OT Snowmageddon hits Atlantic Canada

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
It’s been crazy here in Dartmouth. I think today has been the worst because of the wind. Threw my back out shovelling lol typical from a bad football injury. I live on a bit of a hill and seen some cars get stuck. One idiot breaking the parking ban and getting a ticket at 2am last night while I cried about Monahan leaving

I don’t think. Cape Breton is probably worse than white Juan though but not Halifax regional municipality
It's insane eh.................my back is not doing the best either.............my buddy with a tractor will be back today sometime to help with my driveway......
Take care

Winter still to the nard here near Yarmouth. Little snow, 10 cm maybe
100 cm in Pictou County..............absolutely nuts....

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I hope @OldCraig71 doesn't shovel, he could die at his age. Go easy and don't overdo it sir
Do I detect a bit of caring on your part? Are you getting Soff?

Figured there would be more of you owning snowblowers. How is shoveling an option with the snowfall you get this time of year? Every season there are casualties on account of heart attacks suffered while shoveling. Try not to be a hero — you’re needed here. :)
1707149610882.png

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Brutal..............is an understatement eh.................
Stay safe.....
Guys who have plows on there trucks were not busy this winter until this weekend................this is going to be a recovery that lasts a week easily.
Man, I'm telling you there are drifts here 10 feet high in some areas, I have never seen anything like it, some roads are one lane only. If something like this happened to our friends in Montreal the city would be shutdown for a week.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I didn't think it was that bad in Moncton based on what I was seeing (didn't bother going anywhere all weekend) but man the condition of the major roads are horrible lol. It's windy and visibility is pretty shit, for sure the worst of the winter so far (second worst was probably last week had to drive about an hour to get home from a party Sunday, not ideal to do hungover lol) but nothing compared to Nova Scotia and PEI.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Get your storm chips and Pepsi: Frankie Macdonald.

I didn't think it was that bad in Moncton based on what I was seeing (didn't bother going anywhere all weekend) but man the condition of the major roads are horrible lol. It's windy and visibility is pretty shit, for sure the worst of the winter so far (second worst was probably last week had to drive about an hour to get home from a party Sunday, not ideal to do hungover lol) but nothing compared to Nova Scotia and PEI.
It seems that the storm has moved Northwest in your direction instead of it's projected path which had it heading to my homeland of the Rock. If it hits you guys in the same way we experienced it, good luck to you all, and may God be with you.

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
Wasn't too bad for me in Halifax, got about 50cm of snow and had an excuse to play video games all weekend. Biggest downside is I have to go buy groceries after work tonight.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
150 cm so far in Cape Breton region… that’s a doozy

You’re woke if you can understand science nowadays… weird, weird times.

you are superwoke if you have a free palestine image in your avatar.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
We have nothing here in the Eastern Township and I hope it stays that way lol

Good luck to those in the Martimes, that's a f***ing bad snow storm

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Living just outside Halifax and it was pretty bad.. Good thing the winds weren't too crazy and most still have power. I was here for white Jaun and the good thing about this weekend is it was spread over a few days.
Here in Northern NS, we got more snow this time around than Juan, some are suggesting 5-6 feet of snow in these parts.

Reactions: BLONG7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad