Other AZ Sports Thread 7: Sun Devils, Suns, Lumberjacks, Cardinals, Dbacks, Rattlers, Wildcats, etc.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
The real challenge starts now, but man this has been fun

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Congrats. What an amazing postseason that you guys are having so far. Beat 2 division winners convincingly. Think you've led 35 out of 36 innings this postseason? Crazy.

Last edited:
Reactions: moosemeister

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Wow. I did not realize the game was in town tonight. Explains why traffic was worse than normal on my way home. I almost purchased GNR tickets too. I purchased a lot of Corbin Carroll rookies earlier this year.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Living here for 38 years has made me the worse fan. Even in the 9th, I figured there'd be some epic choke followed by two losses, because Arizona. Nope. Feels good!

Check out Philly fans trolling Atlanta's annoying tomahawk chop when you get a chance.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Living here for 38 years has made me the worse fan. Even in the 9th, I figured there'd be some epic choke followed by two losses, because Arizona. Nope. Feels good!

Check out Philly fans trolling Atlanta's annoying tomahawk chop when you get a chance.
As a Florida Gator, I gleefully will.

Also, I donned a dbacks t-shirt and grabbed my broom, to walk over to downtown Chandler to get some high fives. Cool moment.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
This team is hot. That wasn't even close. Bats were a bit silent outside of that monster inning, but sometimes that's all you need.

Easy for me to say as a couch cowboy, but I was a little dissapointed in the fans. I thought for sure in the 9th they would have been on their feet for the entire inning. Or louder going out of the 8th and carrying that over into the start of the 9th.

Wasn't sure if it was my phone, but felt like TBS kept dropping a bit, and the noise level reduced. But regardless, the fans did show up. Onto the next series.

Oh, and I think it was Tom that brought it up, the Phillies fans doing the Braves chop chant, hilarious. I remember the video of them mocking Kimbrell(pitcher who looks like a bird getting the sign). I read someone mentioned he has to do that because of some kind of surgery or something, but nonetheless, Phillies fans are ruthless.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
That run of four consecutive homers was the craziest thing I've seen in a long time. The best part was after they had to go to review to call that foul ball, and then on the next pitch... BOOM.

I'm not a huge fan or practitioner of schadenfreude but when it comes to the Dodgers and Kings I'm as bitter and crusty as the next sad troll, and watching the D'Backs absolutely crush the spirit out of the boys in blue was <chef's kiss>.

Dirty Old Man

Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
That run of four consecutive homers was the craziest thing I've seen in a long time. The best part was after they had to go to review to call that foul ball, and then on the next pitch... BOOM.
And the "oh, ffs" look on Lance Lynn's face for that 4th one :laugh:

edit: it's a shame Bob Costas blew the name on the call of that, which he did later correct, because that was epic: "so Christian Walker (it was Gabriel Moreno) has that home run erased....*crack*...and then hits the next pitch TO THE MOON!"

Last edited:
Reactions: Summer Rose

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think the most exciting part about this run so far is that Carroll, Moreno and Thomas seem to have elevated their games so far. Love to see that from the kids. Even Pfaadt has had some good outings (even if short). Add Lawlar to the mix next season, this is gonna be a fun team to watch for a while. Hopefully they can get these guys locked up long term like the Braves have done with their core.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I dunno, man, they need to wrap Moreno in bubble wrap. Kid's getting injured every game now.

Luckily nothing serious so far. No concussion in the WC series, no broken bones last night. He'll have a few days to get totally healthy and barring any more freak injuries he's good to go. Lesson learned though to keep your hand behind your leg when you're catching.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
Rooting for the DBacks this postseason but man, Philly looks like a wagon right now. I'll be interested to see how Arizona fairs at the Bank.

Dirty Old Man

Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Rooting for the DBacks this postseason but man, Philly looks like a wagon right now. I'll be interested to see how Arizona fairs at the Bank.
Yeah, it's true. But even if the Dbacks turn into a pumpkin in the NLCS, if they can stay together they might be good for a while...which breaks with the AZ tradition of them popping up once in every 5 or 6 years and then going right back down.

Dirty Old Man

Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I don't go that often, so that was definitely the most exciting "big" baseball game I've seen in person ever. And like the other big local non-coyotes game I went to (Cardinals OT playoff win over packers - the Larry Fitzgerald stiff arm game), it took a while to get going but whoa what an ending!

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Dbacks aren't laying down, took the first at home. Going to be interesting what happens tomorrow with pitching.

My guess is they start with Mantiply for an inning, then go Cecconi for 3-4 (if things go well)

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Wanna give some credit to Pfaadt. He has been great in his starts this postseason.. Impressive what he's done against 2 great offense's in LA and Philly. That is turning into a great 1.2.3 with him , Gallen, and Kelly.

Dirty Old Man

Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Wanna give some credit to Pfaadt. He has been great in his starts this postseason.. Impressive what he's done against 2 great offense's in LA and Philly. That is turning into a great 1.2.3 with him , Gallen, and Kelly.
Yeah, the boobirds came out when Lovullo came and got him in the 6th, but you could understand the move, as he was about to start to go through the order for the 3rd time. Plus, but for a wild pitch they would have had a shutout, so the plan worked...get em next time, kid!

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad