OT: Other Sports 82

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
The Cubs are a brand name and destination spot at this point. That WS bought them decades of future support no matter what. Wrigleyville has changed so much in the last 8 years alone. It's difficult not to get the impression that winning is an afterthought for ownership and that would check me right the f*** out of my fandom as well.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Lol @ 57mm operating profit on revenue of 451mm and player costs of $174mm. We’re supposed to believe that the Cubs had more than $200 million in nonplayer costs?

Reactions: TLEH and Pez68

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Good deal for both. No one was signing him long term off a 1 year bounce back. Now he can reenter FA next year completely unrestricted.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Glad to see, low risk and very needed.

I assume this means PCA will start in AAA, which I think he needs a bit more of anyway.

Elvis P

Pretzel Logic
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
... But in any event, I'm not sure which expensive free agent QB was available that they passed on?
All of them in the SB era.

Good deal for both. No one was signing him long term off a 1 year bounce back. Now he can reenter FA next year completely unrestricted.
Agreed. I think he'll hit at least an .830 OPS, but if he reverts to his last 3 years in LA we're not locked into a huge long term deal.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I worked in the manufacturing industry a bit out of college. We got better quality fishing blanks from China than a lot of other places. Its honestly just Fanatics sucks.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
I just want to point out;

Nico, Dansby, Belli, Happ, are all gold gloves.

Suzuki is above average defensively when there isn't flyballs hit towards him in important games and PCA is considered the best defensive outfield prospect in some time while Amaya is highly thought of defensively behind the plate.

The only weak spot being Morel who should be a DH.

The central is the Cubs to take.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
I just want to point out;

Nico, Dansby, Belli, Happ, are all gold gloves.

Suzuki is above average defensively when there isn't flyballs hit towards him in important games and PCA is considered the best defensive outfield prospect in some time while Amaya is highly thought of defensively behind the plate.

The only weak spot being Morel who should be a DH.

The central is the Cubs to take.
I’m a Cubs fan. Don’t make me hate the Cubs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad