OT: OT: Leafs Forum OT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
How can you tell if a girl likes you? Seems simple but I've talked to some women that don't show interest at first but when I talk to them later their eyes light up, some even touch me during conversations. It's very confusing.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
How can you tell if a girl likes you? Seems simple but I've talked to some women that don't show interest at first but when I talk to them later their eyes light up, some even touch me during conversations. It's very confusing.

Anytime they touch you it’s a good sign, unless they’re trying to push you away. You’ve got to be able to read body language, it’s tough sometimes. if they’re actively making eye contact and laughing at stupid jokes, or trying to relate to things you like chances are they’re into you. But yeah, touching you for “no reason” is pretty much always a good sign especially if they have to go out of their way to do it.

Reactions: justafan22

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
anyone jump onto the cryptocurrency train?

I bought some ether in July, doubled my money within two months and am now holding Cardano and Bitcoin Cash stocks, not very qualified in it, but I have a buddy who is and he swears by it.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton

I bought some ether in July, doubled my money within two months and am now holding Cardano and Bitcoin Cash stocks, not very qualified in it, but I have a buddy who is and he swears by it.
kicking myself for not doing it at one of a dozen intervals...thought about throwing a couple hundred bucks at bitcoin when it was like $6 and nearly talked my mom into at least a few of them when it was $4500ish. Most of mine is in Hamilton real estate but really wish I'd had a little more liquid because I definitely would have jumped in

Reactions: Kelly

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC

As an investment, its a great vehicle. As an actual viable non-government regulated currency that will some day be widely used as legal tender, let's just say I'm skeptical.

Lot's of people have made, and will make money. God help the fool that doesn't short it early enough.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

CBC News has learned the man charged in connection with a baseball bat attack on an immigrant family is a Toronto personal injury lawyer and the great grandson of former Toronto mayor Nathan Phillips.

Mark Phillips, 36, was charged on Dec. 8 with aggravated assault and three counts of assault with a weapon after allegations that a man brandishing a neon baseball bat leapt from his BMW and attacked an immigrant family from Colombia.

The family said the man charged at them unprovoked before they recorded the confrontation on a cell phone, which has been widely circulated through news outlets and social media.

The video shows a man yelling about terrorists and ISIS before he confronts the family in a strip mall parking lot and begins swinging his bat, leaving Sergio Estepa with a cracked rib and severe bruising on his back.

'Mayor of all the people'

Phillips great-grandfather, dubbed "the mayor of all the people," is the namesake of the current day Nathan Phillips Square located outside Toronto city hall.

A portrait of Nathan Phillips still hangs in the accused's parents home in Toronto, a childhood friend told CBC News.

Now that one of his great grandsons faces four charges that police have called "disturbing" and possibly "racially motivated," his family is shocked and saddened, said uncle Jeff Phillips, a London, Ont. lawyer.

"His father is very upset," he said, noting there was not much else he could say because he had lost contact with his nephew over the years.

"I honestly don't know," he said. "I'm not involved with him."

taurine330

Nov 28, 2015
Stockholm

The Wolf of Wall Street (the actual person) was warning about Bitcoin.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Pretty psych. Finally have some free time tonight to watch the latest Star Wars movie :darth:

So Disney buys 21st Century Fox for $52.4 billion now own The Simpsons, National Geographic, Marvel, plus Star Wars (Lucasfilm), ESPN, ABC TV, etc... just incredible.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
What are some good holiday plans to make with a girl that you know, but barely, however you think is interested in you?

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
"Elevator Alert: Highway 407, concourse to subway level, out of service." One of the new stations that opened up today and already something is broken, lol.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I don't usually post about my personal life at all because I am a very private person just by nature but I don't want to talk to my friends or family about this because I don't know how to feel right now and I think this is my last post here so I might as well ask for some advice.

Has anyone dealt with their heart being absolutely broken to pieces? How do you move on?

I was a naive idiot back in Grade 3 when there was a new girl in class and back then the teacher had this rule that the new person in class sits next to the other newest person in class before them and shows them around the school and welcomes them. That was going to be me.

I turned to my friend at that time and after looking at her one time, I said "I am going to marry her someday." I was in grade f***ing three and had no concept of marriage and that's what popped up in my head. She is the most loving and kindest person I've even known.

I have known her my entire life and had been with her without any "on and off" relationships since grade 8. I felt so lucky knowing that I knew exactly who I was going to spend my entire life with.

We just wanted the same things in life until know.

Known her for 17 years of my life. Been with her for 12 years and it's over just like that. I don't even know where to pick up the pieces.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I don't usually post about my personal life at all because I am a very private person just by nature but I don't want to talk to my friends or family about this because I don't know how to feel right now and I think this is my last post here so I might as well ask for some advice.

Has anyone dealt with their heart being absolutely broken to pieces? How do you move on?

I was a naive idiot back in Grade 3 when there was a new girl in class and back then the teacher had this rule that the new person in class sits next to the other newest person in class before them and shows them around the school and welcomes them. That was going to be me.

I turned to my friend at that time and after looking at her one time, I said "I am going to marry her someday." I was in grade ****ing three and had no concept of marriage and that's what popped up in my head. She is the most loving and kindest person I've even known.

I have known her my entire life and had been with her without any "on and off" relationships since grade 8. I felt so lucky knowing that I knew exactly who I was going to spend my entire life with.

Known her for 17 years of my life. Been with her for 12 years and it's over just like that. I don't even know where to pick up the pieces.

Sorry to hear that mate

I know it's going to sound pretty trite but it's going to take time, it just ******* sucks at the time

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

I turned to my friend at that time and after looking at her one time, I said "I am going to marry her someday." I was in grade ****ing three and had no concept of marriage and that's what popped up in my head. She is the most loving and kindest person I've even known.

*raises hand* i've had mine completely carved out and shattered. in a way you don't really get over it. There are times I can be sitting with a group of friends, and just a thought, or a something flashes and it's like. uugghhh all over again. but the part where you feel like you just want to crawl up and die or just rage at the world - that goes away relatively quickly. not to be too sterotypical, but ice cream does help, also a good vent-session.

Closure is a tricky thing too. i tend to always want to hash things out but then you have more questions than answers truthfully. I am sorry you are going through this Pi. it sucks, and i'd never wish it on anyone.

Optimist

Wendel and I
Feb 16, 2015
Ontario Canada
Lake Superior. Not too far from my home.

Attachments

• 1392879_10152864742625775_9039942969428518545_n.jpg
    1392879_10152864742625775_9039942969428518545_n.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 15

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario

I'm going to be blunt. The method of moving on/coping with such a traumatic occurrence is not the same for everyone, especially given the time you guys knew each other and subsequently were with each other in a relationship. I'll express myself personally. I was raised traditionally. I don't sleep around. I waited relatively late for a guy, and lost my virginity when I was 19 to my first real girlfriend. We dated for a year, I was completely faithful, yet for most of the relationship, she tore down my security of my own personnel and we've been split for 2 years now and I had come to realize in the mourning process (haven't dated since) that you have to have a self belief in yourself above EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE ELSE, before you can realize what you truly want post relationship. You are right now in an utter state of shock. She was a regularity in your life and now she's not. The first little while will likely be anger and sorry you have never felt. You'll question why this had to happen, what went wrong and your mind will try to rationalize 10 different scenario's that could have led to this, but it'll never come to a consensus. This part doesn't last too long and the good thing is, the healing process begins soon after and you'll be fine after that. Just don't shy away from crying or your emotions. Suppression leads to depression.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Love is like algebra

Attachments

• 218010207_1539771519369041_74488040320010402_n.jpg
    218010207_1539771519369041_74488040320010402_n.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 8

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

It's something that you think you can never deal with when it happens to you, but getting your heart broken is something that happens to almost everyone and people bounce back. it takes time and there's no miracle fix for what you're going through, but to me that's what makes love beautiful. Nothing you can be told can really help because it's something you're going to have to work though on your own, but people are 100% right when they say that time will fix things. It's important to not blame yourself and to focus on other things, and to really make an effort to move on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->