OT: Other Sports aka #Broncos #SellRockiesSell #Nuggets

Status
Not open for further replies.

kl35ha

Oct 19, 2017
Man the nuggets are skitzo
Nuggets are a disappointment, look good one game the next game get kill...I really hate the Millsap and Plumlee (45mils combine; puke) signing and the Nurkic trade was just stupid. Not to mention Faried, what happens to him lol still getting pay like a boss tho at 12mils >_>

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Thanksgiving games were horrible. Just so damn slow. Minny/Detroit was only a good game with about 10 mins to play. Otherwise it was like watching paint dry.

avs1dacup

Jan 25, 2003
Denver, CO
Visit site
Horse shit call right there. May as well put flags on and play flag football with every little hit being called something these days. Good god.

Last edited:

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Yeah we are probably going to lose out.

The Dolphins and Colts are probably the only winnable ones left. Got a feeling the Jets are going to pound the living bejesus out of us which will be embarrassing.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Winning only hurts them at this point.

Got to think shoving an official will make the Raiders an even bigger target for penalties the rest of the year.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Hard to believe I'm so ambivalent about a loss to the Raiders but here we are.

I guess it could be worse. What in the living hell went down in Tennessee??? And how is a guy walking away with $20 million for doing absolutely NOTHING?

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Tank watch: FPI projects the Broncos picking 5th behind Cleveland, San Fran, Indy and the Giants. Cleveland is almost sure to take a QB at #1 and the Giants certainly ill be considering one.

Right now they are in three way tie for 4th with Indy and Chicago behind Cleveland, SF. There are 3 or 4 teams a game back depending on what the Texans do tonight (Cleveland owns their pick).

Forget Cleveland crawling out of that hole. There is no way they finish 3-2. However, the Texans losing could help as the higher their pick gets the odds that whomever is in charge of the Browns this spring will get cute again and try to draft a QB after #1.

The Niners have two winnable games coming up with Chicago and Houston.

The Giants have the Raiders, Cardinals and Redskins left

The Bears have the aforementioned Game versus the San Fran, Cleveland and Cincy coming up.

The Colts have a head to head versus the Broncos in 2 weeks and finish with the Texans

Honestly I think the Broncos could win any of the remaining 5 games. Miami, the Jets, the Colts and Skins are all 5 win teams or under and I wouldn't sleep on KCs ability to lose to bad teams this season (they lost to the Giants too). Fortunately the season finale looks like it will have meaning to the Chefs playoff chances/position.

Buffalo I could see as a trade up threat. They have soured on Tyrod Taylor, have an extra 1st from the Mahomes trade with the Chiefs (both teams could make or miss the playoffs) and extra second from the Rams from the Sammy Watkins trade.

However, Buffalo is also a threat for Cousins. As is the Bills project at $30 million in cap space and cutting Tyrod alone would open up another $9.4m or $13m in cap space. Cousins grew up and went to college in Michigan, so he can't be too adverse to Great Lakes ****holes.:sarcasm:

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Tank watch: FPI projects the Broncos picking 5th behind Cleveland, San Fran, Indy and the Giants. Cleveland is almost sure to take a QB at #1 and the Giants certainly ill be considering one.

Right now they are in three way tie for 4th with Indy and Chicago behind Cleveland, SF. There are 3 or 4 teams a game back depending on what the Texans do tonight (Cleveland owns their pick).

Forget Cleveland crawling out of that hole. There is no way they finish 3-2. However, the Texans losing could help as the higher their pick gets the odds that whomever is in charge of the Browns this spring will get cute again and try to draft a QB after #1.

The Niners have two winnable games coming up with Chicago and Houston.

The Giants have the Raiders, Cardinals and Redskins left

The Bears have the aforementioned Game versus the San Fran, Cleveland and Cincy coming up.

The Colts have a head to head versus the Broncos in 2 weeks and finish with the Texans

Honestly I think the Broncos could win any of the remaining 5 games. Miami, the Jets, the Colts and Skins are all 5 win teams or under and I wouldn't sleep on KCs ability to lose to bad teams this season (they lost to the Giants too). Fortunately the season finale looks like it will have meaning to the Chefs playoff chances/position.

Buffalo I could see as a trade up threat. They have soured on Tyrod Taylor, have an extra 1st from the Mahomes trade with the Chiefs (both teams could make or miss the playoffs) and extra second from the Rams from the Sammy Watkins trade.

However, Buffalo is also a threat for Cousins. As is the Bills project at $30 million in cap space and cutting Tyrod alone would open up another $9.4m or $13m in cap space. Cousins grew up and went to college in Michigan, so he can't be too adverse to Great Lakes ****holes.:sarcasm:

I don't think the Broncos will purposefully tank. They'll probably win 2-3 of these final games and pick 8th overall or something. They'll have to play better to win those games though. Washington and KC will probably be fighting for playoff spots, so those will be tough games. The Jets aren't very talented, but they're competitive. Dolphins and Colts stink.

As for the game, Lynch was pretty bad. I see why they didn't play him earlier.

And what is Talib's obsession with jewelry? He's such a punk sometimes. I'm not going to be one bit surprised to see stories about him in trouble with the law after his career is over.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Rosen and Lamar Jackson are going to be the top 2 QBs in this draft. Darnold is a top 5 pick if he comes out - that’s probably the only chance the Broncos have of getting a top QB.

Josh Allen and Baker Mayfield will be out there but the Broncos are desperate as hell if they draft either of them top 10. Mayfield is probably a #20-ish pick and Allen is probably a second rounder at this point.

I agree that we will probably beat the Dolphins and Colts. The Jets just play old style smash mouth though and I see them bullying the Broncos to a loss.

I still believe we end up with Eli, Cousins, Alex Smith or one of the Vikings QBs (Keenum/Bradford/Bridgewater). Broncos fans may not be ecstatic about that scenario but for all the pressures this team is under I don’t think you can enter camp next year with every QB under 3-4 years of experience.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
The way I see the Broncos QB options heading towards next year:

UFAs:
-Brees (not leaving New Orleans)
-Cousins (probably going to price himself out of Elway's comfort zone)
-Then you have the lower end UFAs of which the only somewhat useful ones are the Minnesota guys, but honestly none of those guys are any good. They look better than they are because of a stellar defense and good offensive line of which we have neither at the moment. If I had to pick one to go after I guess it would be Bradford.

Draft:
-Rosen (isn't happening we can't out tank Cleveland),
-Jackson (the guy is terrible, not interested in a run first QB, that is a complete moron. I fully buy into the whole you have to be smart to be a QB in the NFL, Jackson is a dumbass and is part of the reason why Louisville fell off the planet this year. I fully expect the next Terrelle Pyror.)
Darnold (may or may not come out, if he does he'd be worth the look as he might be available at #5ish)
-Mayfield (if you've learned anything over the past 20 years, don't draft QBs from Oklahoma. They all put up video game numbers in college only to flounder in the NFL. Exception is Bradford who has been OK at best during his career. Just stay away from this guy, history says he'll most likely fail)
-Allen (not worthy of a top 10 pick, of all the guys available I'd probably take a flyer on him over anyone else just due to his skill set, but to draft him that high is really desperate. And I hate to say it I also see a lot of Jay Cutler in this guy, hopefully he has a better attitude than Cutler)

Wildcard:
-Andrew Luck (Luck and ownership/management don't seem to be seeing eye to eye on his whole injury thing, if for any reason he wants out of Indy, Elway better be the first guy in line as he'd make us a Super Bowl caliber team almost instantly)

I realistically only see Kelly coming back next season, so I'm not sure what they'll do. Siemian and Oz will not be resigned and will probably catch on as backups elsewhere, and I think Lynch gets traded to get a fresh start as it's pretty clear that Elway doesn't have the patience to let Lynch play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad