Other LA Sports: Dodgers, Angels, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, USC, UCLA, Fantasy, MMA etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Sean McVay won coach of the year at tonight's NFL awards but the best part of his speech was the cut away to his girlfriend. Very nice.

200w.gif

Reactions: Ziggy Stardust

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I hope someone gave Chris Collinworth a hug after the Eagle won the Superbowl. Man he was such a Patriots homer during the game!

"Can't wait til they over turn this call." - Collinsworth on Eagles Touchdown

Last edited:

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
He said he can’t wait until they change the rule due to it being more subjective than goalie interference in the NHL.

That was a great game from start to finish. Very entertaining.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
He said he can’t wait until they change the rule due to it being more subjective than goalie interference in the NHL.

That was a great game from start to finish. Very entertaining.

If they had overturned that TD and Philly had lost, Philly is still burning right now with no hope of containment.:nod:

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
Chargers and Rams both had good years in 2017.

So their first meeting as crosstown rivals is my pick for the first regular Sunday Night Football game (not the kickoff game which will be hosted the preceding Thursday by the Eagles) of the 2018 NFL season. Why make America (and both teams' fans, by extension) wait any longer for the first all-LA NFL game in 24 years?

Fellow Comcast property USA can air programming that day celebrating the football history of the LA area, which NFL Network would have a hand in producing. After all, we here love LA - We Love It!

kingsholygrail

Banana Split 1-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Chargers and Rams both had good years in 2017.

So their first meeting as crosstown rivals is my pick for the first regular Sunday Night Football game (not the kickoff game which will be hosted the preceding Thursday by the Eagles) of the 2018 NFL season. Why make America (and both teams' fans, by extension) wait any longer for the first all-LA NFL game in 24 years?

Fellow Comcast property USA can air programming that day celebrating the football history of the LA area, which NFL Network would have a hand in producing. After all, we here love LA - We Love It!
There's a part of me that makes me think they want to save it for the new stadium.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Reactions: kingsholygrail

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005
LiAngelo wasn't going to start at UCLA and is not considered an NBA talent. He won't be drafted. There is not one NBA team out there that is going to sign him just so they can appease his father, and then have to deal with Lavar all the time when they don't use him. Like many other things Lavar has said, this will be forgotten in time. Lakers own Lonzo rights for another 4 seasons. By that time he will be his own man and will make his own decisions.

Reactions: Ziggy Stardust

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
LiAngelo wasn't going to start at UCLA and is not considered an NBA talent. He won't be drafted. There is not one NBA team out there that is going to sign him just so they can appease his father, and then have to deal with Lavar all the time when they don't use him. Like many other things Lavar has said, this will be forgotten in time. Lakers own Lonzo rights for another 4 seasons. By that time he will be his own man and will make his own decisions.

He doesn't looks like he can decide which meal to choose at McDonalds without his dad. Lavar has done a great job at messing up his other kids bb careers, especially the kid that was in high school.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Darvish did choke in the WS, no doubt about it but he is still a really quality add to the Cubs rotation.

In the yearly arms with these two teams I think the Cubs getting him from the Dodgers tips things very slightly back in the Cubs favor but really both teams should cruise and alot can happen at the deadline.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Yu Darvish signs with the Cubs.
Live updates: Cubs announce Yu Darvish as newest member

Wonder if he'll choke under pressure, again.

I still do not get this "choking" narrative about Darvish. He was dominant in the NLDS and NLCS. There's certainly pressure in those games. There's no disputing that he got knocked around in the World Series, where the Astros admitted to knowing what he was going to throw:

"Now it can be told: Yu Darvish was tipping his pitches in losing his two World Series starts against Houston.

According to a Houston player, the Astros often knew what Darvish was about to throw by the way he brought the ball into his glove in the set position. (Darvish pitches exclusively out of the stretch.) The player said it worked like this: Darvish holds the ball at his side when he gets the sign from the catcher. Whether he re-grips or not as he brings the ball into his glove was the tip-off whether he was going to throw a slider/cutter or a fastball.

'We knew the first time we faced him [in Game 3],' the player said. 'The next time [in Game 7] it was mostly the same, but then it was more about just having a great game plan going in. We knew he was going to try to go back to his slider to find it. We had a great approach.'" Stanton's pursuit of 'crazy numbers,' Darvish tipping pitches and more

That's not "choking"; that's needing to make a mechanical adjustment. I think Dodgers fans are going to be sorry for wishing Darvish away.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Sorry, but being so shitty that the other team knows what you're going to do before you do it 100% of the time and costing your team the world series... call it whatever you want. If Darvish had any clue how to fix it, I doubt he'd have kept selling himself out.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Hell, seems like everyone was in on Darvish and how much he struggles in the early stages of a game.

For the same two minutes every game, Yu Darvish is an awful pitcher

And he kept throwing the same damn pitch, and the Astros decimated him. Couldn't even last two innings in two starts in the World Series. It's hard to erase that from your memory. Like McSorley's stick, it's a moment that will remain in infamy, all due to poor judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad