aaa was exactly the same.from peewee to midget, each of the cluds controled things.
to say we'll see in sept how many make ohl team to determine the success of heo is silly and more to the point, narrow minded and simple minded.
there are a multitude of factors that go into wether a kid is successful in his hockey endeavors.
i believe the main thing thats got some people so hatefull towards heo is this thought that the mid range aaa player has been most adversly affected by heo and how it has watered down the hockey in ottawa.im sure this is the thought from old aaa teams,of course it is.their buisness has been ravaged and more impactfull is the possibility that the way they said things had to be, is perhaps proving to be incorrect.

who or what system is in place is only a part in what will determine a players development.stop drinking the(this is the way things have to be juice).

No hatred towards league myself. HEO u18AAA was using numbers in presentations comparing past OHL draft picks. I personally don't think draft picks is a good indicator, the total that make a roster shows that a player has developed. Numbers after this second year should be first real glance at how much the second year players have developed and did they develop enough to make an OHL or CCHL roster in September.

The new u18 OHL draft was good for HEO and I hope some of these players are successful in their camps. I have commented before how some of these 2000 players have stepped up their game compared to first year.

Only thing I dislike about this league is the big wall between people running the league and players/parents. Make a public AGM and everyone work together to make league the best it can. A team only wins championships by teamwork not individual efforts and same could be said to making an elite league.

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015

Bold 1 AAA was expensive but the associations did not make money. Can the CCHL say that about the U18 league?
Bold 2 Playing AAA is indented to help you reach the next level. After U18 a player can go to the OHL,CCHL, CCHL2. If they do not then the league is a failure, so signing and playing is an indicator of success.
Bold 3 Playing competitive hockey is a privilege not a right. The U 18 league has elevated players up to the AAA level that are not capable of playing at an elite level and they are not progressing. The weaker players are also holding back the truly elite player.
The Carleton Place CCHL team has won the league 4 years in a row. How many HEO area players on roster? Jason brings in elite players from other areas because he cannot find enough elite area players. Why does he go out side the HEO area? Because they play elite hockey in an elite league against strong competition and the players get better.
Hockey is that simple. If you want to be good play against and with good players. If you want to be elite play with and against elite players.

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015
No hatred towards league myself. HEO u18AAA was using numbers in presentations comparing past OHL draft picks. I personally don't think draft picks is a good indicator, the total that make a roster shows that a player has developed. Numbers after this second year should be first real glance at how much the second year players have developed and did they develop enough to make an OHL or CCHL roster in September.

The new u18 OHL draft was good for HEO and I hope some of these players are successful in their camps. I have commented before how some of these 2000 players have stepped up their game compared to first year.

Only thing I dislike about this league is the big wall between people running the league and players/parents. Make a public AGM and everyone work together to make league the best it can. A team only wins championships by teamwork not individual efforts and same could be said to making an elite league.

Bold 1 The wall you talk about is a wall of money made at U18 by the teams.
Were did it go?
The price of a CCHL team has doubled since they took over u18 How come?
Has u 18 put out a budget for the 2016-17 season yet?
Ask questions about the budget. See how far you get.

BigBuck

Jan 26, 2012
Were did it go?

They won't give you an itemized budget because it should be about $65,000 per team and they are collecting over $100,000 per team.....

STILL IN GAME

Apr 9, 2017
Were did it go?

the cost of post secondary has close to doubled in last 15 yrs.
have they gotten twice as smart ?

STILL IN GAME

Apr 9, 2017
Bold 1 AAA was expensive but the associations did not make money. Can the CCHL say that about the U18 league?
Bold 2 Playing AAA is indented to help you reach the next level. After U18 a player can go to the OHL,CCHL, CCHL2. If they do not then the league is a failure, so signing and playing is an indicator of success.
Bold 3 Playing competitive hockey is a privilege not a right. The U 18 league has elevated players up to the AAA level that are not capable of playing at an elite level and they are not progressing. The weaker players are also holding back the truly elite player.
The Carleton Place CCHL team has won the league 4 years in a row. How many HEO area players on roster? Jason brings in elite players from other areas because he cannot find enough elite area players. Why does he go out side the HEO area? Because they play elite hockey in an elite league against strong competition and the players get better.
Hockey is that simple. If you want to be good play against and with good players. If you want to be elite play with and against elite players.

thats only your opinion, my guy didnt move out of town and hes in mix to play ohl,periob

STILL IN GAME

Apr 9, 2017
thats only your opinion, my guy didnt move out of town and hes in mix to play ohl,periob

do you honestly believe its as simple as jason has gone out of town to find players.
the kids he gets are high end competetors and he gets the most out of him.
pembroke dominated for a period of time while old system was in place, what does that imply?????

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015
the cost of post secondary has close to doubled in last 15 yrs.
have they gotten twice as smart ?

You keep bring this up school vs hockey. WTF
Maybe you should of stayed in school longer.
I thought my spelling and grammar was bad.

nothappy

Jun 26, 2015
do you honestly believe its as simple as jason has gone out of town to find players.
the kids he gets are high end competetors and he gets the most out of him.
pembroke dominated for a period of time while old system was in place, what does that imply?????

Bold 1 Yes I do.
Bold 2 He is not finding them hear is he?
Bold 3 Pembroke had the most amount of imports when they won also. Wake up.

STILL IN GAME

Apr 9, 2017

you dont honestly believe every kid who plays heo will or want to play next level do you?
with newer sytem, the pool of players has increased over 50%, and if your belief is that kids can develope later, they dont have to be great when there 12, the numbers game has compromised the old way,with there 6 teams by about 50%

Clarke74

May 7, 2015

Lol...associations didn't make money.....
You also have zero clue how Jr hockey works....

STILL IN GAME

Apr 9, 2017

part of reason some of 2000's maybe stepped up is because,first they are older, have matured and are not playing against alot of 99 kids,like they did last yr.
im a big believer that lots of kids develope later and sometimes all they need is the opportunity.more kids in heo makes it better for more kids.

BigBuck

Jan 26, 2012
its called buisness.thats what competitive hockey is,buisness.

We'll agree to disagree on this point.....Ask your son if he would rather play 40 games against the same teams or if he would rather play against the best teams in the top 3-5 tournaments for Minor Midgets.....The league originally said it would save parents lots of money and it hasn't done that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad