Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] F Claude Giroux signs with the Senators (3 years, $6.5M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skizwald

Feb 1, 2016
Philadelphia
I remember before the start of the season there was a GM that commented something along the lines of "Bringing in Claude Giroux's character is the worst thing for the sens locker room."

I feel bad for whoever's GM that is.
Which GM said this? I tried to search for the quote but couldn't find anything.

Hes always been underrated by fans and the media.

Reactions: captainpaxil

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
A great many geniuses throughout history have been described as such, so I consider myself to be in good company
1681483611918.png

Reactions: Altimus

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
lol, you look like a fool this entire thread.

And then Giroux just hit 35 goals and 79 points and you look more of a fool.
It all boils down to where Ottawa is in their rebuild

Are they contenders in 2023? Likely not, so what is likely to be Giroux's most productive season of his contract probably won't contribute to a lengthy playoff run

Yeah, what a foolish thing for me to have said

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007

Are they contenders in 2023? Likely not, so what is likely to be Giroux's most productive season of his contract probably won't contribute to a lengthy playoff run

If only that was all you said lol.

Reactions: NyQuil

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Ahh good times, remember when you said this, oof.

If Giroux had wanted to come home, and finish his career helping mentor Ottawa's young core, great! It should've been for something like 9 million over 3 years, but it appears as though the Sens are not only paying him for his past production, they're not expecting any sort of decline in that production either

I guess we'll see how it all plays out, but my initial thoughts are
this was a gross overpay for the Senators

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

If Giroux had wanted to come home, and finish his career helping mentor Ottawa's young core, great! It should've been for something like 9 million over 3 years, but it appears as though the Sens are not only paying him for his past production, they're not expecting any sort of decline in that production either

well it's a 3 year contract and one year has been wasted because the GM didn't get a real goaltender.

Reactions: dirtydanglez

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016

Given where the Sens were/are in their rebuild, it was a gross overpay in that it didn't result in any meaningful games this spring

That's the part you guys seem to be having difficulty understanding

Giroux scored a lot of points for a team that will play 0 playoff games this season, so how could that be seen a wise investment from the Senators?

Reactions: dirtydanglez

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
well it's a 3 year contract and one year has been wasted because the GM didn't get a real goaltender.
That's not correct. We had 2 NHL caliber goalies in Forsberg and Talbot (who has since shat himself) and both got injured - one RIGHT after the trade deadline. We've used 7 goalies this year - do you think that was for the f*** of it?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Given where the Sens were/are in their rebuild, it was a gross overpay in that it didn't result in any meaningful games this spring

Giroux scored a lot of points for a team that will play 0 playoff games this season, so how could that be seen a wise investment from the Senators?
Lmao, and poster doubles down.
Might be better to just say you were way off base for saying $3 Million per.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007

Holy shit, really? Do you really watch hockey or just look at stats etc?

A veteran who is as professional a player and character as I can recall the Sens having since Alfie was signed for money only, not assets, comes in here shows what real leadership means in the lockerroom to guys like Stutzle, Norris etc. - and not only on ice, off ice as well and you still have an argument against it?

Reactions: HFitzer and pit

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Holy shit, really? Do you really watch hockey or just look at stats etc?

A veteran who is as professional a player and character as I can recall the Sens having since Alfie was signed for money only, not assets, comes in here shows what real leadership means in the lockerroom to guys like Stutzle, Norris etc. - and not only on ice, off ice as well and you still have an argument against it?
Poster is trolling like before. Proven wrong numerous times but triples down on views.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

Injuries screwed them over. I mean, how many goalies did they have to cycle through by season's end?

Im a Sabres fan, so I have no biased toward the Sens. Actually, my bias is against them, but theyre a team on the up-and-up. If they were even modestly healthy this year, I think they finish ahead of both the Sabres and Islanders.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I've never accused anyone of being a troll simply for having a different opinion than me, nor do I feel the need to make the discussion about them rather than staying on topic... probably because I'm not emotionally invested in such things

I said I didn't like the signing because the Sens weren't ready to contend, and here they are sitting outside of the playoffs despite a fantastic season from Giroux

If you're happy with the signing, that's great! I'm happy you're happy... but it doesn't change my thoughts on the matter

I'll see myself out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad