Ottawa 67's 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
I'd say Saginaw is in need for a goalie and high scoring forward. But I guess that's most teams.

I guess time will tell if anything is true.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
I see a fit for Gilmour/Grondin as we need a second line center but not Busdeker as we're loaded on right wing. What do you think Saguenaw needs/looking for ?
Chmelevski hometown Northville MI and Rippon. Both Gilmour and Grondin are possibly both drafted before next season .

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Chmelevski hometown Northville MI and Rippon. Both Gilmour and Grondin are possibly both drafted before next season .

67s are contenders. They're not dealing Chemelvski or Rippon for Gilmour/Grondin.

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
67s are contenders. They're not dealing Chemelvski or Rippon for Gilmour/Grondin.

Exactly. The point of wanting Gilmour is to move Chem to the wing where he belongs. And Ottawa doesn't need another 2000 centre (Grondin) with Hoelshcher and Bitten and Tolnai and Crete as 02s.

Also, Rippon isn't going anywhere. One of the 2000 D (we all know which one) will go, along with many of the picks in the vault, to get the pieces the 67's need to contend in the east: a #1 centre and a #1 goalie (if that doesn't become available in the import draft).

Last edited:

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
I'd say Saginaw is in need for a goalie and high scoring forward. But I guess that's most teams.

I guess time will tell if anything is true.
Well you certainly are not getting a goalie because at this time we have no proven goalie. Our likely trade bait aside from a plethora of picks would be a D-man of which we have plenty.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Gilmour has potential but he’s coming off a piss poor season and i believe he had a season ending injury to boot. Any deal involving him would be speculative at best. If the 67’s have to give up something of consequence then they’d be better ponying up on a proven player with a more secure track record. Maybe I’d be willing to go a 2nd round pick with a conditional 3rd if he plays an OA season. Outside of that, we may as well hold off for someone that comes available in the early stages of the season. Hell, let Gilmour play 6 weeks in Saginaw to see if he has a rebound at least. Why would Ottawa hold all the risk? It makes no sense.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Gilmour has potential but he’s coming off a piss poor season and i believe he had a season ending injury to boot. Any deal involving him would be speculative at best. If the 67’s have to give up something of consequence then they’d be better ponying up on a proven player with a more secure track record. Maybe I’d be willing to go a 2nd round pick with a conditional 3rd if he plays an OA season. Outside of that, we may as well hold off for someone that comes available in the early stages of the season. Hell, let Gilmour play 6 weeks in Saginaw to see if he has a rebound at least. Why would Ottawa hold all the risk? It makes no sense.
I'd take a chance on him to fill our second line center if the price is right. Yes he had a bad year largely injury related I believe, but he had a good year as a seventeen y.o. and is a former first rounder so there is some talent there. He also is from eastern ontario so might be good for him to get closer to home.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Another guy I thought was a perfect target to go after was B. Saigeon but after his playoff run I doubt he goes undrafted/unsigned again and is likely AHL bound.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
I'd take a chance on him to fill our second line center if the price is right. Yes he had a bad year largely injury related I believe, but he had a good year as a seventeen y.o. and is a former first rounder so there is some talent there. He also is from eastern ontario so might be good for him to get closer to home.

I think Gilmour has had a rough ride here in Saginaw as never being able to show his true potential and playing with a high end winger, but now Jenkins is moving up the charts, Saginaw may keep Gilmour and try him and Jenkins together, that has never happened. Not sure how healthy he is but I am assuming he would be fine as it was a dislocated elbow or shoulder.

I like Grondin, and think he has great potential if given the opportunity somewhere. He just doesn't get the ice time here. With the recent draft picks and maybe Perfetti signing, he still won't. He may be our biggest trait bait (not a great term) along with picks (which we have many of) to being a high end goal scorer in.

Although I heard a Saginaw/67's deal, not exactly who it would be, Gilmour or Grondin and maybe Busdeker is tied into it with Grondin.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Exactly. The point of wanting Gilmour is to move Chem to the wing where he belongs. And Ottawa doesn't need another 2000 centre (Grondin) with Hoelshcher and Bitten and Tolnai and Crete as 02s.

Also, Rippon isn't going anywhere. One of the 2000 D (we all know which one) will go, along with many of the picks in the vault, to get the pieces the 67's need to contend in the east: a #1 centre and a #1 goalie (if that doesn't become available in the import draft).

Which D do we all know will be moving?

They could probably make two really smart acquisitions in picking up Ivan Lodnia from Erie (Sasha's friend) and Brady Gilmour in Saginaw for a handful of picks. I really, really hope that the team makes a splash in the Import draft with a high end goalie- it will save SO many assets that would have to be used in a Goalie trade otherwise.

I like Crete but think that the is likely a long shot to play next year- he would be better off developing in Jr. A like Quinn last year as opposed to rotating into the 4th line.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I think Gilmour has had a rough ride here in Saginaw as never being able to show his true potential and playing with a high end winger, but now Jenkins is moving up the charts, Saginaw may keep Gilmour and try him and Jenkins together, that has never happened. Not sure how healthy he is but I am assuming he would be fine as it was a dislocated elbow or shoulder.

I like Grondin, and think he has great potential if given the opportunity somewhere. He just doesn't get the ice time here. With the recent draft picks and maybe Perfetti signing, he still won't. He may be our biggest trait bait (not a great term) along with picks (which we have many of) to being a high end goal scorer in.

Although I heard a Saginaw/67's deal, not exactly who it would be, Gilmour or Grondin and maybe Busdeker is tied into it with Grondin.

I would love to add Grondin's size in Peterborough.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Maybe just silly rumours, but I heard again the following this morning, not a great source, but did seem to have some good insight into the club.

Busdeker and Grondin to 67's.

Gilmour, Hill, Lamour to Petes.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
CONGRATS TO TRAVIS WINNING THE ECHL CHAMPIONSHIP
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
i WOULD SAY THAT HE WILL NOT BE BACK

As soon as he signed his NHL contract, he was gone. It is extremely rare that a 19 year old signs their NHL contract, taking up one of the 50 roster spaces, and then returns for an OA season. NHL teams are serious about a player when they hand out NHL contracts.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Maybe just silly rumours, but I heard again the following this morning, not a great source, but did seem to have some good insight into the club.

Busdeker and Grondin to 67's.

Gilmour, Hill, Lamour to Petes.
Grondin fine but I don't see Busdeker as a fit. Wonder what Saginaw gets if this is indeed true? Been rumors for a while about Ottawa/Saginaw so wouldn't be surprised something happens. Petes though seem new to the equation. I suspect if it happens it goes down this week before import draft.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Of all the above mentioned players, Gilmour is the only one who seems like a good fit. Maybe Grondin as a C can help, but he looks very comparable to Sam Bitten.

I remember reading that Busdeker and Blade Jenkins are great friends and that Busdeker helped influence Jenkins to sign with Saginaw. Between that and the fact that he's a Michigan native, I think that he is better served in Saginaw. On top of that, Ottawa is loaded at RW and really only needs help at C unless we are talking about a PPG 19 year old or OA.

Reactions: ETA 2000 Fan

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Of all the above mentioned players, Gilmour is the only one who seems like a good fit. Maybe Grondin as a C can help, but he looks very comparable to Sam Bitten.

I remember reading that Busdeker and Blade Jenkins are great friends and that Busdeker helped influence Jenkins to sign with Saginaw. Between that and the fact that he's a Michigan native, I think that he is better served in Saginaw. On top of that, Ottawa is loaded at RW and really only needs help at C unless we are talking about a PPG 19 year old or OA.

We are assuming that we won’t see any other movement on the wings. I am not saying there is or will be movement BUT, hypothetically speaking, DiPietro may become available. If so, then a guy like Clarke would more than likely go the other way opening a spot on the Right Wing.

Last year, there seemed to be some playful Twitter banter between the 67;s and DiPietro. Some tried to make more out of it as if it was a Twitter war but the way I read it was a playful tet a tet. It made me thunk that DiPietro was simply not ready to move this year but next year he would. Well, we would now be into next year. There was way too much smoke there to not have any fire.

So, like I say, there may be more moving parts than we see in one single deal with Saginaw.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
We are assuming that we won’t see any other movement on the wings. I am not saying there is or will be movement BUT, hypothetically speaking, DiPietro may become available. If so, then a guy like Clarke would more than likely go the other way opening a spot on the Right Wing.

Last year, there seemed to be some playful Twitter banter between the 67;s and DiPietro. Some tried to make more out of it as if it was a Twitter war but the way I read it was a playful tet a tet. It made me thunk that DiPietro was simply not ready to move this year but next year he would. Well, we would now be into next year. There was way too much smoke there to not have any fire.

So, like I say, there may be more moving parts than we see in one single deal with Saginaw.
Yoy might be right that multiple deals are in the works. After all we need to obtain a center and a goalie to be true contenders. I am skeptical about Dipietro for a few reasons ( but would love to have him). One I didn't think he was really interested in moving out of Windsor, They will not be contenders but with the deadline moves they will have a good young team. He has his M cup and my feeling is he wants to play it out in Windsor. Two he would cost a ton, deservedly so, so I doubt it happens if they open up the import for goalies where Ottawa can get a solid keeper for free granted its more of an unknown until they play in the O. On the other hand we do have the picks and young players to spare in a trade especially with our last draft where players like Belanger, Maggio will likely play tier two for lack of space...should be an interesting year.

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
Have we signed any draft picks yet?

Kind of odd, no?

Although I did hear on the weekend from someone 'in the know' in Peterborough hockey circles that Will Cranley (2-35), the big goalie from the Minor Petes, has signed his 'Gold Package' with Ottawa.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Kind of odd, no?

Although I did hear on the weekend from someone 'in the know' in Peterborough hockey circles that Will Cranley (2-35), the big goalie from the Minor Petes, has signed his 'Gold Package' with Ottawa.

Gold package for a second round goalie? Must have been NCAA interest. Basically means he got first round pick type money for his CIS scholarship if thats where he ends up.

ForestCityHky

Feb 15, 2018
Gold package for a second round goalie? Must have been NCAA interest. Basically means he got first round pick type money for his CIS scholarship if thats where he ends up.
one could argue that he was one of the top goaltenders. Big potential. Be wrong not to give him a gold package

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad