OT: OT: Leafs Forum OT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
because they are amazing. I don't make them all the time - and everytime i do it's like 'why don't i?" salty and sweet and crunchy and soft in one cookie. numo.

I googled for a recipe and found one for chocolate chip and caramel. I think I'll bug my wife to help me make them.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I'll be grabbing a selection today, exciting times.

I'm mildly allergic to the tanins in the skins of certain varieties of grapes, and used to get blasted off a single glass of wine, so I would never drink it. One day, a friend's father decided that we would do an experiment, and bought a few bottles of Beau, and I could drink a bunch of it and feel normal.

And thus began my love of it.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I'm mildly allergic to the tanins in the skins of certain varieties of grapes, and used to get blasted off a single glass of wine, so I would never drink it. One day, a friend's father decided that we would do an experiment, and bought a few bottles of Beau, and I could drink a bunch of it and feel normal.

And thus began my love of it.
I picked up one of each today to try, unfortunately they don't last long.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
what are some good first date activities?

Considering you'll want to get to know the person, avoid a movie. Can't talk. Do something neutral, with changes of scenery. It's a little cold for a walk, but that's always a good starter. You can get a feel for the person, and if you're both enjoying each other's company, you can grab a quick bite.

Try not to do a big, heavy dinner first. It puts a lot of pressure on both people to talk in a forced scenario. It's best to break the ice first, get a decent comfort level and a guage on the person's interests, and then put yourself under the microscope.

Most importantly, be yourself. The best version of yourself. Don't put the other person on a pedastal, and relax. I always looked at a date as the chance to meet another unique human being that I could learn from.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario

If you’re younger then bowling or mini putt then drinks after would be my suggestions, nothing wrong with a little competition. I’m mid 20s and a girl invited me to go bowling today and wants to put a wager on it.

Or just plain old drinks if you’re over 19. Some girls find that too forward though for whatever reason

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

For starters, I would drop the word "activities"

Do you know anything about him/her? Music lover? Take in a band or go full the full Monty and hit Karaoke.

Foodie? You could take in a cooking class together.

UFC fan? Hit a country bar up in Barrie.

Leafsmann

Jan 4, 2016
If you’re younger then bowling or mini putt then drinks after would be my suggestions, nothing wrong with a little competition. I’m mid 20s and a girl invited me to go bowling today and wants to put a wager on it.

Or just plain old drinks if you’re over 19. Some girls find that too forward though for whatever reason

Sounds good. I'm 20 personally, but an activity or walking around sounds good and better than just drinks.

Leafsmann

Jan 4, 2016
For starters, I would drop the word "activities"

Do you know anything about him/her? Music lover? Take in a band or go full the full Monty and hit Karaoke.

Foodie? You could take in a cooking class together.

UFC fan? Hit a country bar up in Barrie.

Thanks. And I've found women are more receptive when you call it "hanging out" but make it clear it's one on one than a date.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Sounds good. I'm 20 personally, but an activity or walking around sounds good and better than just drinks.

I'd suggest a bit of it all. An activity where you're able to chat is good and more memorable/fun. But I'd also say some time for a casual drink or two in a quiet setting can help you get to know each other. And walk is a good idea as well.

A good way to approach it is to have all the above planned out from your end but just take it one thing at a time to see how it goes. For example if you go mini-putting, as an activity, and it goes well then see if she wants to grab a drink. If things keep going well suggest you go for a walk. And all you would need to do is just pick an activity that is within a reasonable distance to a bar that has a nice area to walk around after.

Some foresight can go a long way to making a solid first date into a great one. And if you don't do it all you have something to lead into another date if you're talking to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->