OT: Other Sports 82

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Both Centrals are insanely winnable, and the Sox are definitely going to piss that away and the Cubs sure as hell better not piss that away. Assuming competency, which is admittedly a bridge too far for something owned by Reinsdorf, there should be October baseball in Chicago.

And on that note, watch the Cubs and Sox to combine to under 120 wins.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Both Centrals are insanely winnable, and the Sox are definitely going to piss that away and the Cubs sure as hell better not piss that away. Assuming competency, which is admittedly a bridge too far for something owned by Reinsdorf, there should be October baseball in Chicago.

And on that note, watch the Cubs and Sox to combine to under 120 wins.
They already did. They have 0 shot of winning it.

Okay, maybe not 0, but less than 2%.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Cubs still need a tor starter. I could see a Cease back to the Cubs deal for prospects.

Reactions: Crow

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

RIP

Two tours with Sox including pitching well in 93 ALCS as reliever

Much maligned in Chicago for being guy that Hawk traded Bobby Bonilla for. Bonilla went on to be star for Pirates while DeLeon was gone after a year and half in Chicago to St Louis in which he had his best years of career but also declined as player and moved to bullpen

Sox did salvage some good value in that trade with Cardinals getting CF Lance Johnson who would be reliable OF for White Sox thru early 90's

Sox after 2nd acquisition of Deleon would trade him again for reliever Jeff Shaw who they did not re-sign. Shaw went to Cincinatti and established himself as stud closer and finished his career with multiple AS appearances playing for Reds/Dodgers

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
What was the tweet?
Oh, weird

1709061963775.png

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Thompson hasn't shown much but Horn is 26 at this point and its either now or never for him IMO as prospect. If he isn't good enough to land spot on this shitty team he never is going to be anything

Odd to see Sox re-acquire him after trading him away when he was more highly viewed as prospect at time

Overall, very meh with slightly better odds of being a win for Sox at this point

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Good lord.....

The Cubs needed a roster spot and traded away a guy who will probably be in the Sox bullpen this year and got nothing back in return.

This was a win for the white Sox. Every team in baseball has 23 year olds in their system who throw 97 and can't pitch.

Unless the Cubs can turn Thompsons career into a positive instead of a meh, don't know why anybody could think this isn't a win for the Sox while the win for the Cubs is a roster spot for Belli.

(Shakes head)

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
I feel like a Brown/Triantos/Palencia would be fair for Cease.
If that was a legit offer for Cease, Getz would have said yes, hung up the phone, then thru it in the nearest lake.

Dylan Cease and two years of control don't net two top ten prospects off a teams prospect charts. And the Cubs over slotted Triantos for a reason. I highly doubt he's avaliable in trade talks unless your offering something of considerable value in return. That's not Dylan Cease.

bwanajamba

Apr 18, 2019
Obviously you can't really put any stock in spring training but Brennen Davis has been putting some really nice swings on the ball, and I would feel so good for that dude to scrap even a semblance of a major league career together after all the rotten injury luck he had.

Reactions: hawksrule

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Let's see...White Sox 1-5...Dodgers 5-1 in Caruso League so far...seems about as expected.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Obviously you can't really put any stock in spring training but Brennen Davis has been putting some really nice swings on the ball, and I would feel so good for that dude to scrap even a semblance of a major league career together after all the rotten injury luck he had.
And now Brennan is in the Concussion Protocol.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Jordan Wick is going to be a rock solid number 3 one day.

You gotta love it. The Cubs have potentially three leftys who can dominate starts.

Anything less then 100 wins for this team will be a disappointment.

Brennan Davis is a bust. Has all the talent to be the next McCutchen but is as fragile as eggshell. He will never be a major leaguer on the Cubs and isn't even a highly regarded prospect any more. Cubs need to cut him and be done with it.

Last edited:

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Illinois loses another game vs a highly ranked opponent.

They always seem to come up short one way or another. Year after year. Been a LONG time since the last time U of I went on a legit tournament run.

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
Idk who else follows UFC here, I’m really not much for the TMZ/WWE stuff, but after everything and getting into it I have to admit myself as a huge Dustin Poirier guy — super excited for his fight tonight. Also song yadong is NASTY

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad