Ottawa 67's 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Sounds like Petes goalie Dylan Wells will be back for one more year of junior. I could see him moved before the start of the season... 67s would make sense.

Not sure with him. HE had a poor year last season. It was a definite drop off from the previous season. I am not sure the 67’s can afford to take a flyer on a player like that...at least not one without a solid Plan B in house.

Reactions: BarberPole9

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I'd take him. Wonder what his value is?

Overage goalies aren’t usually a high return commodity. If they are good, they play pro. There are a few exceptions but generally speaking, that is the case.

Wells would probably be in that 3rd round pick range. More than what we got for Herbst but definitly less than what Kingston would have gotten for Helvig had they traded him last year.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Overage goalies aren’t usually a high return commodity. If they are good, they play pro. There are a few exceptions but generally speaking, that is the case.

Wells would probably be in that 3rd round pick range. More than what we got for Herbst but definitly less than what Kingston would have gotten for Helvig had they traded him last year.

I agree fully- this isn't the year to hope that an Overage goalie has a rebound year, especially considering that either Cranley or Andree will be the backup.

Lukas Dostal - Elite Prospects

Lukas Dostal pretty well singlehandedly eliminated Canada in the U18 playing for the Czech Republic. The team needs to add somebody like him to not only provide a stopgap this year but to make Goalie a position of strength.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Not sure with him. HE had a poor year last season. It was a definite drop off from the previous season. I am not sure the 67’s can afford to take a flyer on a player like that...at least not one without a solid Plan B in house.
Yeah just looked at his numbers, didn't realize they were not very good, although goals against and save percentage don't necessarily account for quality of shots...the petes were not very good this year. That being said if we can get a solid 18/19 y.o. in the import we keep our assets.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Yeah just looked at his numbers, didn't realize they were not very good, although goals against and save percentage don't necessarily account for quality of shots...the petes were not very good this year. That being said if we can get a solid 18/19 y.o. in the import we keep our assets.

That's because we were awful and had an average age of 12 on our blue line. Going with a complete wildcard in a euro who's never played in the league before seems risky... Wells carried us to an ECF the year before. Just food for thought...

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
That's because we were awful and had an average age of 12 on our blue line. Going with a complete wildcard in a euro who's never played in the league before seems risky... Wells carried us to an ECF the year before. Just food for thought...

Going with a 20 year old who had a terrible season over an 18 year old who single handedly beat Team Canada in the U18 and who is ranked as the top available Goalie for the NHL draft seems a bit more risky...

Reactions: ETA 2000 Fan

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Going with a 20 year old who had a terrible season over an 18 year old who single handedly beat Team Canada in the U18 and who is ranked as the top available Goalie for the NHL draft seems a bit more risky...

That's saying you get him... and get him over to the OHL in the first place lol.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
That's saying you get him... and get him over to the OHL in the first place lol.

Very True. We do pick early so there is a decent chance we may actually snag him.

That said, there is nothing wrong with taking a flyer on Wells for a 3rd round pick. If we end up with a better solution then so be it. We can flip Wells or keep him. Either way, I’d be more comfortable with the option depending on what our OA situation ends up being. As of right now we would have an open OA spot so it does make some sense.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Heard yesterday from a source (not a huge reliable source) that if Perfetti signs here in Saginaw, Gilmour or Busdeker will be traded to 67's. Not sure for who, but as mentioned earlier in this thread, Gilmour could be going your way.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Heard yesterday from a source (not a huge reliable source) that if Perfetti signs here in Saginaw, Gilmour or Busdeker will be traded to 67's. Not sure for who, but as mentioned earlier in this thread, Gilmour could be going your way.
Gilmour would be a good fit as a #2 center and maybe we get an OA year. As for Busdeker we're loaded on right wing so I doubt it.

Reactions: BarberPole9

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
that is interesting as the rumour I heard was that Perfetti would only play for London or Oshawa :popcorn:

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
Brock Otten's (one of many, obviously) final (50 + HMs) ranking of OHL players for the upcoming NHL draft:

"Ottawa is going to be crazy good (likely) over the next two seasons..."
"The 67's are going to be a very, very good team in the coming years..."

11. Kevin Bahl
17. Mitchell Hoelscher
19. Kody Clark
22. Merrick Rippon
27. Carter Robertson
39. Sam Bitten
HM. Olivier True
HM. Quinn Yule

Full profiles at: OHL Prospects

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Brock Otten's (one of many, obviously) final (50 + HMs) ranking of OHL players for the upcoming NHL draft:

11. Kevin Bahl
17. Mitchell Hoelscher
19. Kody Clark
22. Merrick Rippon
27. Carter Robertson
39. Sam Bitten
HM. Olivier True
HM. Quinn Yule

Full profiles at: OHL Prospects
The only question is will True still be here next year. With everyone talking about Euro goalies I think he will be gone.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa

11. Kevin Bahl
17. Mitchell Hoelscher
19. Kody Clark
22. Merrick Rippon
27. Carter Robertson
39. Sam Bitten
HM. Olivier True
HM. Quinn Yule

Full profiles at: OHL Prospects[/QUOTE

It should be a really good couple of years and I genuinely believe that this team could win the East the next two years if we add an impact European goalie who is 17 or 18 years old.

Barron could come back as well, as he was playing in the ECHL with Colorado- maybe they'll want to see him continue to develop in Ottawa playing first line minutes.

Last edited:

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Not certain, but I have heard 67's are being discussed for a trade and players of interest are: Gilmour, Busdeker, Grondin.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Not certain, but I have heard 67's are being discussed for a trade and players of interest are: Gilmour, Busdeker, Grondin.
I see a fit for Gilmour/Grondin as we need a second line center but not Busdeker as we're loaded on right wing. What do you think Saguenaw needs/looking for ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad