OT: Other Sports aka #Broncos #SellRockiesSell #Nuggets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I don't think the Broncos will purposefully tank.
Moot.

I think they win one.

Makes me think of the 1990 season where they went 5-11 after the San Fran Super Bowl loss. They rebounded to go to the AFC Championship game the next year. Of course the reward for that disaster was Mike Croel.:facepalm:

It's a shame Reeves didn't get fired after that year.

I am glad they are doing things like getting into fist fights and complaining about a lost year. It means they still care. I remember hearing a quote from a basketball player "there aren't any Ws or Los on my paycheck". Glad that isn't the case. Let they hatred flow through you boys!

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
If there's any way to get Andrew Luck, they have to do it. You can still win now with this defence.
A QB drafted number #1 overall coming to the Broncos and winning a Super Bowl? Such a thing could never happen! :sarcasm:

Elway should take a page out of Ed Kaiser's book and take an Irsay to Vegas. That'll get a deal done.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
id trade von for luck straight up
A. that would be stupid as it would tear the team apart as Von is the leader of the team
B. Colts would never make that trade as they aren't a Von Miller away from the Super Bowl
C. Colts would probably want young assets a high draft picks, probably going to cost at least 2 lst round picks, a couple 2nd round picks, Shane Ray and probably Paxton Lynch (just because they'd probably need a warm body at QB)

Basically players of Luck's caliber don't get traded much.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
I'd trade Luck for Von so fast his head would spin. Von is the closest thing to LT I saw at OLB. If it wasn't for Watt (who jobbed out of a MVP award) he'd be the best D player of his generation, by quite a margin.

quesosauce

Feb 5, 2008
Denver
i love von to death, but defense may win championships, it doesnt GET you there, timely defense wins championships

i just dont see how we can field an offense in todays nfl when we are paying qb money to a wr and an olb

quesosauce

Feb 5, 2008
Denver
... It did exactly that for us...

and we've done what since? flashes in the pan happen, id rather make the playoffs 4/5 years than miss 4 out of 5 and have maybe a crack at the championship once, but maybe im in the minority in that?

also, people continue to underrate peyton mannings contribution to that super bowl run

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
and we've done what since? flashes in the pan happen, id rather make the playoffs 4/5 years than miss 4 out of 5 and have maybe a crack at the championship once, but maybe im in the minority in that?

also, people continue to underrate peyton mannings contribution to that super bowl run
Contribution? The man damn near cost the Broncos the AFC Championship game with his inability to do anything in the 2nd half. The Broncos won that Super Bowl in spite of Peyton Manning.

quesosauce

Feb 5, 2008
Denver
Contribution? The man damn near cost the Broncos the AFC Championship game with his inability to do anything in the 2nd half. The Broncos won that Super Bowl in spite of Peyton Manning.

championship level D isnt sustainable, as we have seen not only with the broncos, but with the ravens, and the old bears, and heck also the modern seahawks

franchise QB makes or breaks everything, every once in a while a D dominates a season so much, but theres a reason that only Brady, Ben, and Manning have represented the AFC in every superbowl except one for the last like 12 years or whatever.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Talib's obsession with grabbing Crabtree's chain is just bizarre.
]

I think he figured it's a good way to get at Crabtree and it is a cheesy affectation on his part.

Besides Crabtree did sucker Harris the play before.

Good on Marshawn for walking Talib out of there. It was negligent and dangerous for there not to be any security around the Raiders bench and their thug fans.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

... were the broncos high or drunk when they interviewed this guy? or both?

jebus, he had 40 yards of passing with one pick in 14 pass attempts.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
is joseph worse than mcdaniels?
Yes by quite a margin. As big a prick as McD was, at least he had the team ready to play most weeks. VJ on the other hand, had his team looking like high schoolers could beat them.

I'll be truly surprised if we lose out if he is retained. Clearly is in over his head at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad