OT: OT Non-Ski Resort Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Lets say you had a potentially huge software idea but don't have nearly the high level of expertise needed to actually make it yourself. Given how nobody has rights to an idea, as long as nobody actually steals your code or assets it's all legal, how would one go about finding co developers without risk of theft while only offering partnership rather than salary.

WHAT DO I DO HELP

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Lets say you had a potentially huge software idea but don't have nearly the high level of expertise needed to actually make it yourself. Given how nobody has rights to an idea, as long as nobody actually steals your code or assets it's all legal, how would one go about finding co developers without risk of theft while only offering partnership rather than salary.

WHAT DO I DO HELP

Both one of my best friends and my cousin inlaw can probably help you. One is currently developing an app that has had major traction, the other well he started EA sports and has since sold off two other companies for well a lot of money. You can PM me and I can try and put you in touch.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Both one of my best friends and my cousin inlaw can probably help you. One is currently developing an app that has had major traction, the other well he started EA sports and has since sold off two other companies for well a lot of money. You can PM me and I can try and put you in touch.

I appreciate it, I'll give you a message once I'm a bit further for sure. By the way, you wouldn't happen to be talking about Don Mattrick would you?

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I appreciate it, I'll give you a message once I'm a bit further for sure. By the way, you wouldn't happen to be talking about Don Mattrick would you?

Nope, Erik Kiss, and Kevin Oke, Kevin will have a some stuff written about him on his new app if you google him, and Erik, well Erik is a legend.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Nope, Erik Kiss, and Kevin Oke, Kevin will have a some stuff written about him on his new app if you google him, and Erik, well Erik is a legend.

Ah, I'll check it out. My father knew Don Mattrick, they weren't friends but they were friendly. I was wondering if it was one of those small world type things.

Again I really appreciate it. Once I develop something proper and outline a hard plan I might send you a message. I don't think there is much value with just an idea regardless how viable I think it is to high level guys like that.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Haha good for Jake! But isnt he from Abbotsford?? Thats TOO far for anyone to go to

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
My itchy trade finger was twitching when he said "Calgary is my second home" and "it's a great city to play Hockey".

Change of scenery trade with Jake and an 18 yr. old Bennett as the principles?

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
So has anyone here tried those Harry's Razors that are always being advertised here?

I'm still a little skeptical of online shopping but I'm sick of the price of razors.

Tempted.....

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
So has anyone here tried those Harry's Razors that are always being advertised here?

I'm still a little skeptical of online shopping but I'm sick of the price of razors.

Tempted.....
I don't know about harry's, but I used dollar shave club for a while* and thought it was pretty good. Definitely a step up in quality from the cheaper razors in stores and worth the little bit extra in cost. They lasted longer as well and had a pivoting head. Though for some reason my first order with them took a few weeks to get delivered, after that no problems.

*before deciding to grow out my beard

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Yeah, I used dollar shave for a while too, but once i am done my cartridge I am going back to store bought. They aren't bad, I just like the other ones at store more. The higher end ones at least.

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008
I don't know about harry's, but I used dollar shave club for a while* and thought it was pretty good. Definitely a step up in quality from the cheaper razors in stores and worth the little bit extra in cost. They lasted longer as well and had a pivoting head. Though for some reason my first order with them took a few weeks to get delivered, after that no problems.

*before deciding to grow out my beard

The beard is always the correct choice. Though ya still got to clean up the neck and cheeks.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays

Tempted.....
Gf bought me some for xmas, still havent used them though. Still working through all my cheap ones that work well enough. They look great though and Ill try to remember to update you when I do use them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad