OT: OT: Leafs Forum OT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafsmann

Jan 4, 2016
I'd suggest a bit of it all. An activity where you're able to chat is good and more memorable/fun. But I'd also say some time for a casual drink or two in a quiet setting can help you get to know each other. And walk is a good idea as well.

A good way to approach it is to have all the above planned out from your end but just take it one thing at a time to see how it goes. For example if you go mini-putting, as an activity, and it goes well then see if she wants to grab a drink. If things keep going well suggest you go for a walk. And all you would need to do is just pick an activity that is within a reasonable distance to a bar that has a nice area to walk around after.

Some foresight can go a long way to making a solid first date into a great one. And if you don't do it all you have something to lead into another date if you're talking to her.

Thanks for the good advice!

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Sorry to hear that.. I was in a similar situation a few years back. It gutted me for a few years..
thanks and to everyone else.

just been a rough couple of while. honestly ive become oddly numb to all these things...after dad things it's just like eh. i prolly would've been crushed in the past but i dunno just sometimes things seems so damn miniscule but at the same time my easy response is just to sleep lol

ah well i have some good friends and im holding some of them liable to see what i should do for the future.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

Bell Media is laying off employees, including prominent on-air personalities, at radio and TV stations across Canada.

However, the company won’t say how many, who or where.

Unifor, the union representing on-air and broadcasting technicians at 17 CTV stations, estimates 50 jobs are being eliminated at Bell Media’s TV network alone in the latest round.

It says CFTO sportscasters Joe Tilley and Lance Brown, along with on-air personalities such as BNN host Michael Kane and Ottawa CTV 2 hosts Melissa Lamb and Lianne Laing, are among those affected.

The union said the cuts mean the end of local sports broadcasts as of Dec. 27 at CTV’s flagship station CFTO in Toronto
, a move it claims has already been made at CTV stations in Edmonton, Calgary, and Montreal.

In an email sent Monday, Bell Media spokesman Matthew Garrow confirmed a union report that a number of employees were told last week their jobs would end due to a reorganization designed in part to address declines in advertising revenue.

“Like other Canadian broadcasters, we are confronting rapid change in the media marketplace including new broadcast technologies and viewing options and fast-growing international competition,” he said.

“As the media marketplace evolves, local radio and TV stations are facing significant declines in advertising, their only source of revenue. We need to reorganize and reduce costs to manage the impact.”

Garrow said Bell is cutting its local sports presence but will continue to have sports in its local newscasts.

Last edited:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Just called Bell to complain yet again about my cell phone bill and to my surprise found out that I've fulfilled my contract.
Our bill is around $250 per month for 3 phones which I think is insane. (We have unlimited talk and text, 2GB data.)
Any suggestions on other providers who are a little more financially friendly?

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
Just called Bell to complain yet again about my cell phone bill and to my surprise found out that I've fulfilled my contract.
Our bill is around $250 per month for 3 phones which I think is insane. (We have unlimited talk and text, 2GB data.)
Can't spell personally but red flag deals posts good deals quite often.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I have a coworker that does pretty well by either Bell or Rogers, just keeps staying on the phone with customer retention saying that he's going to leave and quoting the other guys pricing (the special pricing that the other side was willing to do, not posted pricing) and moving up management levels until someone caves

I've also seen articles about Freedom wireless being the next thing that will change the competitive telecom landscape in Canada so it might be worth waiting to see what happens there

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

I'm pretty happy with Virgin. We have different packages so you'd have to ask what their rates are but what I really like is that while I did have some misunderstandings with them, I was very happy with the way their CS people resolved everything, happy to recommend them.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I'm pretty happy with Virgin. We have different packages so you'd have to ask what their rates are but what I really like is that while I did have some misunderstandings with them, I was very happy with the way their CS people resolved everything, happy to recommend them.
Thanks, I'll check them out.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171206-203855.png
    Screenshot_20171206-203855.png
    166.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
So since I've lived in Saskatchewan for the past 7 years or so I've always had fairly slow internet. There were faster options but I just never usually had anything more than the "basic" high speed. I had Fiber Op when I lived in NB but at the time it wasn't THAT fast compared to today. Anyway, my modem shit the bed a few days ago and apparently I was eligible for a free upgrade to fiber op. I know most a lot of you guys probably have much faster internet but holy shit, going from an actual download speed of around 600kbs to 3.6mbs is such an amazing jump when you're used to that slower speed. I downloaded a 50gb game from my steam library last night and it took about 5 hours where as before I wouldn't even try because it would have taken 3-5 days hahaha.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
According to the CBC, a woman and her family are left feeling shaken, after a shopping mall parking lot assault in St Thomas, Ont., that it is most likely a racially motivated attack.

Mark Phillips, 36, was charged with aggravated assault and three counts of assault with a weapon. He was denied bail and will remain in jail until Monday.

They came to Canada to get away from war in Colombia, and are teaching their teenage son to stand up for others when he sees injustice.

But Sergio Estepa is still nursing a cracked rib and large bruise after a baseball bat attack Thursday afternoon in a busy parking lot in St. Thomas, Ont.

He and his family got little help from bystanders as a man charged at him, unprovoked, yelling about terrorists and ISIS.

A video of the attack was widely shared on social media on Friday.

Mark Phillips, 36, was charged with aggravated assault and three counts of assault with a weapon. He was denied bail and will remain in jail until Monday.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
According to the CBC, a woman and her family are left feeling shaken, after a shopping mall parking lot assault in St Thomas, Ont., that it is most likely a racially motivated attack.

I saw a shared facebook post from the mother of an early 20's St. Thomas man of his hand after someone attacked him with a machete when they were waiting for a cab and he put his hands up to protect himself. I'm sure that wasn't what you were posting this for, but St. Thomas looks like it's turning into a scummy place to live....too bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad