Proposal: Ottawa-NJD (Tkachuk/Hughes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
you can't actually believe that this is an overpay by Ottawa lol I mean you can say you don't want to do it, and that's totally fine, but get real for a second.
Idk man. 5 years and jack has been consistently banged up + the devs obviously need some snarl. They have a plethora of finesse and speed, they need more bruisers.

Jack is an elite level talent but this trade imo is a net benefit to the devils

Reactions: LeProspector

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
No, Jack Hushes hasn’t it’s just a way for biased fans to prop up their players in discussions like this because quantifying “defensive impact” is impossible on a stat sheet.

It’s like what Ottawa fans have been doing since last year when Stutzle started playing on the penalty kill. Bias…
Just because Ottawa fans have to lie to themselves about your players being great doesnt mean fans of other teams need the same cope.

LaffyTaffy13

May 10, 2022
Can someone explain to me like I am 5 how this is a "fair value" trade, exactly? Break it down please.

Jack Hughes produces more points, plays the more important position, is ~2 years younger, signed for 2 years longer AND cheaper than Brady Tkachuk. Even if you think Hughes = Tkachuk, are you then telling me that 20 year old and 47 point DMan Luke Hughes = Pinto & 1 year of Chychrun (who I actually really like and would love in NJ)?
Does jack really play center though? He seems more comfortable at wing

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Idk man. 5 years and jack has been consistently banged up + the devs obviously need some snarl. They have a plethora of finesse and speed, they need more bruisers.

If you take away Jack Hughes and Luke Hughes from this roster after already losing Mcleod, Boqvist, Wood the devils would actually be left with a significant lack of speed. NJD in fact needs to add MORE speed back after the lack of speed in the bottom 6 was exposed this year

Does jack really play center though? He seems more comfortable at wing
Yes Jack Hughes plays center. And I legitimately don't know what you've been watching to come up with the claim that he's more comfortable at wing. It's in fact the exact opposite

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

you can find "snarl" on the UFA market every summer.

I am not trading the better producing, younger, and cheaper player just to add some "snarl". Hughes is an elite forward. Brady Tkachuk is not.

• Haha
Reactions: SensFactor

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Cute you brought out your alt to pile on me and steer the conversation in different directions.
Thanks for the compliment, I ain't that great with understanding advanced stats unless slowly spoon fed. Gibb's eats that stuff for breakfast.

I enjoy his posts though, He isn't the most passionate fan but his way of doing things reminds me of Agent Smith from the Matrix or Data from Startrek.

Reactions: dgibb10

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
you can find "snarl" on the UFA market every summer.

I am not trading the better producing, younger, and cheaper player just to add some "snarl". Hughes is an elite forward. Brady Tkachuk is not.
Exactly. Bring some effective snarl into the bottom 6.

Duhaime, Trenin, Lafferty, Joshua in UFA

A Sturm, Colton, Jeannot, etc via trade.

Funniest shit when nobody understands what NJD needs. Frankly we should be bringing in more speed (we lost a lot with Wood, Mcleod, Boqvist leaving the bottom 6).

We should be bringing in forwards with some size who can make the bottom 6 playable again (NO MORE TIERNEY AND NOSEK)

We need a left dman to make better transition/breakout passes. Bahl and Smith cannot do it to save their life.

And we need to get better goaltending

Reactions: Zajacs Bowl Cut

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
What’s this “your” shit? I could care less about Ottawa

You’re an Ottawa Senators fan though?

Sure looks like it since you post a lot in the boards’ GDTs.
IMG_6268.jpeg
IMG_6269.jpeg

It’s weird to pretend you’re not.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018

time to trade panarin (at 50% retained) and sign rempe to 8x8m contract

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
The same reason Florida traded the 115 point pure offensive player for Matthew Tkachuk. There is way more to both Tkachuks than just points. “Zajacs Bowl Cut” doesn’t understand this, but GM’s around the NHL sure do.

Where did I say anything about defence? Both aren’t engaged in that end of the rink, so why argue over it?

Fail. You brought this up after someone mentioned the offensive production gap. If Hughes is better or equal defensively than why wouldn't that clear offensive production difference matter? This should be good....

Hockey Know it all

Mar 10, 2019
To OTT: Jack and Luke Hughes

To NJD: Tkachuk Pinto and Chychrun

NJD gets some much needed snarl (who can score too) and availability/health in tkachuk.

OTT gets to shake things up because what they have obviously is not working.
Please someone close this post.

Legitimately, 1 of the worst trade proposals I’ve seen on here.

McDuffz88

HIRE BERUBE!!!
Sep 18, 2019
The smart fans know the value of a Tkachuk. Small frail offensive players don’t lead their teams to championships. There’s a reason Hughes hasn’t made the playoffs.
New Jersey fans are so biased it’s hilarious.
We're the biased ones? You just claimed a false statement that Hughes hasn't made the playoffs. Not only did he make the playoffs but he has 6 goals and 5 assists in 11 games which is near ppg. Brady Tkachuk hasn't made the playoffs at all. You're talking to a guy who loves Tkachuk. I would kill to have him on my team and I've talked about it a lot on the Devils forum. But you're clearly the biased one who is just making up false stats here. As much as I love Brady Tkachuk, Hughes has far more value in the league. I would say he's the most valuable asset in the league with the contract he has.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta

Devils absolutely need some more snarl to their lineup, you don't trade either Hughes brother to get it let alone both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad