Other LA Sports: Dodgers, Angels, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, USC, UCLA, Fantasy, MMA etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsholygrail

Fastest Series Loss 0-1
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Getting a ring for second place...
U4rYV5C.png

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Okay, I was rooting for Sister Jean and Loyola, but kinda glad they don't have to face the meat grinder that is Villanova.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Not sure if any of you saw Yu Darvish's first outing with the Cubs, but he continued on his early tradition of giving up runs in the first inning and only lasted four innings, boasting a 10.38 ERA. The Cubs did manage to win the game though.

It's still early, but the Dodgers rotation has been very stingy thus far, and Ryu is set to pitch tonight against the D-bags. Hopefully they can manage to stay healthy throughout the season, but when does that ever happen in a 162-game schedule?

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Not sure if any of you saw Yu Darvish's first outing with the Cubs, but he continued on his early tradition of giving up runs in the first inning and only lasted four innings, boasting a 10.38 ERA. The Cubs did manage to win the game though.

It's still early, but the Dodgers rotation has been very stingy thus far, and Ryu is set to pitch tonight against the D-bags. Hopefully they can manage to stay healthy throughout the season, but when does that ever happen in a 162-game schedule?

They aren't banking on that, they are hoping the current 5 can make 125-130 starts (last year they made 126), and Font, Stripling, Stewart, Buehler and someone they acquire at the deadline will pickup the rest.

Reactions: Chazz Reinhold

Winger23

May 3, 2007

Ryu can go suck an egg as far as I'm concerned. He refused to help them in the bullpen in the playoffs. Talk about a selfish player. Main reason why I hate Kemp too.

Maeda is the guy I'm pulling for, not only did he accept the bullpen role he embraced it and excelled...

Reactions: Ziggy Stardust

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Ryu can go suck an egg as far as I'm concerned. He refused to help them in the bullpen in the playoffs. Talk about a selfish player. Main reason why I hate Kemp too.

Maeda is the guy I'm pulling for, not only did he accept the bullpen role he embraced it and excelled...

Refused? Do you have any support for this notion? My recollection is that the team didn't want him in the bullpen because of his two serious shoulder surgeries and the extensive amount of time it takes him to get loose to pitch, which is not conducive to someone pitching out of the bullpen.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Refused? Do you have any support for this notion? My recollection is that the team didn't want him in the bullpen because of his two serious shoulder surgeries and the extensive amount of time it takes him to get loose to pitch, which is not conducive to someone pitching out of the bullpen.

I'll do some digging, but it was my recollection he was asked to and said no. If I'm wrong I will definately apologize for misinformation...will try and research when I have a bit more time later tonight.

Edit: cant figure out how to link on this new phone I have, but here is a quote from roberts from an espn article:

"Although he's had a tremendous season, just seeing the role out of the pen, he's not comfortable with it," Roberts said. "So I think that as we go through matchups and looking at the roster, Alex is the clear choice to start Game 4."

I know that quote didn't directly say he refused it so I probably should have refrained from using the word refused and said preferred not to.

Maybe I'm old fashion but like to see I'll do whatever it takes to help the team win.

Last edited:

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Well, Ohtani has had an impressive start. Solid in his first pitching appearance and 4 hits in his first 9 at bats. I think there will be a lot of adjusting for him this year, but the kids a talent to be sure.

Reactions: KingTrouty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad