Ottawa 67's 2022-23 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
When I made my list it was strictly what I thought teams would be. I stayed away from player and trade value because they are subjective to what teams want.

As to Niagara it is lie 15 sorres open just because they are open does not mean that people are going to shop in the store. They may look around in the store but not necessarily are they going to buy.

For a team like the 67's I do not see anything there that would make me want to open my wallet.

As to Pinelli I agree with OMG that Morrison is the person that we want. I really think he would be a difference maker. My only wonder is about his availability.

If Hamilton decides to see how they can do with a line up that could be top 4 in the conference they may decide to go for it again. If that is the case then Morrison has to stay.

I agree they sold a lot of picks but this is the OHL and you never know what teams plan.

Yes Kitchener is bad this year but I think that is a defensive issue along with no real scoring other than Pinelli.
I am not sure what kind of package he has but I am sure there is a desire to play with little brother.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I did not see much more than a potentially good physical PK & checking line centre for Michaud until firing of coach. Michaud has been really, really good for 2-:3 weeks imo.

I haven’t seen Michaud play recently. My personal opinion is he has not proven to be impact. As such, he isn’t much of a deadline trade type of guy. He’d probably be worth more to Niagara on their roster than off it.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
When I made my list it was strictly what I thought teams would be. I stayed away from player and trade value because they are subjective to what teams want.

As to Niagara it is lie 15 sorres open just because they are open does not mean that people are going to shop in the store. They may look around in the store but not necessarily are they going to buy.

For a team like the 67's I do not see anything there that would make me want to open my wallet.

As to Pinelli I agree with OMG that Morrison is the person that we want. I really think he would be a difference maker. My only wonder is about his availability.

If Hamilton decides to see how they can do with a line up that could be top 4 in the conference they may decide to go for it again. If that is the case then Morrison has to stay.

I agree they sold a lot of picks but this is the OHL and you never know what teams plan.

Yes Kitchener is bad this year but I think that is a defensive issue along with no real scoring other than Pinelli.
I am not sure what kind of package he has but I am sure there is a desire to play with little brother.

Hamilton is currently one game over .500. They don‘t have assets to buy. The top 3 in the conference will all buy or have already bought And will buy more. If Clarke gets sent back to Barrie, Barrie will buy. They have a boat load of picks. I haven’t even touched on Mississauga. So, at best, if Hamilton stays status quo, they are most likely to max out at 6th place and play the 3rd seed and get smoked in the first round.

Strategically speaking, there is no reason for Hamilton to do anything other than trade their three OA’s if they can get solid value for them. They need to recoup assets to get back to a normal draft cabinet. They’d also benefit with a weaker position in the standings and end up with a higher draft pick.

Entertaining the possibility of Hamilton remaining status quo and run out a team to see what happens if foolish. The Eastern Conference is far too top heavy this year for a 6th to 8th seed to even make the first round entertaining.

Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I haven’t seen Michaud play recently. My personal opinion is he has not proven to be impact. As such, he isn’t much of a deadline trade type of guy. He’d probably be worth more to Niagara on their roster than off it.
If Guelph, Kitchener, and one of Miss & Barrie bow out, there might not be any value in selling anything other than WJC calibre players. Only teams prepared to give up players to teams shopping for next season will get top returns.
Right now, Michaud would be the one OA that I would pencil onto the 2023-24 roster sheet. Pencilled because there should be significant interest.
Three of Zito, Cato, Sirrizotti, Agonestelli, Dann can return an ‘04 born LD and 2004-05 born RW or the picks to acquire a player. If offers are not satisfactory at the deadline, they will be pre-season imo.
An import, 2-1sts in the upcoming drafts would complete the roster.

Unless DelMastro or a for profit later BUG is made available, I don’t think NB can add. Though that is with the belief MacDonald will return to the line-up.

Last edited:

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Hamilton is currently one game over .500. They don‘t have assets to buy. The top 3 in the conference will all buy or have already bought And will buy more. If Clarke gets sent back to Barrie, Barrie will buy. They have a boat load of picks. I haven’t even touched on Mississauga. So, at best, if Hamilton stays status quo, they are most likely to max out at 6th place and play the 3rd seed and get smoked in the first round.

Strategically speaking, there is no reason for Hamilton to do anything other than trade their three OA’s if they can get solid value for them. They need to recoup assets to get back to a normal draft cabinet. They’d also benefit with a weaker position in the standings and end up with a higher draft pick.

Entertaining the possibility of Hamilton remaining status quo and run out a team to see what happens if foolish. The Eastern Conference is far too top heavy this year for a 6th to 8th seed to even make the first round entertaining.
I hear whart you are saying and have no doubt that you may be right. BUT we have to remember this is the OHL. We have in our time following Junior Hockey seen a lot of strange deals and non deals to the point that while something makes sense it does not mean it will necessarily happen.
LOL

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I hear whart you are saying and have no doubt that you may be right. BUT we have to remember this is the OHL. We have in our time following Junior Hockey seen a lot of strange deals and non deals to the point that while something makes sense it does not mean it will necessarily happen.
LOL
Not offered appropriate returns may well keep Hamilton from moving their OAs. The ‘67s will probably only need to outbid themselves for Morrison

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
OMG JUst for the heck what would a trade involving Morrison and Hayes cost us.

It would give us the center we need and also an insurance policy for Beck

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Real solid first period, our skating was awesome. Marelli looking good on D. Kelly is showing some promise and a few good shifts from our 4th line. Pinelli/Gerrior relentless on the forecheck. Gotta love Stoney goading Othmann into a penalty at the end...lol. Erases a Petes pp and gives us one...hope we score to twist the knife.

snipes29

Sep 24, 2022
pretty big no for the best player in the league lol
Biggest whinner in OHL Ottawa announcer just a joke belly ache every call you sissy! Your so biased its embarrasing how do you clowns get hired?

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
If Guelph, Kitchener, and one of Miss & Barrie bow out, there might not be any value in selling anything other than WJC calibre players. Only teams prepared to give up players to teams shopping for next season will get top returns.
Right now, Michaud would be the one OA that I would pencil onto the 2023-24 roster sheet. Pencilled because there should be significant interest.
Three of Zito, Cato, Sirrizotti, Agonestelli, Dann can return an ‘04 born LD and 2004-05 born RW or the picks to acquire a player. If offers are not satisfactory at the deadline, they will be pre-season imo.
An import, 2-1sts in the upcoming drafts would complete the roster.

Unless DelMastro or a for profit later BUG is made available, I don’t think NB can add. Though that is with the belief MacDonald will return to the line-up.

Yeah, I can see all of that. Usually we’d see the deadline deals for the 19 year olds would be higher but there just seems to be so many players potentially available this season that I think some of those guys are a little out of reach to be traded. But, like /niagara did this season, they can dish off one or two of them pre-season.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Not offered appropriate returns may well keep Hamilton from moving their OAs. The ‘67s will probably only need to outbid themselves for Morrison

I heard an interview with James Boyd recently. He said they are trying to define a list of players they would want. There are certain attributes they are looking for so the players fit in. They would go out and target those players and ONLY those players. So, if Morrison is their primary target, they will pay the freight provided it is reasonable. For example, they won’t trade Marelli to get Morrison. They will pay a fair market value in picks even if they are the only bidder. They won’t try to find a better value player that isn’t on their target list.

I think the fair market value for Morrison is two 2nds and two 3rds. Maybe three 3rds. I don’t think they will need to add a roster player.

OMG JUst for the heck what would a trade involving Morrison and Hayes cost us.

It would give us the center we need and also an insurance policy for Beck
67’s wouldn’t be able to complete that deal. They are both OA’s. They have one OA spot open. I know you mentioned maybe dishing off Costantini but if they were to do that and prioritize offence then they’d have to go out and replace Costantini. They don’t have an internal option that brings what Costantini brings to the team.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Solid performance by Ottawa today. They seem to be getting their legs back. This was their first game in a couple weeks where they outskated their opponents in the same manner they were during their streaks.

Peterborough got a little unhinged at the end taking a few liberties but I don’t have an issue with it. It shows their passion and pride. Good for them. They didn’t just roll over. The goalies going at it? Really? Don’t see that often anymore but you could see both of them smiling through it so looked like they were having some fun at least.

ecraigs

Sponsor
Dec 6, 2013
Solid performance by Ottawa today. They seem to be getting their legs back. This was their first game in a couple weeks where they outskated their opponents in the same manner they were during their streaks.

Peterborough got a little unhinged at the end taking a few liberties but I don’t have an issue with it. It shows their passion and pride. Good for them. They didn’t just roll over. The goalies going at it? Really? Don’t see that often anymore but you could see both of them smiling through it so looked like they were having some fun at least.
I hate goalie fights. You can lose a significant player just with a misplaced punch or a fall to the ice. Not worth it at all, even for comic effect. Lockhart should have been gone already. What was the difference between what he did to Gerrior and what Boucher did? When the on-ice officials let things slide, things get stupid.

Ottawa had a lot of players show up today. Rohrer looks like he's got his legs back. Stonehouse has developed a real fan base on the Petes' bench. The Petes' coach is showing a little wear-and-tear. Not sure why, as they're a solid team.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I know it is early but some food for thought…

Ottawa has 43 games left in the season. If they play .600 hockey the rest of the way, they finish with 94 points. For Peterborough to finish with 95 points to win the division, they need to go 33-8 the rest of the season.

If Ottawa finishes on a .700 clip, they finish with 102 points. Peterborough would need to go 37-4 the rest of the season.

It is the first weekend of December and it is starting to look like barring an epic collapse by the 67’s, they already have the division pretty much wrapped up with their current 13 point lead.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I hate goalie fights. You can lose a significant player just with a misplaced punch or a fall to the ice. Not worth it at all, even for comic effect. Lockhart should have been gone already. What was the difference between what he did to Gerrior and what Boucher did? When the on-ice officials let things slide, things get stupid.

Ottawa had a lot of players show up today. Rohrer looks like he's got his legs back. Stonehouse has developed a real fan base on the Petes' bench. The Petes' coach is showing a little wear-and-tear. Not sure why, as they're a solid team.
Petes are in a slump right now. They have a good team. Most teams go through slumps and this is Peterborough’s turn. I fully expect the Petes to add a player or two and be a force in the playoffs.

The team that concerns me a bit right now is Barrie. If they get Clarke returned, they have the assets and then some to add Shane Wright and at least one more impact player. You add Clarke, Wright and another impact player to the Colts and all of a sudden they have the pieces in place to make a run in the 2nd half.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Wow imo their best game of the year. They utterly dominated/frustrated the Petes. This without 4 players including two top 6 forwards. Great job boys!

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Biggest whinner in OHL Ottawa announcer just a joke belly ache every call you sissy! Your so biased its embarrasing how do you clowns get hired?
Are we having a bad day? At the end of the day it's just hockey!

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013

A little unhinged? OMG they were plain dangerous. Kenny Walls has been on the war path and I don't blame him. There seems to be a double standard for us vs our opponents in respect to suspensions. I will not say we haven't deserved recent suspensions but what gets me is the inconsistency and recently we're getting the short end of the stick.
Let's review today
1- possible slew foot on Rohrer uncalled. I don't know for sure about that one as couldn't see it clearly but the Ottawa bench seemed to think so.
2-Rohrer destroyex by a cross check in the back in front of the net. Could have been hurt but missed the net...uncalled
3- hit to the head by Mayer properly called as a major, further discipline??
4 - Lockhart essentially attacks Gerrior after a clean hit and hits him while down....2 min and Boucher gets 5 and 2 games. Further discipline??
5- end of game and a Petes player drills Laforme in the back...further discipline??

Now I don't think the officials called a bad game except Lockhart should have been thrown out. I do think the onus is on the league now as three of those warrant further discipline imo, 4 if indeed there was a missed slew foot.

Finally shout out to Cameron for calling out the Petes coach!!! Way to go coach.

NoQuit67s

Feb 10, 2020
Cameron was letting the Peterborough coach have it after the game.

The Petes should also be looking at suspensions to Mayer and Lockhart. We shall see...

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
67's win 6-2

GOAL
1ST 5:19
#24 Vinzenz Rohrer (9) scores. Assists: #22 Matthew Mayich, #27 Jack Matier
+/-

GOAL
1ST 17:27
#20 Luca Pinelli (13) scores. Assists: #9 Chris Barlas
+/-

GOAL
2ND 8:13
#11 Henry Mews (5) scores. POWER PLAYGAME WINNING
+/-

GOAL
2ND 13:34
#17 Brady Stonehouse (13) scores. Assists: #24 Vinzenz Rohrer, #10 Cameron Tolnai POWER PLAYINSURANCE GOAL
+/-

GOAL
3RD 4:43
#22 Matthew Mayich (1) scores. Assists: #24 Vinzenz Rohrer, #9 Chris Barlas
+/-

GOAL
3RD 9:15
#29 Cooper Foster (12) scores. Assists: #25 Brad Gardiner, #23 Will Gerrior
+/-

3 stars

8609.jpg

FIRST
Vinzenz Rohrer
Ottawa

8588.jpg

SECOND
Matthew Mayich
Ottawa

8586.jpg

THIRD
Brady Stonehouse
Ottawa

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
A little unhinged? OMG they were plain dangerous. Kenny Walls has been on the war path and I don't blame him. There seems to be a double standard for us vs our opponents in respect to suspensions. I will not say we haven't deserved recent suspensions but what gets me is the inconsistency and recently we're getting the short end of the stick.
Let's review today
1- possible slew foot on Rohrer uncalled. I don't know for sure about that one as couldn't see it clearly but the Ottawa bench seemed to think so.
2-Rohrer destroyex by a cross check in the back in front of the net. Could have been hurt but missed the net...uncalled
3- hit to the head by Mayer properly called as a major, further discipline??
4 - Lockhart essentially attacks Gerrior after a clean hit and hits him while down....2 min and Boucher gets 5 and 2 games. Further discipline??
5- end of game and a Petes player drills Laforme in the back...further discipline??

Now I don't think the officials called a bad game except Lockhart should have been thrown out. I do think the onus is on the league now as three of those warrant further discipline imo, 4 if indeed there was a missed slew foot.

Finally shout out to Cameron for calling out the Petes coach!!! Way to go coach.

1 - dunno about the slew foot. In my opinion, the slew foot calls have been a little fast and loose to be honest.
2 - Probably should have been a penalty but a 2 minute minor
3 - call was made and will be reviewed
4 - Lockhart tackled him and gave a few punches with his gloves on while wrestling. I would argue that is a far cry from dropping the gloves, putting a guy down in a compromised position and continue to rain a couple additional fist punches. I think it should have been a double minor for roughing and it probably deserved that but not an aggressor with a suspension. I really don’t think you can compare the two.
5 - 2 minutes for checking from behind would have been the call. I highly doubt that warranted the major and possible suspension. Laforme was flat against the boards holding he puck to run the clock and the Petes player came in heavy but not overly heavy.

The Petes lost their cool. No one was injured and everyone lives to play another game. I think there were other plays this season that went uncalled or under called that had a far greater physical impact than what we saw late in today’s game. They were mostly frustration penalties and we are going to see that type of stuff from time to time.

Reactions: Petesfan8

NordiquesForeva

May 30, 2022
What a game! Might the rumours be true about Othmann? He waited for Cameron at the end of game and had some words for him…didn’t seem friendly, and Cameron didn’t seem to give him a a second thought. Cameron coached Othmann at the World Juniors. The Pete’s have been on a slide since trading for him. Good job on Boyd and Cameron staying away (again, if the rumours are true that they declined to make an offer to Flint for him)

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
What a game! Might the rumours be true about Othmann? He waited for Cameron at the end of game and had some words for him…didn’t seem friendly, and Cameron didn’t seem to give him a a second thought. Cameron coached Othmann at the World Juniors. The Pete’s have been on a slide since trading for him. Good job on Boyd and Cameron staying away (again, if the rumours are true that they declined to make an offer to Flint for him)

Boyd is putting his list of targets together. In all honesty, he probably already has the list. He will prioritize his trades based on that list. If a player not on that list comes available, he isn’t going to move away from the list. Clearly Othmann wasn’t on his list and didn’t feel he would be a good fit. So, he passed. /not a big deal. Maybe that is a reflection on Othman‘s character or maybe it is just a reflection on the type of game he plays that doesn‘t fit what Ottawa is trying to do. I can’t say either way but it is likely character based.

But, it is odd that the downfall started when Othmann arrived. I think it is probably coincidence but who knows?

OHLoutsider2020

Aug 30, 2019
1 - dunno about the slew foot. In my opinion, the slew foot calls have been a little fast and loose to be honest.
2 - Probably should have been a penalty but a 2 minute minor
3 - call was made and will be reviewed
4 - Lockhart tackled him and gave a few punches with his gloves on while wrestling. I would argue that is a far cry from dropping the gloves, putting a guy down in a compromised position and continue to rain a couple additional fist punches. I think it should have been a double minor for roughing and it probably deserved that but not an aggressor with a suspension. I really don’t think you can compare the two.
5 - 2 minutes for checking from behind would have been the call. I highly doubt that warranted the major and possible suspension. Laforme was flat against the boards holding he puck to run the clock and the Petes player came in heavy but not overly heavy.

The Petes lost their cool. No one was injured and everyone lives to play another game. I think there were other plays this season that went uncalled or under called that had a far greater physical impact than what we saw late in today’s game. They were mostly frustration penalties and we are going to see that type of stuff from time to time.
Lockhart big tough guy. Can’t get on 75% of the rides at Canada’s Wonderland.

Reactions: 03HockeyFan

ecraigs

Sponsor
Dec 6, 2013
I will disagree on this one. Lockhart tackled Gerrior from behind and drove his head into the boards. Then he started punching. Boucher had the guts to face his opponent, who seemed a willing participant. The difference is who did it and who was making the call. It shouldn't be, but it is how the OHL operates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad