OT: Other Sports aka #Broncos #SellRockiesSell #Nuggets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
... were the broncos high or drunk when they interviewed this guy? or both?

jebus, he had 40 yards of passing with one pick in 14 pass attempts.

That one pass he hit to the RB about 1-2 yards behind the line of scrimmage after scrambling 3 yards was really nice. Great spiral and ball placement.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Eli will be a jag next year

I kind of feel for Joseph somewhat - dude wasn’t really able to pick his own staff because Elway’s such a micromanager. I don’t think Joseph was ready for this spot when he first took over and I think he may even be a good coach someday but he’s gonna need some experience on the job for sure. Like 2-3 years worth. But Elway picking all of his assistants, cutting the defensive leader, and letting Wade go really has created a leadership vacuum on this team. Elway didn’t help out Joseph at all in setting him up for success and delegating power to Joseph, which any new leader needs to succeed.

The guy I really want to see gone is Matt Russell. Elway’s too chummy with his director of player personnel who has made bad decisions and probably had an enormous hand in talking Elway into hiring his former CU teammate Vance. The scouting dept on the college level is a disaster. I think Elway is Teflon Don right now without any ownership existing in the franchise, so force Elway to get rid of his player personnel guy. Russell is probably third highest on the food chain and likely is the top guy in day to day management.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
If Jimmy G actually pans out in these next few 49er games I could see Lynch striking a deal with his buddy Elway to let us move up.

We should all be hoping SF finds their guy these next few games. Not only will SF likely not move on a QB in the top 5, they also wouldn’t be going hard after Shanahan’s man Kirk Cousins.

Go Jimmy G!

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
If Jimmy G actually pans out in these next few 49er games I could see Lynch striking a deal with his buddy Elway to let us move up.

We should all be hoping SF finds their guy these next few games. Not only will SF likely not move on a QB in the top 5, they also wouldn’t be going hard after Shanahan’s man Kirk Cousins.

Go Jimmy G!
Whats the point of moving up, unless by some miracle Rosen is there? Darnold, maybe if he comes out. We need to stay the hell away from guys like Mayfield and Jackson (both going to bust hard, you heard it here months before the draft).

So basically there is no need to move up unless the Browns, Brown it up and don't take Rosen.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Go Jimmy G!

I've seen that mentioned by others as well and it's definitely an option if a team is desperate for a QB but it's going to be very tempting to pair Jimmy G with Saquon Barkley. They already have some nice building blocks on D and those two would be a great start on offense. I'm not a fan of taking RBs that high but Barkley looks like he could be special and he'd be perfect in Shanahan's offense.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
Whats the point of moving up, unless by some miracle Rosen is there? Darnold, maybe if he comes out. We need to stay the hell away from guys like Mayfield and Jackson (both going to bust hard, you heard it here months before the draft).

So basically there is no need to move up unless the Browns, Brown it up and don't take Rosen.

Darnold coming out is the only chance the Broncos really have of getting a top pro passer type QB. If Darnold doesn’t come out, I agree with ya - we are pretty screwed and must go the FA route.

I don’t like Mayfield in the top 10 (although some team might reach for him there like Mahomes last year. But I thought Mahomes actually deserved to go top 10. Mayfield does not.)

Agree with you somewhat on Lamar Jackson. I’m just not a fan of these spread kids because of the injuries. They can play - no doubts about that. And I think Lamar Jackson will flash some brilliance in the NFL. But you almost have to plan and acccount for them missing 1/4-1/2 of the seasons they play in. Deshaun Watson’s injury right now has essentially killed any hope for the Texans. If we took Lamar Jackson it’d be weird - Jackson might play great and then he gets injured and we go back to Siemian/Lynch? Yuck.

Josh Allen continues to be the guy I’m absolutely afraid of. He’s 6’5 with a great arm but his accuracy is kind of messy and he’s extremely inconsistent from the 4-5 Wyoming games I watched this year. He’s big, big arm, and raw. Kind of like - Brock Osweiler or Paxton Lynch? You’ll watch the majority of Allen’s games and say “this kid is a top 10 pick QB??” And then there will be a random throw every now and then (maybe 2-3 a game) that looks like Dan Marino threw the ball. It’ll be a perfect dart with so much power and accuracy that it looks like he knocked the wind out of the WR. It’s weird. And I’ve heard a lot of people say “well he plays with a horrible supporting cast up in WY”. That’s fine and somewhat legit but this guy was being talked about as the #1 pick in the draft at some points. If you can’t raise your team up around you to beat better competition then how’s he going to step into a Broncos or Browns situation and make them any better? At least Rosen took his teams above and beyond their capability at some points this year. That really hasn’t happened at Wyoming. I could see Elway taking this kid though and completely reaching. I think it would be a horrible horrible fail. Out of the 30 guys that will be selected in Round 1 I’m most afraid of Josh Allen.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle

Go Jimmy G!
They already spent their 2nd this year on a QB, there's no way they'll draft one with their 1st too.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
It was a 3rd on Beathard. I think they’ve already given up on him by trading for Jimmy G. If Jimmy G doesn’t pan out in this last half they could rule him out too.

They’re probably weeding out all of these guys right now to assess whether or not they’ve got to show Cousins the money.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Got to think Jax is the front runner.

Manning might have a solid season left in the tank, but he'd need to go to a team with a solid defense and good OL. If there's an OL in the league worse than Denver's, it's probably the Giants'. Manning would be better than any of the chumps the Broncos currently have at QB, but he would not likely be any more effective behind this OL than he has been behind his current OL.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Manning might have a solid season left in the tank, but he'd need to go to a team with a solid defense and good OL. If there's an OL in the league worse than Denver's, it's probably the Giants'. Manning would be better than any of the chumps the Broncos currently have at QB, but he would not likely be any more effective behind this OL than he has been behind his current OL.
It screws the Broncos from two ends. It ensures the Giants will be looking for a QB in the draft and kills the chances of them winning anymore games and they had what were two winnable versus the Cards and Redskins.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

bengals and seahawks have worse. fins, cards have solid case too.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Fat Lever's number has officially been retired by the Denver Nuggets, joining Alex English, David Thompson, Dan Issell, Dikembe Mutombo, and Byron Beck. Hopefully Ralph Simpson gets his turn soon.

The first of three new jerseys for the Pepsi Center's rafters this season. Milan Hedjuk for the Avs is next, followed by John Grant Jr for the Mammoth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad