Other LA Sports: Dodgers, Angels, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, USC, UCLA, Fantasy, MMA etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
It’s okay guys, their payroll is only close to $300 million. A shame that this season and the World Series was flushed away with such a horrendous decision by Roberts to start a mentally fragile pitcher.
It’s okay guys, their payroll is only close to $300 million. A shame that this season and the World Series was flushed away with such a horrendous decision by Roberts to start a mentally fragile pitcher.

3 of the top 4 players in salary are homegrown. So it's not like we were out there buying players.

kingsholygrail

Predictable 1-2
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Payroll numbers don't really mean anything given how much single players tend to skew the numbers. Houston wasn't exactly moneyballing it.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Every time my team loses in the playoffs, I try to look for another one of my team's schedule to see when they will be playing that same city. Then I forgot Houston doesn't have an NHL team. So a Rams victory against the Texans on the 12th would make me feel a bit better.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
These were the two best teams in baseball this year, Houston brought it in game 7, the Dodgers didn't.

Neither of these teams particularly excel at small ball, so whoever went cold was going to be in trouble.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Dang kinda feel bad for Dodger fans. Might be awhile til another world series comes along. Wow.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Dang kinda feel bad for Dodger fans. Might be awhile til another world series comes along. Wow.

Given that the last one was almost 30 years ago and this is the closest they’ve gotten since then, I’d say you’re right. I don’t know if it’ll reach Cubs/Red Sox levels of a championship drought, but it’s not going to be easy for this team to replicate the same success they just had.

The Astros only had to be better in two innings. This game was decided by Darvish, who gave up all runs. What a magnificent acquisition and decision.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Damn I was working the Sharks game and heard the final score. Everyone in the arena loved that. Thought this was finally the year. This sucks

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Heaven_Can_Wait-1978-MSS-8159.jpg
Okay so what's next for LA sports dreams? Don't even need to dream about the NBA Finals. Warriors aren't losing any time soon. Stanley Cup? Doable but unlikely. Dare I say it...Rams in Super Bowl?!?!?!?!?! 5-2 is looking great. But yeah, let's talk about finishing over .500 first.
Yes, in the miracle of all miracles this man will lead the LA Rams to a super Bowl championship.

Heaven_Can_Wait-1978-MSS-8159.jpg

Feb 24, 2017
Hey fellas, I figure this is the place on this site where we love Lonzo and Big Baller Brand! First 2x3 and youngest ever to do it.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Hey fellas, I figure this is the place on this site where we love Lonzo and Big Baller Brand! First 2x3 and youngest ever to do it.

BBB so many acronyms for this. I can't stand the Balls too. From the Father to the criminal, to the youngest Ball. Regarding Lonzo he's been very much a disappointment aside from a few good games. However, I'm not gonna call him a bust yet and gonna give him time to develop I think he has promise. But man I sort of feel bad for this Kid he has to deal with his mom's stroke, his loudmouth father to his idiot brother and all the expectations Magic and the Dumb Lakers put on him. You can take only so much as a young man. No one has said it but his family has definitely in my opinion affected his play on the court. Lets hope he pans out cuz this is gonna be one of the biggest BUSTS of all time if he doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad