Other Arizona Sports Thread 5: Cardinals, Dbacks, Suns, Sun Devils, Wildcats, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Unfortunately I didn't get to watch much of this until now (or fortunately perhaps). But why on earth did they bring Godley in? Running out of pitchers. Maybe the two days off between 2 and 3 is enough to help reset but I kinda doubt it. The way it goes in the playoffs these days is your starter goes 4 or 5 and then you need to piece it together. They will need Godley later.

Corbin throws a gem or this is over either way though I guess unless a miracle happens tonight.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Yeah, it sucks going to the bullpen so quick. I get the wildcard game, but in a 5 game series, bite the bullet. If we somehow manage to come back and win with Kershaw finally gone, then awesome. But really, we are killing the bullpen so early.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
There has to be an interview out there on how many times a day Goldy just works on picking the ball out of the dirt. He does that far too often. Great job though, getting out of that leadoff triple with nothing. Either way, like the fact the team came back and are still fighting.

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
??? It’s a college football team for the university of Tennessee. They are the volunteers, vols for short. Going to the LSU game in Knoxville next month for the annual guys trip. We saw them beat the gators (university of Florida team) last year. Should be fun!

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
??? It’s a college football team for the university of Tennessee. They are the volunteers, vols for short. Going to the LSU game in Knoxville next month for the annual guys trip. We saw them beat the gators (university of Florida team) last year. Should be fun!

Oh, couldn't care less about amateur football :laugh:
Have fun though! :m-dance:

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Yeah 20+ pitches every inning will kill ya.

Offense isn't much better though. Needs to get out and get a lead to relieve pressure.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Yeah bats are non existent. Not sure how Saturday went but we can't wait until the 7th inning again. This is frustrating to watch.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Greinke walking the tightrope.

I understand why they started Walker game 1 and even Godley out of the pen though I disagreed with it in the specific instance they used him.

But I really don't get Ray going game 2 to start and leaving Corbin on the shelf till game 4 which might not even happen. Ray pitched the wildcard game as his bullpen session which is common to do in the playoffs but it's pretty clearly NOT the same thing as pitching a session. He wasn't 100% in game 2 and Corbin is going to have to pitch anyway if this series is going to be won. Why not have Corbin go game 2 and have a rested Ray ready for #4. Don't get it.

Reactions: awfulwaffle

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Besides the actual hits, this game reminds me of the no-hitter by Edwin Jackson. Billions of baserunners and at-bats that last 9 years. If Greinke somehow managed to pitch this whole game he'll have like 160 pitches :laugh:

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I'm amazed we are only down 1. Need some offense, throw this guy a bone. He's battling it so hard right now.

He's practically getting no break at all. If it weren't for the tv breaks in the playoffs being longer I think Zack would be passed out in the clubhouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad