Other Chicago & General Sports Thread LIV: Cubs clinch the NL Central!

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
I think Portis will eventually be fine and be a starter, or at least play significant minutes. Aside from Markkanen, he and Lavine are the youngest players probably to make the final roster. He was SEC POY. He had talent and still does. But right now he's playing overly excitable. Rushing everything and yet still over thinking.

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
He's just weird, man.
I don't know why you'd say that.
Screen-Shot-2015-06-29-at-3.19.06-PM.png

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
So, state of Chicago teams....

Cubs - excellent
Hawks - lot of questions, but probably still at least good if not better
Sox - not good, but bright future
Bears - not good, questionable future
Bulls - might as well be run by a random decision generator

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Not enough to get Moncada and Kopech, his career has to go down in flames too. :laugh:
i wouldn't won't wish for his career. only his performance and his team bombing in the playoff. that would be the best evil for his team, b/c they traded for him for the playoff.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Not enough to get Moncada and Kopech, his career has to go down in flames too. :laugh:

I'm not rooting against Sale. I appreciate what he did here and hope he wins a World Series someday.

That said, he does seem to have a tired arm near the end of most seasons. And this year the Red Sox seemed to ride him harder than the White Sox usually did (3oo k's and all), so I don't think there's too many surprised White Sox fans.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
Not rooting against Sale but he did always seem like a jag

Plus I have no desire to see the Red Sox succeed

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I hear ya guys, was just funny, at least you can root for Q to get a ring, plenty of room on the bandwagon, hop aboard friends.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I'm not rooting against Sale. I appreciate what he did here and hope he wins a World Series someday.

That said, he does seem to have a tired arm near the end of most seasons. And this year the Red Sox seemed to ride him harder than the White Sox usually did (3oo k's and all), so I don't think there's too many surprised White Sox fans.
what he set in motion was complete mix feelings for him. i know that i would not want harm or for an injury. aside from that, his whole bs for the A. Laroche incident and the final outburst on the jersey. too much orchestrated bs was the final straw.

nah, i am not a fan of his, as i said, i wish no harm, but now i will cheer against him in the playoff and the team he pitches for.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I hear ya guys, was just funny, at least you can root for Q to get a ring, plenty of room on the bandwagon, hop aboard friends.
as much as i hate dislike the sCrubs, i can cheer for Q to have success. even if it mean that they will win another WS ring. Q was a quiet soldier .... even after he was traded, not a single harsh word against the sox org.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
as much as i hate dislike the sCrubs, i can cheer for Q to have success. even if it mean that they will win another WS ring. Q was a quiet soldier .... even after he was traded, not a single harsh word against the sox org.

For sure, he really is everything you'd want in a player, very happy to have him and glad you guys are happy with your end of the deal. I had fun watching the Sox win when they did, was a great team and you guys stuck it to Clemens.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I have a reason to root for the Cubs. I bet on them to win the WS when I was in Vegas. I liked the odds, and I bet with my head, not my heart. That said, I wish I had dumped cash on the Tribe instead. They were 7-1 at the time. It's really getting hard to imagine anyone beating them in a series. But weird things happen in baseball.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
I think the NL is a lot more wide open than the pundits think. It seems like they are heavily favoring one of the Dodgers or the Nationals, well more the Nationals from what I've seen.

Then again, the playoffs are random by nature. So, like, that pretty much means nothing, haha.

Reactions: Illinihockey

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I think the NL is a lot more wide open than the pundits think. It seems like they are heavily favoring one of the Dodgers or the Nationals, well more the Nationals from what I've seen.
The American League is open because both the Astros and Cleveland are so good. Who know which teams wins? The NL is open because all their teams are flawed. This makes it for an exciting playoffs.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC

Yep ... what was Boston thinking? Sale was obviously tiring in September. Sale is not the biggest guy in the world. With all those strikeouts / innings, he was bound to tire. I know they had to fend off the Yankees, but you can tell Sale is running on low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad