Other Arizona Sports Thread 5: Cardinals, Dbacks, Suns, Sun Devils, Wildcats, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I'd actually say it isn't.

Baseball might be bigger here than it would otherwise be given the lasting cultural impact of having Spring Training but I think the NFL is more popular. That doesn't mean the Cardinals get all the benefits of that as people are unwilling to drop their previous allegiances.

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
why is baseball more popular in arizona than football? very curious to know

I think you mean 'currently' more popular.

Such is life in a sports market predominantly comprised of transplants. The support goes to whatever team is most successful.

WHYDFML

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I think you mean 'currently' more popular.

Such is life in a sports market predominantly comprised of transplants. The support goes to whatever team is most successful.

WHYDFML
well the dbacks have only been good this year so idk if thats the reason.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
i was talking about recently

Recently the Dbacks have won more World Series titles than the Blue Jays.
Dbacks 1
Blue Jays 0

541358.jpg

Interviews

BN-QJ049_1019in_GR_20161019190617.jpg

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Yo, take all this passive aggressive trash out of this thread and somewhere else.

It's starting to get on my nerves, because I keep clicking on this thread thinking there's going to be actual posts inside, which discuss sports.

Reactions: Lady Macbeth

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
we play in the toughest division in baseball, your division was soft before this year.
Since 2010, the NL West has been to 4 WS (winning 3...most of any division in baseball), while the AL East has only been to 1, tied with the NL East for the least.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Since 2010, the NL West has been to 4 WS (winning 3...most of any division in baseball), while the AL East has only been to 1, tied with the NL East for the least.
i never said best division, i said toughest. also, all 3 of those teams were the giants so its not like it was many teams winning the world series. the al central has had 4 of the past 6 WS teams in it, does that mean they are a tough division? absolutely not.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Guys, in regards to the dbacks argument. He has a point, the dbacks haven't been very good. But yes, the nl west is a very tough division. This year was great for the nl west. But in general, we haven't been that great. And I don't expect us to get where we were this year next year. The Shelby Miller trade could be one of the worst ever. I think he has made 10 starts for us total since the trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad