Proposal: Ottawa-NJD (Tkachuk/Hughes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
Absolutely laughably bad proposal. Nobody in this league gets more shine off the exploits of a guy with the same name as him than Brady.

He still gets outproduced by Jack when Jack has needed shoulder surgery for 3 months.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Ottawa should have picked someone else to be Captain, with all the hissy fits he has on the ice I can't imagine how many he has in the locker-room.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Clown thread.

Made it all the way through. Sens fans top-5 delusional in all of professional sports, good lord :laugh:

Last edited:

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
Probably the same reason they never locked the other 2-3 Brady proposals, except those were created by Jersey fans.

Unless they were something like:

B. Tkachuk and Jake Sanderson for Bratt, John Marino, and Alex Holtz

I’m sure whatever proposals you’re referring to are nowhere near as egregious as this one.

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
To OTT: Jack and Luke Hughes

To NJD: Tkachuk Pinto and Chychrun

NJD gets some much needed snarl (who can score too) and availability/health in tkachuk.

OTT gets to shake things up because what they have obviously is not working.
Holy over value on Pinto and Chychrun... sheesh. Ottawa adds so much to this to balance it out. Start by removing Chychrun and replace with 2024 1st rounder unprotected (7th OA) and add at least Greig and probably something else you'd not like to move.

Puckclektr

Jul 15, 2004
GTA
Can someone explain to me like I am 5 how this is a "fair value" trade, exactly? Break it down please.

Jack Hughes produces more points, plays the more important position, is ~2 years younger, signed for 2 years longer AND cheaper than Brady Tkachuk. Even if you think Hughes = Tkachuk, are you then telling me that 20 year old and 47 point DMan Luke Hughes = Pinto & 1 year of Chychrun (who I actually really like and would love in NJ)?
next year you'll be six!!

Reactions: Zajacs Bowl Cut

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Here’s one of them.
To NJ
Brady Tkachuk

To OTT
2024 1st round pick (~10th overall)
Alexander Holtz
Seamus Casey
Nolan Foote
This while bad isn't close to as bad as the OP on this one.

And the guy that suggested this, isn't exactly a well liked or respected poster on this site. He's more known for this level of trade suggestions and the unwillingness to stop making them.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
This while bad isn't close to as bad as the OP on this one.

And the guy that suggested this, isn't exactly a well liked or respected poster on this site. He's more known for this level of trade suggestions and the unwillingness to stop making them.
I'd also say that proposal is more than what vegas paid for Jack Eichel, and depending on how you value prospects vs rentals, similar value to what Florida paid for 8 years of Matthew Tkachuk at 9.5 million

10th overall=rental Weegar+late 1st 3 years down the line

And then the comparison comes down to huberdeau rental vs 2 top prospects.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
I'd also say that proposal is more than what vegas paid for Jack Eichel, and depending on how you value prospects vs rentals, similar value to what Florida paid for 8 years of Matthew Tkachuk at 9.5 million

10th overall=rental Weegar+late 1st 3 years down the line

And then the comparison comes down to huberdeau rental vs 2 top prospects.
What really kills me with that proposal is the inclusion of Nolan Foote like he tips the scales in any way.
In reality the Sens would be getting 3 quality pieces, just not the pieces they would want.
Even though we've seen it so many times recently, this place is still adamant that Holtz is most certainly a bust and will never be any better than he was this year. Kinda like how this place convinced itself that Sharangovich wasn't getting qualified and Calgary was stupid to trade Toffoli for him.

IMO if the Devils want Brady and he's available the package starts with the 1st and Mercer, adding Pinto and Chychrun just muddy the deal and make it impossible to reach any sort of common ground.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
What really kills me with that proposal is the inclusion of Nolan Foote like he tips the scales in any way.
In reality the Sens would be getting 3 quality pieces, just not the pieces they would want.
Even though we've seen it so many times recently, this place is still adamant that Holtz is most certainly a bust and will never be any better than he was this year. Kinda like how this place convinced itself that Sharangovich wasn't getting qualified and Calgary was stupid to trade Toffoli for him.
I've had discussions and there likely needs to be 1 higher quality asset.

For example from a discussion I had with a Sens fan:

Top 5 pick+John Marino for their right D needs.

I think our 2025 1st+Holtz could potentially get us up to 5, but who knows.

I would offer:
NJD 2024 1st+2025 1st+2026 1st, or whatever that looks like in equivalent value. imo I'd rather have Casey and Holtz than the 25 and 26 picks.

But frankly going after ANOTHER winger isn't a need. If we hadn't traded for Meier, sure, I'd be all in on Tkachuk (if available) with the assets we traded for Meier+ another 1st.

But we don't need Tkachuk.

We need an LD like Marcus Pettersson, who can play 20+ minutes, take the load of siegs (so we don't need to be dependent on him bouncing back) and luke, PK, play with Marino, and fire an accurate breakout pass (Kevin Bahl and Smith cannot).

A goalie should be a target, but imo if we can fix the D and bottom I'd be fine running it back with Kahkonen/Allen/Daws/Schmid similar to how Carolina operates.

Reactions: HugeInTheShire

MoreGore

Jul 13, 2022
Jack is a great player, but he is seemingly fragile, not a surprise given his size.

306 GP in 5 years, so about 75% games played (281 points)

BT

440GP in 6 years, so about 90% games played (349 points)

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Jack is a great player, but he is seemingly fragile, not a surprise given his size.

306 GP in 5 years, so about 75% games played (281 points)

BT

440GP in 6 years, so about 90% games played (349 points)
Congratulations to Brady Tkachuk for being better than Jack Hughes was as a teenager.

Unfortunately, despite being 2 years older, and having 50 extra games, Tkachuk STILL has less points than Jack does over the last 3 years

Reactions: MasterofGrond

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Devils aren't getting Takchuk while keeping all four of Hughes, Hughes, Hischier, Nemec.

They probaly aren't getting him at all, but certainly not without one or more of the first four involved and that's just going to lead to a pissing match between fanbases.

No, Mercer + Holtz + 2024 1st doesn't move the needle.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Devils aren't getting Takchuk while keeping all four of Hughes, Hughes, Hischier, Nemec.

They probaly aren't getting him at all, but certainly not without one or more of the first four involved and that's just going to lead to a pissing match between fanbases.

Mercer + Holtz + pick is the new

Ryder + Halak + 2nd! lol

Congratulations to Brady Tkachuk for being better than Jack Hughes was as a teenager.

Unfortunately, despite being 2 years older, and having 50 extra games, Tkachuk STILL has less points than Jack does over the last 3 years
But his shoulders work. He’s not fragile like Jack. ;)

Sens fans are correct. You don’t get Tkatchuk for sub standard pieces lile Holtz/Mercer. It will cost a Hischier / Hughes etc.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018

if it would cost us one of the four mentioned devils players i personally would be against trading for any player in the league. brady included.

i like the build plan with two c's and d's and i like the players and their fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad