Ottawa 67's 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
I will disagree on this one. Lockhart tackled Gerrior from behind and drove his head into the boards. Then he started punching. Boucher had the guts to face his opponent, who seemed a willing participant. The difference is who did it and who was making the call. It shouldn't be, but it is how the OHL operates.
Also totally disagree on that one OMG!

snipes29

Sep 24, 2022
Lockhart big tough guy. Can’t get on 75% of the rides at Canada’s
Cameron was letting the Peterborough coach have it after the game.

The Petes should also be looking at suspensions to Mayer and Lockhart. We shall see...
chicken shitOttawa coach Wilson would mangle him but the funniest thing was your gutless chickenshit announcer hiding between benches lmao boo

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Love the little boxers...lol. Why is an opinion drama?

I think you two are looking at it through 67’s glasses. The two incidents aren’t comparable. One player was on his feet punching down into A guys head while defenceless. The other was a player wrestling on the ice with another and trying to punch with his gloves on and no ability to put any power behind the punch.

I’d say there is a difference. A pretty big one when you consider the potential for serious damage.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Boyd is putting his list of targets together. In all honesty, he probably already has the list. He will prioritize his trades based on that list. If a player not on that list comes available, he isn’t going to move away from the list. Clearly Othmann wasn’t on his list and didn’t feel he would be a good fit. So, he passed. /not a big deal. Maybe that is a reflection on Othman‘s character or maybe it is just a reflection on the type of game he plays that doesn‘t fit what Ottawa is trying to do. I can’t say either way but it is likely character based.

But, it is odd that the downfall started when Othmann arrived. I think it is probably coincidence but who knows?
If he doesn't already have his list together, he is way, way behind lol

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
If he doesn't already have his list together, he is way, way behind lol
The interview was a couple weeks ago. I do think he has primary targets but I also think there is a bigger list that the scouts are trying to go through and do a more complete evaluation.

Additionally, he stated that the players on target are being held by their current teams to continue to accumulate points and it will be closer to the deadline before they become available. So, it sounds like he has a bit of a runway to dive deeper and make sure.

The key element is they want to make sure whomever they add will fit inot the rooms nd the culture of the club as well as be able to play within their system. So, it looks like they will have two or three primary targets and if they don’t get those specifics players, it doesn’t sound like they have a fall back plan. It looks like they will simply pass on the other players. I jsut don’t have a strong sense of how deep their target list is.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
I think you two are looking at it through 67’s glasses. The two incidents aren’t comparable. One player was on his feet punching down into A guys head while defenceless. The other was a player wrestling on the ice with another and trying to punch with his gloves on and no ability to put any power behind the punch.

I’d say there is a difference. A pretty big one when you consider the potential for serious damage.
I won't deny that we are somewhat biased but it's difficult to be truly unbiased as a fan. That being said OMG the main point of my tirade was not that what the poles have gotten this year as I did say they generally deserved what they got for their transgressions. What I have a problem with is the inconsistency of the league and what looks like a double standard ( for the record I do not think there is, I'm not a conspiracy theorist) but the optics are not good imo. As a self described objective observer don't you feel we've been on the wrong side of decisions this year? Now if the league comes down on the Petes well I guess I'll have to button it for a while😉

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I won't deny that we are somewhat biased but it's difficult to be truly unbiased as a fan. That being said OMG the main point of my tirade was not that what the poles have gotten this year as I did say they generally deserved what they got for their transgressions. What I have a problem with is the inconsistency of the league and what looks like a double standard ( for the record I do not think there is, I'm not a conspiracy theorist) but the optics are not good imo. As a self described objective observer don't you feel we've been on the wrong side of decisions this year? Now if the league comes down on the Petes well I guess I'll have to button it for a while😉

I firmly believe the Dever hit was a vicious check to the head but I don’t think there is a video angle that clearly shows it.

The challenge the 67’s will face is the officials cannot have too many penalty pebbles in one pocket during a game. The officials will tend to give the benefit of the doubt to the weaker team, especially if the score is a little lopsided. That is just a reality. I think it falls more in that category for the most part.

With respect to the game tonight, I felt when the game started to get out of hand, the officials should have started assessing more 10 minute misconducts to gain some control.

The 67’s also asked for it a bit when they are up 6-2 and on a 2 minute 5 on 3 advantage and they send out their first PP unit. I understand the reason why they did it but why rub salt in the wound at that point? The game is over. What are they trying to prove? Sometimes you need to take the high road and let shit cool off.

I love Stonehouse and the way he plays but let’s be real. He asks to be a target so when he does get targeted with a bad hit, we need to understand that is going to inevitably happen.

With respect to Kenny Walls, I think he is being a bit dramatic. He does make some good points overall but I think he is pushing the point a bit too far. He is exagerating some of the stuff happening to Ottawa. For example, if Boucher had not gotten a. 2 game suspension for being the agGregor, would he have made such a big stink about Lockhart today? I doubt it. Judge the penalties based on the actual play itself and stop trying to make comparisons to other plays. We need to stop with the “whataboutisms” and concentrate on winning games. Take the attitude that every team is below us and approach the games like that. Understand that the opposition has to play up to the 67’s, not the other way around.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Always nice to put a beatdown on the Petes.

So the Petes decided to goon it up in the last ten minutes. I wonder if Dave Branch is going to come down on Petes players the way he likes coming down on Tyler Boucher? I won't hold my breath...

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
I firmly believe the Dever hit was a vicious check to the head but I don’t think there is a video angle that clearly shows it.

The challenge the 67’s will face is the officials cannot have too many penalty pebbles in one pocket during a game. The officials will tend to give the benefit of the doubt to the weaker team, especially if the score is a little lopsided. That is just a reality. I think it falls more in that category for the most part.

With respect to the game tonight, I felt when the game started to get out of hand, the officials should have started assessing more 10 minute misconducts to gain some control.

The 67’s also asked for it a bit when they are up 6-2 and on a 2 minute 5 on 3 advantage and they send out their first PP unit. I understand the reason why they did it but why rub salt in the wound at that point? The game is over. What are they trying to prove? Sometimes you need to take the high road and let shit cool off.

I love Stonehouse and the way he plays but let’s be real. He asks to be a target so when he does get targeted with a bad hit, we need to understand that is going to inevitably happen.

With respect to Kenny Walls, I think he is being a bit dramatic. He does make some good points overall but I think he is pushing the point a bit too far. He is exagerating some of the stuff happening to Ottawa. For example, if Boucher had not gotten a. 2 game suspension for being the agGregor, would he have made such a big stink about Lockhart today? I doubt it. Judge the penalties based on the actual play itself and stop trying to make comparisons to other plays. We need to stop with the “whataboutisms” and concentrate on winning games. Take the attitude that every team is below us and approach the games like that. Understand that the opposition has to play up to the 67’s, not the other way around.
Yeah Stoney will be targeted and I accept that, but Mayer did get the penalty he deserved +/- any further discipline. I do agree the refs will give a bit of leaway to a team being smoked which is OK. I draw the line at dangerous plays though. The danger with letting those go is players if they feel slighted is to take things in their own hands which can lead to further unfortunate situations. I hope the 67's and Cameron can control these urges and just soldier on.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Always nice to put a beatdown on the Petes.

So the Petes decided to goon it up in the last ten minutes. I wonder if Dave Branch is going to come down on Petes players the way he likes coming down on Tyler Boucher? I won't hold my breath...
Don’t feel like the ‘67s are being targeted. The Colts got 30-35 games of suspension over a 3-4 game road trip following the deadline last season. The Petes could be near most games lost to suspension over the past 4-5 years.

Last edited:

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Yeah Stoney will be targeted and I accept that, but Mayer did get the penalty he deserved +/- any further discipline. I do agree the refs will give a bit of leaway to a team being smoked which is OK. I draw the line at dangerous plays though. The danger with letting those go is players if they feel slighted is to take things in their own hands which can lead to further unfortunate situations. I hope the 67's and Cameron can control these urges and just soldier on.
I guess what it comes down to is if you don’t consider anything else and you just look at the Lockhart play, do you honestly think that is worth more than a double minor for roughing?

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
I guess what it comes down to is if you don’t consider anything else and you just look at the Lockhart play, do you honestly think that is worth more than a double minor for roughing?
Yes he went after him from behind wrestled him to the ice and then took advantage of a defenseless player. Just the way I saw it. OMG let's say Gerrior does not get up from that play....then what! He could have been injured just the way he was pulled down notwithstanding the subsequent punches.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Yes he went after him from behind wrestled him to the ice and then took advantage of a defenseless player. Just the way I saw it. OMG let's say Gerrior does not get up from that play....then what! He could have been injured just the way he was pulled down notwithstanding the subsequent punches.
Sorry brutha. I see worse plays multiple times per game.

AGranderson

Nov 20, 2022
how do we find the picks that every team currently has for the upcoming priority selection? Do the barbs have much on the shelf someone post what they have in the upcoming draft or two

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Ottawa 67's
2023GUE 2nd
NIA 2nd
3rd KGN 3rd4th
NIA 4th KGN 4th
5th SAR 5th*---7th8th9th10th11th12th13th14th15th
20242nd SAR 2nd*3rd KGN 3rd KIT 3rd
SSM 3rd SAR 3rd*
4th5th---7th8th HAM 8th9th10th11th12th13th14th15th
20252nd
SSM 2nd SAR 2nd*
3rd WSR 3rd SAR 3rd*4th SAR 4th*5th
KGN 5th
6th7th8th9th10th11th12th13th14th15th
20262nd
OS 2nd
3rd4th5th6th7th8th9th10th11th12th13th14th15th FLNT 15th*
20272nd3rd4th5th6th7th8th9th10th11th12th13th14th15th
20282nd3rd4th5th6th7th8th9th10th11th12th13th14th15th

* The picks with the asterisks are the conditional picks from the Moldenhauer deal that likely will return to Sarnia.

AGranderson

Nov 20, 2022
So if I read that correctly we have all our own picks except for our 2nd & 6th this year?

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
So if I read that correctly we have all our own picks except for our 2nd & 6th this year?

We have access to trade all picks up to 2026.

If we look at our picks in 2023, we have two 2nds (GUE & NIA), two 3rds (KGN & OTT), three 4ths (NIA & KGN & OTT), and then all of the rest of our picks other than a 6th.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
We also have flint's 3rd and 5th in 24 from the Cranley trade.

It is pretty crazy when you think about it. We are 1st in the league with an .840 win% and haven’t added one single player. Meanwhile, we’ve traded away Gaidamak, Cranley, Sawyer, Gill-Shane and Johnston +(6th 2024)for:

OS 2nd 2026
KGN 3rd 2023
WSR 3rd 2025
FLT 3rd 2024
NIA 4th 2023
FLT 5th 2024
HAM 8th 2024

When was the last time there was a team that traded away five players, acquired 7 decent picks, didn’t add a player in any deal, and were 21-4 through the first 25 games?

AGranderson

Nov 20, 2022
OMG I have looked at that link, it reads Oshawa has our 3rd selection in 2023 & Windsor has our 2nd in 2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad