OT: OT: Leafs Forum OT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
You will not regret. If it's the bouchard with the manor house on the front, you're on a fast train to flavor town
bit of a necro here - the bottle we got for housewarming was a Louis Jadot which was really really good. I bought a bottle of the Maison Bouchard but really didn't like it - just wondering if you usually decant it for a while before drinking or something?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Anyone know where I can get my hands on some free HHOF passes?

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
bit of a necro here - the bottle we got for housewarming was a Louis Jadot which was really really good. I bought a bottle of the Maison Bouchard but really didn't like it - just wondering if you usually decant it for a while before drinking or something?

I pour through a aerator, but that's about it.

Reactions: Randy Randerson

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
JD is bunk...

Go with Maker's Mark for your less expensive bourbons. Much better flavour and finish. I just used 6oz of it to make a Chocolate-bourbon stout over the holidays. Absolutely delicious additive.

I picked up a bottle on the weekend, cool that is was on sale. :)

I had some, can't say I was all that impressed, maybe it takes some getting used to with the high alcohol volume. You know how it goes though, so much depends on your mood and what else is going on etc. so maybe next time I have some I'll love it. Plus everyone has different tastes so there's really no right or wrong here. My favourite in that price range is for the moment still Buffalo Trace.

On another note, I noticed that Eagle Rare is still available at the LCBO. I maybe didn't notice it before as I ordered by price and stopped when it hit 50 bucks? I'm not sure but I think it was under 50 bucks before and now it's almost 60. IT's been a while since I had it so not sure how good it is for the price but I remember absolutely loving that stuff, next time I pick up a bourbon, that will be the one. If you haven't had any I suggest giving it a try, I was very impressed!

Thanks for the recommendation. Cheers!

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I picked up a bottle on the weekend, cool that is was on sale. :)

I had some, can't say I was all that impressed, maybe it takes some getting used to with the high alcohol volume. You know how it goes though, so much depends on your mood and what else is going on etc. so maybe next time I have some I'll love it. Plus everyone has different tastes so there's really no right or wrong here. My favourite in that price range is for the moment still Buffalo Trace.

On another note, I noticed that Eagle Rare is still available at the LCBO. I maybe didn't notice it before as I ordered by price and stopped when it hit 50 bucks? I'm not sure but I think it was under 50 bucks before and now it's almost 60. IT's been a while since I had it so not sure how good it is for the price but I remember absolutely loving that stuff, next time I pick up a bourbon, that will be the one. If you haven't had any I suggest giving it a try, I was very impressed!

Thanks for the recommendation. Cheers!

No prob. I have been a lover of all things liquid, and able to turn the world around for awhile, so I've tried A LOT of varieties of booze.

The wife and I are currently in Charleston, South Carolina, on a food and drink vacay (that's basically what we do now that we're not twenty). This city is absolutely, without question, the BEST American city I've been to. The food, beer, and cocktail culture is unrivaled.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
No prob. I have been a lover of all things liquid, and able to turn the world around for awhile, so I've tried A LOT of varieties of booze.

The wife and I are currently in Charleston, South Carolina, on a food and drink vacay (that's basically what we do now that we're not twenty). This city is absolutely, without question, the BEST American city I've been to. The food, beer, and cocktail culture is unrivaled.

Wow, sounds awesome, enjoy!

I vaguely remember that you've been to a number of places so if you say it's the BEST, that counts for a fair bit. Just to double check though, have you been to New Orleans?

Reason I ask is that I haven't been around the US much, but out of the places I have been my favourites are NY City and Chicago. I haven't been to New Orleans yet but I do plan to go and from what I've heard, I have a strong notion that that place will be my favourite based on the music, food, drink and just the overall vibe.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Wow, sounds awesome, enjoy!

I vaguely remember that you've been to a number of places so if you say it's the BEST, that counts for a fair bit. Just to double check though, have you been to New Orleans?

Reason I ask is that I haven't been around the US much, but out of the places I have been my favourites are NY City and Chicago. I haven't been to New Orleans yet but I do plan to go and from what I've heard, I have a strong notion that that place will be my favourite based on the music, food, drink and just the overall vibe.

Been there. Went during off-seaeon. Had a blast. The south is the best, overall, just about wherever you go.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Tiger Woods tied for the lead at Bay Hill, 3 under after 7 holes. If this keeps up I wouldn't be surprised if day one of the Masters had the largest viewing audience in the history of golf.

Go Tiger!

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Tiger Woods tied for the lead at Bay Hill, 3 under after 7 holes. If this keeps up I wouldn't be surprised if day one of the Masters had the largest viewing audience in the history of golf.

Go Tiger!
I watch a lot of golf and was never much of a Tiger fan. I hated how no matter where he was in the tournament the broadcast would always focus on him(I understand why they did that but didn't like it).

I found though that I started missing him and last weeks tournament was very compelling. After he made that putt on 17, our whole house stopped to watch him play the 18th.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I watch a lot of golf and was never much of a Tiger fan. I hated how no matter where he was in the tournament the broadcast would always focus on him(I understand why they did that but didn't like it).

I found though that I started missing him and last weeks tournament was very compelling. After he made that putt on 17, our whole house stopped to watch him play the 18th.

Haha yeah I know, a lot of people hated that too. I never really cared TBH, but then I'm just a casual fan and only watch the majors for the most part. I watched last weekend though and if it's on TV (and I'm guessing it is) I will be watching again this weekend. To say Tiger being a contender again would be good golf would be a gargantuan understatement but he's looking good right now and I'm LOVING it!

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Imagine how he felt when he got to do this.

Amazing.

Probably a lot better than when he had to read hate mail from fundamentalists who told him God was punishing him for speaking out against the need for a Creator.

Sad world sometimes. And yet beauty resides within it.

Thank you Stephen.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!

Go Tiger!
back to -1 ouch thought he was going to dominate today hope he finishes his round strong!

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Through 16 holes he's not alone in 1st at -4. Holey moley batman, this could be the beginning of Tigermania part 2!

Apparently he drained a 71 foot putt to got to -4. Yikes!!

Golf is more exciting with Tiger in the leaderboard hunt, especially on a Sunday. I watched golf for the first time in awhile last Sunday and really enjoyed it.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Through 16 holes he's not alone in 1st at -4. Holey moley batman, this could be the beginning of Tigermania part 2!

yea I just caught the replay on golf channel what a putt!, he is -4 through 17 tied for the lead, I hope he wins this week, thought maybe last week at the valspar, but you are right tigermania part 2 is coming!

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Golf is more exciting with Tiger in the leaderboard hunt, especially on a Sunday. I watched golf for the first time in awhile last Sunday and really enjoyed it.

Exciting - you're not kidding. I watched last Saturday and Sunday and as long as he's in the hunt, I'll be watching this weekend too. Only today I discovered there's a golf thread in a sub-forum here and according to a post there, Tiger is now favoured to win the Masters. Now I know the betting public influences those odds in a huge way (I'm pretty sure much more than hockey for example) but still, that's just amazing.

The Masters starts April 5th I believe. Then the following week the playoffs begin and another week or two after that the Raptors begin their playoffs journey as well. It's going to be a beautiful spring!

:partytime:

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Here it is and skip to the 1:50 mark of the video for that scene.

He's probably thinking that in 50 years he'll be in one of those pictures.

Always been a huge Tiger fan. Wish his career didn't get derailed or he would have been considered the greatest of all time IMO.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
He's probably thinking that in 50 years he'll be in one of those pictures.

Always been a huge Tiger fan. Wish his career didn't get derailed or he would have been considered the greatest of all time IMO.

Yeah I remember thinking it was a foregone conclusion that he would pass Nicklaus in majors, who knows maybe he still has a shot. Apparently Nicklaus recently said that he thinks Tiger can win a couple more, winning 5 more though was "another story" if I remember the quote correctly. It's gonna be fun watching him try though, that's for sure.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Yeah I remember thinking it was a foregone conclusion that he would pass Nicklaus in majors, who knows maybe he still has a shot. Apparently Nicklaus recently said that he thinks Tiger can win a couple more, winning 5 more though was "another story" if I remember the quote correctly. It's gonna be fun watching him try though, that's for sure.
Yup you'd have to think he would have passed him the way he used to dominate rounds. He was fun to watch.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
If Tiger never marries I believe he would have already past Nicklaus.

Yorkshire Leaf

Nov 13, 2014
The City of York
So... my home town back in New-Brunswick just got hit with 411cm's of snow...

Bloody hell! Over here in the UK, London has just had a dusting of snow and they are panicking, but they are all soft southern jessies down there.

Also is anyone watching the Paralympic hockey, great sport to watch.

Edit - USA just beat Canada in OT to win the gold, after making it 1-1 with 30 seconds of the 3rd period left.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad