Other LA Sports: Dodgers, Angels, Lakers, Clippers, Rams, USC, UCLA, Fantasy, MMA etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Analysis | Lonzo Ball’s passing ability isn’t enough to overcome his historically bad shooting
His 30.9 percent from the field, if it doesn’t improve, would be the fifth-worst performance by a rookie since 1979, the year the NBA adopted the three-point line. As a spot-up shooter, he is below average, hitting 12 of 50 (24.0 percent) attempts; only Marcus Smart and T.J. Warren are worse on these possessions this season. In transition, Ball is producing 0.565 points per possession, placing him 65th out of 66 guards with at least 50 possessions in transition. And among the 35 players with at least 100 possessions as the ballhandler on the pick-and-roll, no one produces fewer points per possession than Ball does (0.577). To add insult to injury, no one has a higher turnover rate (23.1 percent), either.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
So Clemson, Georgia, Oklahoma, and Alabama...those probably are the best 4 teams in the country. Still it would have been nice to see Wisconsin knock off Ohio State to earn a spot in the final four.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Lonzo with another embarrassing shooting performance. Can they send him back to college?

It's absolutely mind boggling how bad he his some nights. Gets his occasional okay game from time to time and then just craps the bed for like 6 straight games like tonight. It is pretty cringe worthy. Yikes.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
Can the Ball brothers even spell Lithuania? Their dad has wrecked their bball careers for his own gain.

He gets the worst dad of the year award by far. His kids had a chance to get a great education and instead wants them to go play for free in some unknown part of the world? What a joke.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
"He threw 48 sliders and cutters to Houston hitters in the World Series. They swung and missed only twice at them while hitting .556 against the pitch."

How the hell didn't anyone on the Dodgers notice this. IDIOTS!!!!

I'm sorry, but this is all on darvish. He's suppose to be a pro, and he already got warned ahead of time he was doing it in Texas. Bottom line, he choked. Do not want back.

Reactions: 21Dog

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
"He threw 48 sliders and cutters to Houston hitters in the World Series. They swung and missed only twice at them while hitting .556 against the pitch."

How the hell didn't anyone on the Dodgers notice this. IDIOTS!!!!

They did know. Dodgers respond to anonymous Astros player's claim that Yu Darvish tipped his pitches

Both Roberts and general manager Farhan Zaidi acknowledged there was internal concern about Darvish giving away his pitch selection. Roberts indicated he “wasn’t surprised” by the story.

“We had conversations about that with Yu, trying to kind of pin it down,” Roberts said. “Obviously, we weren't successful. I think that's there's something to that but there's also a lot more, for me, to execution.”

[Zaidi] “That time of year, you’re super-diligent about everything. We had plenty of people — our hitters watching video — trying to figure out if there was anything there. I don’t want to get into more detail than that about it, but it was certainly on the radar.”

It was on Yu to execute.

Reactions: Ziggy Stardust

Dawdler

Run to the Hills!!
Aug 2, 2005
how about adding that they got rid of dead weight Agon, McCarthy, Kazmir and shed 50 Million this year. the only loss would be Culberson but hey I understand the shtick of most posters here is to be total negative nelly's

Reactions: Chazz Reinhold

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
how about adding that they got rid of dead weight Agon, McCarthy, Kazmir and shed 50 Million this year. the only loss would be Culberson but hey I understand the shtick of most posters here is to be total negative nelly's

I could be wrong but this seems to be the set up of a big trade... Kemp while not the same player could give us much needed right handed power to a left handed dominated lineup...
Think of a package with;
Alex Verdugo
Yadier Alvarez
Brock Stewart
Mitchell White
Yasmani Grandal
Joc Pederson
for say
Manny Machado, then LA could move Seager to 2B to avoid the back problems he's been experiencing
Zach Britton

Winger23

May 3, 2007

First I think they only shed about half of that 50 million as Kemp is over 20 million if I'm not mistaken. Culberson imo is a huge loss, the guy can really pick it and has a decent bat. Could have easily taken over 2nd base.

I'm waiting to see the other moves before passing judgement, but f*** Kemp and his LA bashing. I really hope he gets flipped to a team that sucks ass. God knows he won't accept a platoon role, he's already made that clear before he left. Don't need this cancer in what is currently a good locker room.

Reactions: The Night King

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
Dodgers are supposedly already shopping Kemp. I'd be shocked if he wears his LA gear again. This wasn't a baseball trade. It was about getting under the luxury tax threshold and having cash available for 2018 free agency.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Dodgers are supposedly already shopping Kemp. I'd be shocked if he wears his LA gear again. This wasn't a baseball trade. It was about getting under the luxury tax threshold and having cash available for 2018 free agency.
Giancarlo to Yankees means Dodgers can go in for Harper with one less competitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->