Other LA Sports: Dodgers, Angels, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, USC, UCLA, Fantasy, MMA etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
First I think they only shed about half of that 50 million as Kemp is over 20 million if I'm not mistaken. Culberson imo is a huge loss, the guy can really pick it and has a decent bat. Could have easily taken over 2nd base.

I'm waiting to see the other moves before passing judgement, but **** Kemp and his LA bashing. I really hope he gets flipped to a team that sucks ass. God knows he won't accept a platoon role, he's already made that clear before he left. Don't need this cancer in what is currently a good locker room.

Here's some analysis of the move and the money situation going forward: Dodgers are now ~$21 million under luxury tax, but more needed to make a 2018 splash - Dodgers Digest

Dodgers Trade Debt to Braves in Exchange for Debt | FanGraphs Baseball

The Dodgers Are Bringing NBA-Style Trades to MLB

And Culberson sucks. Let's be honest. He's had some good moments with the Dodgers, but he's nothing more than a utility player without a bat.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Here's some analysis of the move and the money situation going forward: Dodgers are now ~$21 million under luxury tax, but more needed to make a 2018 splash - Dodgers Digest

Dodgers Trade Debt to Braves in Exchange for Debt | FanGraphs Baseball

The Dodgers Are Bringing NBA-Style Trades to MLB

And Culberson sucks. Let's be honest. He's had some good moments with the Dodgers, but he's nothing more than a utility player without a bat.

Thx for the links. I was hoping when I had made the post they were flipping Kemp. To be clear I'm ecstatic they moved all the players they did, except culberson. Let's see how he does with a ton more playing time before designating him as just a utility player. His bat is better than you may think if he gets to play more. Time will tell. He's better than forsythe and utley imo.

Last edited:

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
DRWu9d1U8AAuW9c

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Sad to hear Dick Enberg passed away at the age of 82. Very underrated play-by-play announcer. I think if he had stuck with a single team and sport throughout his career he would have had as big an impact on that team's fan base as Bob or Chick had with their teams.

Reactions: 21Dog

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
What a pathetic performance by PAC-12 schools in the bowl games going 1-7. Sets a record for the worst ever performance by a Big 5 conference in bowl games. The best college football is being played in the SEC and in the Big 10. Top to bottom the Big 10 was the best conference in America this past season.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
What a pathetic performance by PAC-12 schools in the bowl games going 1-7. Sets a record for the worst ever performance by a Big 5 conference in bowl games. The best college football is being played in the SEC and in the Big 10. Top to bottom the Big 10 was the best conference in America this past season.

The defensive issues in the Pac12 are just so massive. It clearly was not high powered offenses that were to blame for so many of those high scoring shootouts this season.

And I hate to say it but I'm pretty damn nervous right now at the thought of getting Darnold with the #2 pick if I'm a Giants fan. Although knowing the Browns they will take Darnold and leave Rosen to have a Hall of Fame career in NY.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The defensive issues in the Pac12 are just so massive. It clearly was not high powered offenses that were to blame for so many of those high scoring shootouts this season.

And I hate to say it but I'm pretty damn nervous right now at the thought of getting Darnold with the #2 pick if I'm a Giants fan. Although knowing the Browns they will take Darnold and leave Rosen to have a Hall of Fame career in NY.
I wouldn't take either Darnold or Rosen with the 1st overall pick if I was the Browns GM.

Darnold, at least to me, clearly isn't ready. He was a turnover machine this last season. Some team drafting in the top five is going to get an amazing running back in the kid out of Penn State, Saquon Barkley. The Browns should give him serious consideration. At 5-11 and 230 lbs. Barley is a prototypical every down NFL running back.

Watching the Orange Bowl right now, and man that's a lot of beef up front on the Wisconsin offensive line.

I think you're right about PAC-12 defenses. Being an ASU fan I have been waiting for someone to teach them how to tackle during the entire Graham era. Maybe Herm Edwards will have better luck.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
UCF giving Auburn all they can handle in the Peach Bowl. UCF trying to complete an undefeated 13-0 season.

...and UCF wins it. Nebraska is getting a good head coach in Scott Frost.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->