Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] F Claude Giroux signs with the Senators (3 years, $6.5M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
….ng hell Ottawa winning this offseason.

Looking like if they won’t make the playoffs next year it would be a major fail

Reactions: Estlin and Morrison

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I was thinking of how Giroux would be a great addition to the Sens with their young talent the other day. Wow, Dorion again. He's been on fire. If so, what a good signing. Coming from Lebrun makes this seem like a go.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Shhhhh... lets celebrate if/when its done!

I've always thought Dorion and Ottawa were vastly underrated.
If they pull this off, they still need a defender, but they're a playoff team.
We'll see... very tough conference... but they damn well better be competing either way.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

They’ll have one of the best top6’s in the league with Chabot& Sanderson on the blueline.

Not to mention going from Murray to Talbot

They look legit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Sign Giroux and then trade for Chychrun? I become a believer. Sens will be a thorn on the Habs side in the years to come. We are rebuilding youth as well but it might be a battle in about 2/3 years. Tampa and Toronto will be good for years yet but the Bruins are slipping.

Atlantic is a tough division.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Makes sense as he winds down his career, it's fairly close to home and there are a lot of northern Ontario. transplants in Ottawa. Heck I have a buddy here in Ottawa from Hearst and 2 coworkers from the same town.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Sign Giroux and then trade for Chychrun? I become a believer. Sens will be a thorn on the Habs side in the years to come. We are rebuilding youth as well but it might be a battle in about 2/3 years. Tampa and Toronto will be good for years yet but the Bruins are slipping.

Atlantic is a tough division.

Florida will be top with Barkov, Ekblad, Lundell& Knight.

Just a nightmare division

Reactions: Habs Halifax

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Agreed, I always thought of Dorion as a sharp hockey man, he was no doubt interfered with by Ownership previously. If Ottawa land a solid top 4 D man. Dare I say it, they can compete in the Atlantic. That's a very nice top 6 they are assembling if Giroux signs.

Reactions: kerrabria

Ygg

Feb 2, 2017
the Sens org chart is, for literally the first time I can think of, filled with people in the right spots - all but Zaitsev who we know will be traded in a big package for a top-4 RHD

DeBrincat-Stutzle-Giroux
Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Formenton-Pinto-Joseph
Kelly-Gambrell-Watson
Kastelic

Chabot-Zub
Sanderson-XXX
Brannstrom-Hamonic
Holden

Forsberg
Talbot

I haven't been that excited about the Sens in many years. Seems like our best roster since the early 2000s

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
….ng hell Ottawa winning this offseason.

Looking like if they won’t make the playoffs next year it would be a major fail

Gonna be tough with FLA/TB/TOR in same division but they could fight for the wildcard. Boston is a major ? with Marchand injury and Bergeron in jeopardy right now. Who knows. I think Ottawa is more likely to finish 9th in the East with around 90 pts than to make the playoffs

Reactions: Unbiased Fan

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Gonna be tough with FLA/TB/TOR in same division but they could fight for the wildcard. Boston is a major ? with Marchand injury and Bergeron in jeopardy right now. Who knows. I think Ottawa is more likely to finish 9th in the East with around 90 pts than to make the playoffs

I don’t see it Flordia-Tampa-Toronto and Boston are all way better
Metro is a lot weaker.
Was& Pens are getting up there with the age.

Only Carolina& Rangers are legit quarantee playoff teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad