Confirmed Trade: [OTT/VAN] Alex Burrows for Jonathan Dahlen; Burrows re-signs 2 years/2.5M AAV

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoss

May 25, 2011
That's what's up. Alexander motha****in Burrows, what! Clutch as hell. Go Sens! (... & Sharks)

*Alexandre

I should know better. Good luck Burr! Off to a good start already.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
It's only one game, but he's a much better player than I gave him credit for. He still has the wheels and grit and his hands are pretty good too. Fit like a glove on our team tonight.

Scygen

Jun 12, 2014
Calgary
He's not going to score 2 goals every night. But he will player excellent defense first gritty hockey on a nightly basis. Perfect for a long playoff run, which is exactly what the Sens need.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
crazy to say it after 1 game but I truly believe, that if you're a Sens fan or someone in the Sens organization this trade is a win

Playoff race in the East is close and Burrows 2 goals just boosted Sens chance of playoffs by 10% = playoff revenue, playoff experience. I'm expecting Sens to make it by 2-3 points

Pastor Of Muppets

Jan 19, 2017
What is going to be interesting is how roundly despised Burrows will be by Leaf and Hab fans...He is definitely quite the needler.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
He was great tonight. Aside from the two goals he was throwing his body down on the PK and finishing his hits.

Not expecting offense every night but he seems like he can play up and down the lineup. When Ryan is healthy he'll probably slot next to Pageau and form an annoying duo to play against

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Defended the trade all the way. Do I wish we hadn't gave up Dahlen ? sure. That being said I watch a lot of Vancouver games and Burrows isn't a washed up useless player at all. Had 2 goals last night but his work along the boards was superb and his play without the puck too. Even laid out Barrie along the boards. The problem on this site and in life in general is people over value picks and prospects like crazy and don't look at the big picture.

I facepalm so hard when I read Erat vs Forsberg comparison. The thing is Dahlen isn't Forsberg at all, nor do we know his development. And the other thing is Burrows isn't Erat, like, at all.

He won't score every night but you can expect this play to keep up with the blocks, hits and disturbance all over the ice.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
crazy to say it after 1 game but I truly believe, that if you're a Sens fan or someone in the Sens organization this trade is a win

Playoff race in the East is close and Burrows 2 goals just boosted Sens chance of playoffs by 10% = playoff revenue, playoff experience. I'm expecting Sens to make it by 2-3 points

These are the relatively small, under appreciated moves that pay off at the trade deadline. This trade already put 2 points in the Sens bank.

Dorion improved the team for today, Dahlen wasn't going to help the drive for 1st place in the division. It also sends a clear message to the Sens players, that it is win now. They Karlsson, Dion, Stone, Turris will all buy in and work a bit harder knowing Mgt believes in them.

The Sens are a great story this year. I am looking fwd to seeing them continue their Cinderella year. Perhaps all the way to the top of their division.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Because Melnyk can make some money? What's wrong with this board? We're in a make the playoffs now mode because we have the game's best D-man (arguably), and a host of other excellent hockey players who, as a whole, should be in the running to make the playoffs, which they are.

I was drawing a distinction between "win now" as in "win the cup" mode and "make the playoffs" mode. I don't think they're the same.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
BUrrows has had a decent year this year. He isn't going to be a 30 goal scorer ever again, but he has shwon this year he is still capable of complimenting skilled players for decent amounts of time. And when he's not with skilled players he isn't going to hurt you. In fact his defensive play will make him a net positive for the team. I expect he'll get 25-30ish points per year for his extension without PP time. His entire career is based on getting point 5-on-5 with very limited PP time...just what a team wants in the bottom 6.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Now you've done it.

Now he's going to score a goal into his own net and lose us a game.

Skipee

Mar 27, 2010
Now you've done it.

Now he's going to score a goal into his own net and lose us a game.

Can it nerd, that hasn't happened since that goofball Phillips did it ruining us a chance at the cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->