Other AZ Sports Thread 7: Sun Devils, Suns, Lumberjacks, Cardinals, Dbacks, Rattlers, Wildcats, etc.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Also Suns.... launching a streaming service. $109.99 per year or $14.99 per month.

'Suns Live' will offer more than just streaming live games.

• Game replays.
  • On-demand games.
  • Pregame, halftime and postgame shows.
  • Original content (behind-the-scenes footage, off-the-court moments).

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Watching NAU and Weber State on ESPN+.

NAU up 20-10 late and going up and down the field but no points to show for it.

Cardinalitis.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Kershaw's playoff struggles always amuse me and make me think of a thing that I haven't really seen crystallized by someone yet. Though his overall numbers historically aren't actually terrible despite his reputation, he's just wildly unclutch)

Much has been made of modern pitching, how quickly they get pulled and are protected by their teams (often to no avail still, they still get injured all the damn time and there's no evidence all this coddling them, since the Nat's handling of Strausberg made it trendy, actually does a damn thing to protect them anyway.

But they just aren't scary anymore. They all generally throw harder, have more movement, than ever. But no one fears a pitcher anymore. Kershaw is a creampuff. But so is the whole generation of pitchers. I don't mean this in a Don Cherry back in my day sort of way, this wasn't even that long ago.

The elites of the prior era, Randy Johnson, Curt Schilling, Roger Clemens, Pedro Martinez, Maddux, Rivera. Even some of the next tier down types like Sabbathia, Santana, Zito, Smotlz, Glavine, Hudson, Mussina.

You legitimately didn't want to play against these guys. Even the non power pitchers. Because you were going to have a bad day in all likelihood.

In theory there's that same likelihood now. Against an elite pitcher of today. But it just doesn't have the same impact or feeling. It's just another day. I never felt angst that the Diamondbacks were facing a Kershaw, when I was following. But a Clemens or a Maddux? Oh yeah that was appointment viewing. Was Clemens going to bully hitters off the plate all night. If you didn't beat Maddux in the 1st inning you weren't going to. A guy like Kershaw or Verlander is almost as elite as those guys in an all time sense, yet they are just so.....ordinary. And another reason baseball is tough for me to follow now.

/randommusings

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Feels almost therapeutic to beat the Dodgers like that in game 1, but the job isn't done yet so I'm not gonna get too high

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Hats off to Kelly. Great game.. Hopefully Gallen a throws similar effort on Monday. That was one helluva win. You all rolled up into LA and stomped on their neck. Dodgers are going to come out pissed Monday night.

Reactions: Summer Rose

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX

Also Suns.... launching a streaming service. $109.99 per year or $14.99 per month.

'Suns Live' will offer more than just streaming live games.

• Game replays.
  • On-demand games.
  • Pregame, halftime and postgame shows.
  • Original content (behind-the-scenes footage, off-the-court moments).

All good things come to those who wait. Sarver was a stain on the Suns, and was in charge for far too long, but it's come time that we are finally going to be back to where Suns basketball should be.

I'm surprised that they didn't align the cost with the NBA Pass. I guess it depends, is anyone able to do this or do you have to be in the Suns market? I'm guessing only the Suns market could access this, because the NBA offers their own NBA Pass for one team(as mentioned in the article) for $90 per season. Regardless, not a bad deal for consumers. But again, if you are a fan of all sports, I still feel like the consumer is going to be gashed for more money than they were back when there was the RSN option.

Last edited:

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Should be interesting then. How've you guys been at home this year?

Honestly I don't think there's much of a difference between home/road for the Dbacks? Hopefully in the postseason it'll help them, but who knows, sometimes it feels like half the valley is Dodgers fans from pre-1998 and also from Californians moving to Phoenix.

But so far they've been successful in shutting Dodger fans up, so hopefully the Dback fans voices shine through.

Reactions: SwordsgoneWild

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Honestly I don't think there's much of a difference between home/road for the Dbacks? Hopefully in the postseason it'll help them, but who knows, sometimes it feels like half the valley is Dodgers fans from pre-1998 and also from Californians moving to Phoenix.

But so far they've been successful in shutting Dodger fans up, so hopefully the Dback fans voices shine through.
Yeah, 43-38 home and 41-40 away.

I've gone to a number of games at Chase against the Dodgers, and it's typically 80-20 DBacks fans. People always exaggerate the percentage of of opposing fans in Phoenix arenas and stadiums. Of course, that doesn't make the Dodgers fans (almost all of whom moved here many years ago) any less annoying.

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Holy crap. I didn't realize your pitching coach is our former goated pitching coach. I friggin miss you Strom. Your proteges have been awesome but I still miss you. I hope you win it all just for him ( assuming the Stros get knocked out).

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yeah, 43-38 home and 41-40 away.

I've gone to a number of games at Chase against the Dodgers, and it's typically 80-20 DBacks fans. People always exaggerate the percentage of of opposing fans in Phoenix arenas and stadiums. Of course, that doesn't make the Dodgers fans (almost all of whom moved here many years ago) any less annoying.

Yeah it could be way better this season, I haven't gone to a Dodgers@Dbacks game since the 2021 season. I stopped going to them because, at least that year, it felt like way too many Dodgers fans.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Considering his abundant mid section, Lynn should be better. :huh:

Moreno had to do the homerun trot twice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad