Confirmed Trade: [OTT/VAN] Alex Burrows for Jonathan Dahlen; Burrows re-signs 2 years/2.5M AAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason2020

Sep 24, 2014
Dahlen while is a good prospect there is some debate if he will ever play in the Nhl due to his size and lack of speed.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Im excited to see Burrows play tonight. Probably my favorite deal of the deadline for us. I do expect it to take a few games for Burrows and Stalberg to really buy into the system, but man when they do I really think we can win the Atlantic

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Im excited to see Burrows play tonight. Probably my favorite deal of the deadline for us. I do expect it to take a few games for Burrows and Stalberg to really buy into the system, but man when they do I really think we can win the Atlantic

Burrows will be fine right away. Trust me. I hope he harasses the living crap out of the Bruins and Laffs.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
LOL Dive fest watch the highlights bud, it went both ways with both teams in that series. Burrows is Satan, oh yah that's why he did so much in the community right? That's why our young players have done so well under his leadership right? He scored some of the most important goals in the teams history, was a huge part of raising awareness for mental health in Canada, but yah totally Satan.

Please find another team to cheer for, we have enough fans like you as it is.

I think he meant Satan as in Miroslav :D

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Vancouver fans, why has is production dropped so much?

Age mostly. Lost half a step.

In the torts year he looked dead .. didn't score for 48 games?? There was talk of buying him out last year , but this year it almost seems like he's been re juvinated.

He will be the first on the ice , the last off. He goes to Optional skates, helps out young players. He has a bad rap but when you get down to it , he is one of the most humble hard working players you will ever see.

He will do anything the coach asks And never complains

Rosko Thorn

Jul 4, 2009
Sudbury, ON
Ottawa got a beauty in burrows. Hard working and dedicated. I would not have been upset to keep him during a rebuild to help teach the young players

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Vancouver's prospect depth went from "meh" to "pretty good"

2017- 1st (likely top 3 - Patrick, Hischier, Vilardi, Liljegren)
Boeser
Demko
Juolevi
Goldobin
Dahlen
Virtanen
Gaudette
Brisebois

Plus they could also potentially get SJ's 1st, and CLB's 2nd.
They also draft high in the 2nd round as well.

Clamshells

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 11, 2009
Don't know why a lot of Sens fans didn't believe us.

Because a lot of Sens fans overreact and assume every decision made by management is automatically the wrong one.

Burrows is going to help this team compete over the next two years and couple months. Dahlen won't.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Because a lot of Sens fans overreact and assume every decision made by management is automatically the wrong one.

Burrows is going to help this team compete over the next two years and couple months. Dahlen won't.

Which I think is more important in the long run compared to Dahlen. Even in a few years down the road Dahlen turns into a 50-60 point player, it won't matter if Karlsson leaves. There's times in previous years you can tell he's frustrated with the talent around him.

Ottawa got one of the better free agents available this year without having to pay a steep price for a player like Duchene. If Ottawa can makes some deep runs the next two years, Karlsson won't have an issue staying. But if they keep on fizzling out early or miss the playoffs, there's a lot more uncertainty.

yoss

May 25, 2011
That's what's up. Alexander motha****in Burrows, what! Clutch as hell. Go Sens! (... & Sharks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad