OT: OT: Leafs Forum OT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I haven't seen an off-topic thread in a while, so I thought I'd start one. What do you do when you're not watching hockey or on HFboards (or working, going to school, or parenting)?

Do you play hockey? Do you play video games? Watch Netflix? Build birdhouses? Destroy other peoples' birdhouses? Let me know! (Or don't. No pressure.)

Edit: I realize now I said non-hockey hobbies then immediately asked if you play hockey, but let's pretend I said "non-NHL" hobbies.

you probably didn't see an of topic thread for a while because most of the off topic threads go into the master OT thread.

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
you probably didn't see an of topic thread for a while because most of the off topic threads go into the master OT thread.

That makes sense. I did scan the first page for that thread but when I didn't see it, I thought I'd start my own. I imagine a mod will merge this at some point.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
I play in Super Smash Bros Melee tournaments
No way man. That game is still awesome 16 years after release. I main Peach, Falcon and Luigi. As for the OP I'm in to lifting and video games myself. Specifically smash bros melee and project m, Overwatch, HOTS, Hollow Knight, etc. I also play Volleyball and Ice Hockey Competitively. When I'm not doing these I'm out with friends.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Just as he introduced me to hockey, my old man introduced me to video games when I was a kid. He's always been big on Nintendo games. So I grew up a gamer and that has been consistent in my life. Lately, I've been playing a game called Rocket League a lot.

Other than that, I watch a ton of movies and read as much as possible. I just went to Chapters on the weekend and bought six books. Should keep me busy for a while.

My work schedule doesn't leave much time for anything in the way of a social life, but a couple times a year I'll book time off to go to music festivals and concerts. This year has been slow for that, but I have managed to get out to see a couple bands, and am going to see Alexisonfire in December and Henry Rollins doing his spoken word bit in January.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
I'm personally really into watching movies. I've been making my way through this list the last couple years or so:

http://www.theyshootpictures.com/gf1000_all1000films_table.php

Tremendous. Now you have to tell us your favourite, so far.

I fully expect there to be lots of fellow lifters around here.
I like to pick things up and then put them back down.

x3 If I miss a workout, I'm profoundly bothered.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Well, as the patrons of the OT thread are aware, I do a lot of cooking. Heavy on the smoker in the last few years, but really into cooking in all of it's many wonderful forms. I'm also a beer/wine/cocktail enthusiast, and I brew my own craft beers.

I just purchased five 4th generation Cascade hops plants, and have ordered multiples of 6 other varieties to plant in the spring, in order to make truly organic craft beers, of which the recipes are completely my own. I LOVE everything about beer, from it's history, to drinking it en mass.

I have a green thumb that I inherited from my Mother, and I guess you could say I took an affinity to growing things in my teenage years......and it continues today with my gardens, now my hops production setup, and other personal projects. Being in Essex County allows me to grow a wealth of plant life because of the soil and climate.

And uhhh, It's not an obsession yet, but I'm in week two of nightly gym sessions.

Edit: I've been in bands most of my life as well, and play the guitar/bass/drums and some piano, for kicks.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
My hobbies are close up magic and photography. I started lifting relatively recently. I also jog a lot with my German Shepherd. Used to snowboard when living in BC.

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
I have lots to do while not following the NHL.
I'm still a relatively new father (at least I still feel that way) as my son turned one years old two weeks ago. That keeps me on my toes and is what fills alot of my spare time. However I'm also a World War II history buff, I collect vinyl albums and currently have over 500 in my collection, I am fantasy football fanatic and I'm a part of 4 football pools (and I've won 3 of them the past 2 years!). I thoroughly enjoy music and TV. Top five favourite bands and TV shows as follows:

1) Rolling Stones
2)Foo Fighters
3)Big Sugar
4)Hawksley Workman
5)Red Hot Chili Peppers

1)Breaking Bad
2)Band of Brothers
3) Better Call Saul
4)Psych
5)Mr Robot

I played ice hockey for 22 years, but sadly I haven't put my skates on in over two and a half years. However, I play in a competitive ball hockey league once a week and have been now for almost 4 years, and I love it. I hope to start brewing small batches of craft beer with my boss in the near future, as I enjoy touring local breweries and sampling local beers.

I work in the telecommunications industry, and am a senior technician with a small company that helps expand LTE network coverage, so all you fine folks can check hfboards on your smart phones during the day. I check this site a couple times a day, and really enjoy coming here to see what hockey news and rumours are swirling around. I feel like I'm rambling, but that's a look into what I get myself into on a weekly basis.

Reactions: The Cobra

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Sports. 7 days a week, all my life.

Baseball, soccer, golf in the summer. snowboarding, Hockey, and volleyball in the winter.

I'm a sports addict in every aspect of it :)

Reactions: Welsh Maple Leaf

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
I have lots to do while not following the NHL.
I'm still a relatively new father (at least I still feel that way) as my son turned one years old two weeks ago. That keeps me on my toes and is what fills alot of my spare time. However I'm also a World War II history buff, I collect vinyl albums and currently have over 500 in my collection, I am fantasy football fanatic and I'm a part of 4 football pools (and I've won 3 of them the past 2 years!). I thoroughly enjoy music and TV. Top five favourite bands and TV shows as follows:

1) Rolling Stones
2)Foo Fighters
3)Big Sugar
4)Hawksley Workman
5)Red Hot Chili Peppers

1)Breaking Bad
2)Band of Brothers
3) Better Call Saul
4)Psych
5)Mr Robot

I played ice hockey for 22 years, but sadly I haven't put my skates on in over two and a half years. However, I play in a competitive ball hockey league once a week and have been now for almost 4 years, and I love it. I hope to start brewing small batches of craft beer with my boss in the near future, as I enjoy touring local breweries and sampling local beers.

I work in the telecommunications industry, and am a senior technician with a small company that helps expand LTE network coverage, so all you fine folks can check hfboards on your smart phones during the day. I check this site a couple times a day, and really enjoy coming here to see what hockey news and rumours are swirling around. I feel like I'm rambling, but that's a look into what I get myself into on a weekly basis.

History was part of my double major in Uni. Headed to Charleston, SC., this coming March to explore Ft. Sumter and other Civil War goodies!

mike dad bab clock

May 2, 2016
Video games (mostly rocket league and PUBG), guitar, binge drinking and recently started reading some fantasy novels. That's about it

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I'll post in here to get to know you all, since I plan on spending lots of time around the Leafs forums from now on.

So, first off, I'm in the American military, married with three dogs so a lot of my hobbies just revolve around spending time at the park or out on trails with the wife and doggos.

I'm very into powerlifting, but I'm also manorexic so I do a lot of metcon and conditioning work. On the flip side, I love food, love cooking (great post on the first page from a fellow foodie) and love craft beer, so I never reach my goal figure. If it wasn't for beer, I'd probably do a physique competition, but especially being in a high stress job in the service, it keeps me sane and I don't think a stupid water weight cut for a show is worth it.

I'm a big Batman nerd too. Especially on deployments, I crush Batman comics. Very hard to find an arc I haven't read.

I like video games but find that I finish them less and less as I get older and busier. Mostly just play NHL now. In the past I enjoyed the FF series, Uncharted, Assassins Creed, Arkham, Metroid, etc.

I'm also a huge bourbon drinker. Lately I'm really into the super high alcohol barrel proofs that clock at like 67%.

I like to read. Played four years of college hockey but haven't been on the ice in about 18 months due to my current duty station. Wish I still lived up north.

In love with the Leafs since Auston Matthews came to town. Reminds me of my all time favorite, Peter Forsberg. I'm a Rangers fan but... I'm gonna be needing a back up team as I fear the Lundqvist era is winding down and we're in for some lean times.

Reactions: Pocket Hercules
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad