Other AZ Sports Thread 7: Sun Devils, Suns, Lumberjacks, Cardinals, Dbacks, Rattlers, Wildcats, etc.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Holy. f***.

This was one of the best ever defensive performances by a Sun Devils team.

EVER.

I’ve never seen anything like this from ASU since before the Erickson era.

They held UW to ZERO offensive TD’s. ZERO.

ASU’s PR head

Last edited:

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
September 5: Brandon Pfaadt was 1-8 with a 6.27 ERA. Seven weeks later, he's starting in Game 7 of the NLCS.

And DBacks fans couldn't be happier.
I remember snagging him in one of my dynasty leagues earlier this season only to drop him after his slow start. Pumped that he's doing big things now on the biggest of stages. LETS GO DBACKS!

Reactions: Summer Rose

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Regardless of what happens tonight, with guys like Carroll, Moreno, Thomas, Lawlar and Pfaadt, it's an exciting time to be a fan. Hopefully we can lock a few of those guys up to deals like Carroll's.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I hope we hold onto Walker and Perdomo, too.

I like Perdomo, but I am curious what the plan with him is long term. 3B maybe? Marte at 2nd and Lawlar is and will be a SS.

Also since we're on the topic of guys to sign, I like Gurriel as the third OF. Druw Jones is still a little ways away. I don't know where McCarthy is at these days, but even still, Gurriel would be a good platoon guy as the third OF, and he's a righty bat. And personally I don't like Pham.

Reactions: Summer Rose

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I like Perdomo, but I am curious what the plan with him is long term. 3B maybe? Marte at 2nd and Lawlar is and will be a SS.

Well, Longo isn't long (hah!) for the team, so 3rd will be open. If we keep Walker, I'd think Rivera will platoon between 3rd and 1st; Perdomo can play 2nd, SS, and 3rd; I don't know if we keep Jace Peterson unless he's just an off-the-bench guy. I think Perdomo is ahead of Lawlar on the depth chart for the next year or two, but if Lawlar progresses fast enough, we could end up dealing Marte and putting Perdomo at 2nd.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Well, Longo isn't long (hah!) for the team, so 3rd will be open. If we keep Walker, I'd think Rivera will platoon between 3rd and 1st; Perdomo can play 2nd, SS, and 3rd; I don't know if we keep Jace Peterson unless he's just an off-the-bench guy. I think Perdomo is ahead of Lawlar on the depth chart for the next year or two, but if Lawlar progresses fast enough, we could end up dealing Marte and putting Perdomo at 2nd.

Peterson is hopefully gone, he has not been good since coming here. I wouldn't mind bringing Longo back one more year. I like him and his presence in the clubhouse.

It'll for sure be interesting, I think we'll see a lot of Lawlar next year. He did very well in Reno this year.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Peterson is hopefully gone, he has not been good since coming here. I wouldn't mind bringing Longo back one more year. I like him and his presence in the clubhouse.

It'll for sure be interesting, I think we'll see a lot of Lawlar next year. He did very well in Reno this year.

Always an option to platoon the guys between their infield position and DH, too. But Perdomo is an All-Star - can't imagine him losing his starting spot in the near term.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
What a day for Phoenix! Congrats to the Diamondbacks for winning the NL Pennant. Last team in the playoffs and won both game in Philly down 3-2 after the Phillies were undefeated at home this postseason. Hope they can keep it going. Suns started off their season with a win over the Warriors too.

Naych_PHX

Hey now!
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
I'm a homer through and through, I don't support any teams outside Az except for the Browns and Bills. CBJ too but those are on the backburners.
The Dbacks are a feeling, Torey is a hell of a manager and I wish Monty Williams was like that. All you have to do is get in, let the players speak for themselves. My first sport I loved was baseball, hockey took over but I love the small ball of baseball. Texas, watch out. Scherzer will be fired up as always.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
600 bucks gets you in the door.
Who's going?

Screenshot_20231026-052300.png

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
600 bucks gets you in the door.
Who's going?

View attachment 758054

I'm actually going to be listening to the Series on the radio for a few reasons. First, I dropped YouTube TV and I can't get OTA signals where I live (damned butte), so I don't get FOX. Second, Greg Schulte is retiring this year and I want one last chance to hear the Golden Voice do what he does best. It'd be amazing if he could top off his career with another legendary winning call.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad