Speculation: Ottawa’s 1st RP

Cynick

Know-Nothing
Dec 24, 2008
Toronto
Damn, there are some really decent offers in this thread. I'd probably take the Tkachuk offer, the Minny offer above, and the CBJ one.

Reactions: Sicko

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
I'd give both Minnesota firsts and your choice of Dumba/Greenway as an opening offer.
I think this is a really good offer, Ottawa and Dumba make a lot of sense as a pairing.
2 years left after this one but if you trade him this season not only can you go 7-3 in the Expansion Draft, but you trade him before he can put Ottawa on his NTC.
Ottawa moves down ~15 spots but pick up another first to boot.

Reactions: TSA0402

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
If Power is on the board at 3 and Ottawa has the pick...

LA trades #7, Walker, Madden, Grans.

LA gets their other Top4 LHD. Ottawa gets a Top10 pick, a Top4 Dman (26 years old signed to a good deal), a young skilled combo C/W, and a young Swedish RHD that can fill a Top4 role down the line

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
If Power is on the board at 3 and Ottawa has the pick...

LA trades #7, Walker, Madden, Grans.

LA gets their other Top4 LHD. Ottawa gets a Top10 pick, a Top4 Dman (26 years old signed to a good deal), a young skilled combo C/W, and a young Swedish RHD that can fill a Top4 role down the line

If Power is on the board at 3, he is a much better option than those pieces. There are too many questions in this draft. As much as I like Brannstrom, he either goes RD or he is traded at that point.

The Minnesota offer with Dumba on this thread is better for starters.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
I would consider trading the pick if we can get a good young top pairing RD to play with Chabot. Someone younger than 26 who is either signed to term (4+ years) or has some rfa control.

If not then Ottawa should keep the pick
I'd like see what would be offered for that return

NYI would have 2 RHD that interest me... Dobson+Mayfield
but Lou love his veteran too much. I would believe that's a no go

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Matt Tkachuk for a top 3 pick

Beniers
Guenther
Power

any of those three would be huge adds for the Flames if we do go for a quick rebuild. That said I’d prefer to go after Bowen Byram for Tkachuk as I think the Avs have the depth on the blue line to make that trade.

Buffalo accepts

PuckInTheNards

Feb 4, 2008
I think this is a really good offer, Ottawa and Dumba make a lot of sense as a pairing.
2 years left after this one but if you trade him this season not only can you go 7-3 in the Expansion Draft, but you trade him before he can put Ottawa on his NTC.
Ottawa moves down ~15 spots but pick up another first to boot.

The value here probably skews to Ottawa but makes sense for Minnesota because we’re likely to lose one of Greenway or Dumba to expansion anyway. Using Dumba to move up to get a top tier prospect would be the best way to get value for him, IMHO.

I’m a little surprised people prefer Dumba over Greenway. Greenway is younger and cheaper - I thought he’d have more value than Dumba.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
The value here probably skews to Ottawa but makes sense for Minnesota because we’re likely to lose one of Greenway or Dumba to expansion anyway. Using Dumba to move up to get a top tier prospect would be the best way to get value for him, IMHO.

I’m a little surprised people prefer Dumba over Greenway. Greenway is younger and cheaper - I thought he’d have more value than Dumba.
Agreed, he definitely does, but Dumba better fits the Senators and their needs.

Sens9292

Oct 5, 2019
Greig and JBD ars far from 1st rd talent. And Colin white was a 1st rounder, that's not what he's worth anymore. The only valuable pieces you are sending are Pinto and a 1st in a terrible draft.

Think more like

1st 2021
Sanderson
Pinto
Another 1st rd pick talent wise

I'm confused here.

Nov 1, 2011
Brock Boeser, who adds?

Although I think I'm the only guy on the Canucks board trying to start a tank for 2023.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Brock Boeser, who adds?

Although I think I'm the only guy on the Canucks board trying to start a tank for 2023.

Don’t think I would complain too much if my selection within 3 to 5 ends up being a Boeser in what most consider as a “weak” draft.

I think I’d risk Dorion’s drafting coupled with potentially 8 years of team control to that though.

Definitely no to trading for Matthew Tkachuk with that qualifying offer though.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Why even bring this up in this thread? What discussion do you hope to have making this comment?
Because teams who might have to face us in the future, especially if the Canadian division stays for a while, just don't want another high end player on Ottawa. That's how I took that comment personally

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad