Not open for further replies.

MitchMurphy

Nov 29, 2017
IMG_6037.jpeg

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
To OTT: Jack and Luke Hughes

To NJD: Tkachuk Pinto and Chychrun

NJD gets some much needed snarl (who can score too) and availability/health in tkachuk.

OTT gets to shake things up because what they have obviously is not working.
i wouldn't move jack and his contract for what is in your offer from ottawa. i am not willing to move jack for anything actually.

the devils have four untouchables:
nico
nemec
and the hughes brothers

the rest of the roster can be discussed in trades. not that i have a huge desire to move everybody else. but there are certainly offers for them, which i would accept.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
i wouldn't move jack and his contract for what is in your offer from ottawa. i am not willing to move jack for anything actually.

the devils have four untouchables:
nico
nemec
and the hughes brothers

the rest of the roster can be discussed in trades. not that i have a huge desire to move everybody else. but there are certainly offers for them, which i would accept.
Then guess at a standstill, since Ottawa isn’t trading Brady and he’s an untouchable, and an overpay by Ottawa, as Jack Hughes is like Josh Norris’s for shoulder injuries.

Last edited:

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Then guess at a standstill, since Ottawa isn’t trading Brady and he’s an untouchable, and an overpay by Ottawa, as Jack Hughes is like Josh Norris’s for shoulder injuries.

you can't actually believe that this is an overpay by Ottawa lol I mean you can say you don't want to do it, and that's totally fine, but get real for a second.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
you can't actually believe that this is an overpay by Ottawa lol I mean you can say you don't want to do it, and that's totally fine, but get real for a second.
Objective value doesn't really matter when the incoming players - elite as they are - are probably the last types of players we should be trading physicality & two-way play for. And I'm not criticizing the Devils players on those fronts, but those aren't their core identities as players and that is exactly what Ottawa needs more of.

Reactions: SensFactor

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Pretty fair value in all honesty. Both fanbases just have a hard on for their superstar so neither fanbase would even consider it.
Ya it’s definitely the fairest proposal so far, but also the first one not done by Devils fans. Still would pass, and not to mention Jack Hughes seems to have the same wonky shoulder issues as Josh Norris.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Ya it’s definitely the fairest proposal so far, but also the first one not done by Devils fans. Still would pass, and not to mention Jack Hughes seems to have the same wonky shoulder issues as Josh Norris.
Screen Shot 2024-04-14 at 3.50.18 PM.png

The last 15 years of age 20-22. (he moves ahead of Malkin if you include malkins age 20 season, not included in this sample because too far back).

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Can someone explain to me like I am 5 how this is a "fair value" trade, exactly? Break it down please.

Jack Hughes produces more points, plays the more important position, is ~2 years younger, signed for 2 years longer AND cheaper than Brady Tkachuk. Even if you think Hughes = Tkachuk, are you then telling me that 20 year old and 47 point DMan Luke Hughes = Pinto & 1 year of Chychrun (who I actually really like and would love in NJ)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad