OT Snowmageddon hits Atlantic Canada

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
Well in the last calendar year we’ve had devastating wild fires, fatal floodings….so yup what’s next over 3 feet of snow. What’s common down here is “well we didn’t get it as bad as ______”

Most years it’s P.E.I or Newfoundland (friends & family) that get pummeled by snow…..this year it’s Cape Breton, they got stomped.
Cheers.

Reactions: OldCraig71

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Seen you fellows made the National. Volunteers going around shoveling people out
One thing about the Maritimes is that we help each other out when the going gets tough. I have been helping others out nonstop since this began, yesterday I helped my daughter's boyfriend move his stuck vehicle and then stayed in the parking lot to help 14 other kids, many of them from different parts of Canada and the rest of the world because they were left in a hopeless situation. The cool thing was that some of the kids offered me money which I refused but told them to pay it forward and two of them stayed with me and helped. We went from car to car helping out the stranded, it was a really good experience.

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
One thing about the Maritimes is that we help each other out when the going gets tough. I have been helping others out nonstop since this began, yesterday I helped my daughter's boyfriend move his stuck vehicle and then stayed in the parking lot to help 14 other kids, many of them from different parts of Canada and the rest of the world because they were left in a hopeless situation. The cool thing was that some of the kids offered me money which I refused but told them to pay it forward and two of them stayed with me and helped. We went from car to car helping out the stranded, it was a really good experience.
This is why the Maritimes are awesome. Loved Halifax (well Lower Sackville) when I lived there, a sense of community exists there that is absent from the rest of the country.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
We are a good bunch down here!! Helping friends and family, and sometimes anyone we bump into...........
You may have to change your username, to GoodOlCraig....let's hope the next few days, people are moving around better eh.....................this snowfall has been insane.
I still have 6ft of snow at my back door, and up on my back deck..........working on that today.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
We are a good bunch down here!! Helping friends and family, and sometimes anyone we bump into...........
You may have to change your username, to GoodOlCraig....let's hope the next few days, people are moving around better eh.....................this snowfall has been insane.
I still have 6ft of snow at my back door, and up on my back deck..........working on that today.
Thanks, brother. I am with you on the snow clearing, still have a few areas to clean up and will tackle them over the coming days. The forecast is in the plus 4-5 range for Friday and Saturday which will soften up some of the Lard Jesus garbage lol.

Reactions: BLONG7

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Thanks, brother. I am with you on the snow clearing, still have a few areas to clean up and will tackle them over the coming days. The forecast is in the plus 4-5 range for Friday and Saturday which will soften up some of the Lard Jesus garbage lol.
Hopefully its cleared before too heavy!

Hoping for a slow melt this spring for you folks. Flood risk will be high in a month or two.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Nicely done. That's a great message, pay it forward. Lost my wallet years ago and a lady went out of her way to return it to me (and wouldn't accept any reward). I've been able to return 3 wallets since and you're right, it is a good feeling.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Good God. People are still housebound. Apparently the government has dispatched a fleet of snowmobiles to try to get to the people trapped in their homes and running out of resources.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
The number of helpless elderly folk living rurally/semi-rurally across NS, and so very many on their own, is probably pretty staggering at this point.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I just decided to bump this thread because another Noreaster is on the way tonight and the forecast is saying 20-30 cms and winds gusting 60-80 km/hr. Just as I said, deal with one storm, get a break, and here comes the next one.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I just decided to bump this thread because another Noreaster is on the way tonight and the forecast is saying 20-30 cms and winds gusting 60-80 km/hr. Just as I said, deal with one storm, get a break, and here comes the next one.

Gotta play hockey tonight.. right in the middle of the storm.. rinks don't close for shit in the province.

I'm a goalie so I basically have to go.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
I'm flying out to Vegas tomorrow hopefully flights aren't canceled ffs

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Gotta play hockey tonight.. right in the middle of the storm.. rinks don't close for shit in the province.

I'm a goalie so I basically have to go.
I remember so many nights in beer league where one of the two goalies didn't show up and we had to shoot for the post or crossbar or use the shooter tutor and block the bottom holes. One night I played nets when one of the goalies couldn't make it but lent his gear, it was fun but we lost 3-1. I carried them as far as I could but like our habs, the guys in front of me couldn't score. I did find it tough to look down while wearing the goalie mask.

I'm flying out to Vegas tomorrow hopefully flights aren't canceled ffs
Can you bet on that sort of thing? Lol, enjoy your trip.

Reactions: habsfan891

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
I remember so many nights in beer league where one of the two goalies didn't show up and we had to shoot for the post or crossbar or use the shooter tutor and block the bottom holes. One night I played nets when one of the goalies couldn't make it but lent his gear, it was fun but we lost 3-1. I carried them as far as I could but like our habs, the guys in front of me couldn't score. I did find it tough to look down while wearing the goalie mask.

Can you bet on that sort of thing? Lol, enjoy your trip.
I've lost count of the number of games I've played against an empty net in the other end lol

• Haha

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Hunker down time again, as Steve Wallis would say.

• Haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad