OT: NHL15 and/or General Video Gaming Thread v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
There are some parts in Borderlands 2 that drags on, but overall, it's a really enjoyable game. Plus, some absolutely killer DLC content.

Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep is probably my favorite add-on content on any game...ever.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
There are some parts in Borderlands 2 that drags on, but overall, it's a really enjoyable game. Plus, some absolutely killer DLC content.

Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep is probably my favorite add-on content on any game...ever.

Yep. That DLC is amazing. Also a fan of Zombie Island of Dr. Ned from the first game. Basically any DLC but Underdome. *shudder*

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
the writing is meh in borderlands and it straddles a weird line between taking itself too seriously and trying really hard to not be taken seriously which also makes it difficult for me to get into. the gameplay is basically bullet sponges, the game unless you luck into a good weapon.. then it turns into "hold down shoot button, move forward, win game"

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
**** Borderlands. I was so excited to play a FPS loot game, then got hit with vertigo-like symptoms. I'd play for 10 minutes and be completely out of it for 4-5 hours after. In 20 years of playing FPS, I'd never experienced anything like it.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Morgan Reiley has won 7 Norris trophies in my (mostly simulated) be a GM. He's got at least 1 Art Ross and a few 100 point seasons. Is he Bobby Orr in anyone else's?

Hockeywatching

May 9, 2015
Does anyone here fiddle around with Eastside Hockey Manager: Early Access (which I just found out the section 328 guys are doing a series on as well)?

I had messed with it a couple months back and found it a ton of fun. It is very similar to the popular football version (I'll admit I didn't know enough about footie strategy or clubs to get the maximum enjoyment out of that one). Pretty in depth and really lets you micro-manage finer attributes of a team. However, I think the contract signing can be ridiculous at times; had almost an entire team not resign for any price at the end of a season once.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
football manager is still vastly better, but ehm is good

i probably put a couple thousand hours into EHM 2005/2007 in the past decade so i am glad that early access exists to maybe make the game come close to FM's quality

Bosnyi

Bruins-islanders
Apr 10, 2014
massachusets
Love borderlands, really like the story. Most free roaming rpg are great.

Anyone know if there's gonna be a roster update for ehm soon?

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
supposedly there will be one soon and then another before the start of next year

i have been playing a lot of dota 2, csgo, and hearthstone lately

ez mid ez life

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Does anyone here fiddle around with Eastside Hockey Manager: Early Access (which I just found out the section 328 guys are doing a series on as well)?

I had messed with it a couple months back and found it a ton of fun. It is very similar to the popular football version (I'll admit I didn't know enough about footie strategy or clubs to get the maximum enjoyment out of that one). Pretty in depth and really lets you micro-manage finer attributes of a team. However, I think the contract signing can be ridiculous at times; had almost an entire team not resign for any price at the end of a season once.

I've been playing ehm since 2007. Tried out the new release when it came out and fiddled around with it for a bit. Still needs a lot of work imo. Went back to playing 2007. Just updated the database myself to reflect the most recent draft, trades and signings.

Oogie Boogie

Apr 9, 2011
I've got a TONNN of games on my backlog.
I told myself that not to buy anything until Mirai XD and NHL 16 comes out.
I need to beat at least Batman, Omega Quintet, Witcher 3, Valkyrica Chronicles, Deus Ex: Human Revolution at the very least before those come out. I have like 2 months and not much of a life.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
my backlog is like 300+ games at this point and i just kind of play multiplayer games and sandbox games that never end all the time because i am dumb

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
guise, i found this great game called conter strike. it's a fun and stuff. it's an fps shooter game betw/een tourists and conter tourists.

there is this awesome map called dusp or dusk or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad