Ottawa 67's 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
Gold package for a second round goalie? Must have been NCAA interest. Basically means he got first round pick type money for his CIS scholarship if thats where he ends up.

90+% (if not 100) of 1st 2 rounders get Gold Package. I just wonder why it's not been announced. Maybe waiting on Tolnai?

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
All first rounders must be offered the "Gold" package. Room, board and tuition. It is based on school closest to home address and is typically worth around $20-25k per year.

Each team is allowed to have 7 full rides on their books at any one time.

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
sounds great now do we make a trade?

Bahl
Belanger
Hoef
Okhotyuk
Peric
Rippon
Robertson
Wilson

That's 8. Hoef will be in Arizona and Bahl wherever he gets drafted for part of September. So when they return, that's certainly 1 too many.

Have to think one of them is gone over the summer or early in September. It's no secret. This team needs a #1 centre and a #1 goaltender.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Bahl
Belanger
Hoef
Okhotyuk
Peric
Rippon
Robertson
Wilson

That's 8. Hoef will be in Arizona and Bahl wherever he gets drafted for part of September. So when they return, that's certainly 1 too many.

Have to think one of them is gone over the summer or early in September. It's no secret. This team needs a #1 centre and a #1 goaltender.
Yes I suspect moves are coming and we do have too many D...good problem to have! The easy answer is even though Belanger is signed that he plays tier 2 for a year. If they keep him likely one has to go. In my view Hoef is our leader this year as a 19 y.o. and we keep wilson who has OA potential and perhaps the less trade value and adds an element of toughness. Peric and Belanger round out the ages so they stay. So one of the four 18 y.o. will go. Okhotiuk stays as an import, Rippon likely ,being local and just traded for, stays. This leaves Robertson and Bahl. I mentionned this before and I know some will disagree but I would trade Bahl for three reasons:
1-Bahl has more trade value
2- Better chance we get an OA year from Robertson
3- Okhotiuk, Hudson and Rippon all have a game similar to Bahl, more stay at home physical types. Keeping Robertson gives us more of a puck mover imo

So Hoef-Rippon
Okhotiuk-Robertson
Hudson- Peric
Belanger

Good balance of puck movers and more stay at home tough pairings.

Reactions: BarberPole9

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Great news on signings, can't wait to see Tolnai. Also intrigued by Belanger, very surprised he went in third round considering his numbers. Hopefully Cranley is ready for the back up job now we just need to fing a number one.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Yes I suspect moves are coming and we do have too many D...good problem to have! The easy answer is even though Belanger is signed that he plays tier 2 for a year. If they keep him likely one has to go. In my view Hoef is our leader this year as a 19 y.o. and we keep wilson who has OA potential and perhaps the less trade value and adds an element of toughness. Peric and Belanger round out the ages so they stay. So one of the four 18 y.o. will go. Okhotiuk stays as an import, Rippon likely ,being local and just traded for, stays. This leaves Robertson and Bahl. I mentionned this before and I know some will disagree but I would trade Bahl for three reasons:
1-Bahl has more trade value
2- Better chance we get an OA year from Robertson
3- Okhotiuk, Hudson and Rippon all have a game similar to Bahl, more stay at home physical types. Keeping Robertson gives us more of a puck mover imo

So Hoef-Rippon
Okhotiuk-Robertson
Hudson- Peric
Belanger

Good balance of puck movers and more stay at home tough pairings.

You are crazy. He’s our Chara. Why keep a poor man’s Wade Redden?

The reality is this is about building a Championship. Kevin Bahl is our #1 D-Man going into next season. Arguably, Robertson is #5 or #6.

I could care less whether we are short an OA the year we are rebuilding after two kicks at the Championship can.

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
I spoke to an NHL scout on the weekend who believes Okhotyuk is Ottawa's best D-man (and none of the draft eligibles are on their 'list'). Only one team's opinion I grant you but interesting none the less.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
LETS HAVE SOME FUN

NHL draft Where do you think players will go. NOT LOOKING AT TEAMS

Bahl - Late round 2 as he is not in the top 20 of defensemen and there are many other positions.
Clark - 3rd middle round
HOELSCHER, - 4th round
Rippon - 6th round
Robertson 6th round
Bitten 7th not at all
Ttue late 7th not at all I see True possibly going home and turning Pro.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
home games
Breakdown

Friday only 1 game
Fri-Sat 3 weekends 6 games
Fri Sun 4 weekends 8 games
Fri Sun mon 1 weekend 3 games
Sat-Sun 4 weekends 8 games
Sat 2 games
Sunday 2 games
weekday 4 games

Enjoy

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Bahl Stays 2 years plus left going to be a star
Belanger stays as the rookie and future of the D
Hoef - leadership you can not trade him
Okhotyuk a top prospect and a good leader
Peric rookie last year should show something this year
Rippon traded to get him he is going to have something to prove to scouts
Robertson could get drafted and will have that experience - could be traded though
Wilson - brings size to the team and has improved every year.

We suffered thru the development of these guys, therefore, I really do not see any major trade unless the other team is giving us the top player. Until we see what the goaltending is going to be like we really cannot trade anyone or think of being a high ranked team this year. It makes no sense to drain the defense to add offense if the other team is going to have a field day on the net.
I would say to stay with the defense and set up four pairings to start Bah,l Hoef and Robertson will likely be at NHL Camps for a while Hoef hopefully at the main camp and gets some NHL ice time.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
You are crazy. He’s our Chara. Why keep a poor man’s Wade Redden?

The reality is this is about building a Championship. Kevin Bahl is our #1 D-Man going into next season. Arguably, Robertson is #5 or #6.

I could care less whether we are short an OA the year we are rebuilding after two kicks at the Championship can.[/QUOTE Well crazy has been thrown in around me sometimes. I guess I'm higher than you are on Robertson and think we'll see a big jump this year. I also think Okhotiuk can take Bahl's role. Also don't discount the value of two OA years (Wilson and Robertson). In two years with all the assets we have I think we are retooling a la London not rebuilding if they play their cards right. We have a lot of good players in the pipeline imo. We will see. I do agree though its unlikely they trade Bahl I just think they should for the right deal.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Just click expand on above entry to see my response. Don't know why it did that and can't seem to fix it.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I spoke to an NHL scout on the weekend who believes Okhotyuk is Ottawa's best D-man (and none of the draft eligibles are on their 'list'). Only one team's opinion I grant you but interesting none the less.

Bahl isn’t on their list? WOW. I can understand Robertson, and Rippon not on a list but Bahl? Unbelievable.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013

I understand your logic. We do have four guys that would be considered “stay at home” D-Men and we could theoretically afford to trade Bahl if we look at just that.

That said, I just think the gap between Rippon and Bahl, for example, is far too wide. Normally I would agree with your logic but not when we are a real contender for a Championship. That gap will mean a lot. Plus we have loads of other assets with picks etc to get the players we need so there is no real NEED to trade Bahl over Robertson.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
LETS HAVE SOME FUN

NHL draft Where do you think players will go. NOT LOOKING AT TEAMS

Bahl - Late round 2 as he is not in the top 20 of defensemen and there are many other positions.
Clark - 3rd middle round
HOELSCHER, - 4th round
Rippon - 6th round
Robertson 6th round
Bitten 7th not at all
Ttue late 7th not at all I see True possibly going home and turning Pro.

Bahl - 2nd round
Clark - late 4th to early 5th
Hoelscher - late 4th to early 5th

The end....

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
Bahl isn’t on their list? WOW. I can understand Robertson, and Rippon not on a list but Bahl? Unbelievable.

I was a little surprised too until he explained their list is very specific to needs within their organization as well as to their draft position (no point in targeting players unlikely to be available where they are drafting). This team's list had only 30 names on it.

Suffice it to say they don't foresee a need for a big, stay-at-home, left-shot defenseman or they think Bahl will be unavailable where their picks are.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Bahl - 2nd round
Clark - late 4th to early 5th
Hoelscher - late 4th to early 5th

The end....

Care for a friendly wager that at least four 67's are picked?

Bahl- 2
Clark- 2
Robertson- 4
Hoelscher- 4
Rippon- 6
(WISHFUL)Bitten, Yule, True hopefully- 7

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Care for a friendly wager that at least four 67's are picked?

Bahl- 2
Clark- 2
Robertson- 4
Hoelscher- 4
Rippon- 6
(WISHFUL)Bitten, Yule, True hopefully- 7

I can see four picked, just the same as I could see only one or two picked. My prediction is three. I think Clark had a good enough first half and the pedigree from his father to help alleviate doubts from his second half. Keating had far superior numbers last year but didn’t get picked if that is any indicator at all. I think Hoelscher had a tremendous 2nd half with added opportunity. That said, I could also see neither of them drafted at all.

I just don’t see five picked. It is possible but I doubt it. I know there are a couple more on the draft posts but they are super deep. They make the North American lists and don’t put the Euro’s on it so it essentially doubles the number of players predicted to be picked. Without a lengthy playoff run to prove themselves, it will be difficult for the bubble boys to get a leg up. I feel Robertson and Rippon are bubble boys. Both of those players will need help from a team that truly believes in them for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad