OT: OT: Leafs Forum OT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafsmann

Jan 4, 2016
So uh, is asking a girl out for coffee a better way to phrase it than saying it's a date? Less pressure right? Asking for a friend.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
So uh, is asking a girl out for coffee a better way to phrase it than saying it's a date? Less pressure right? Asking for a friend.

Depends on how well you know the girl, and the girl's personality.

What age group are we talking about? If its 30+, then go straight to asking her out for dinner in a respectful classy way, and make it clear its a date if that's what it is.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009

Asking to get coffee is usually sufficient. Most conscious beings will pick up on the fact that you're asking because you're interested.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

girl advice.
just ask if you want to go on a date. we can get coffee and walk for a bit. but if you want it as a date - say a date. this way the girl can go "no thanks but we can hang out next time." thus - you know dates aren't in the future. or. "yes that sounds great" let's you know that she wants to have a date.

At any rate that's how I would want to be asked. if anyone were to ask me that is.

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Yikes, how'd you manage that?

walking to work, got into the build, foot shot out, and I rolled it. I roll my ankle ALL the time so i didn't even think about it, didn't even report it. yesterday my foot is on fire and numb, and my co-workers threw me on the bus to go to the hospital, ER doctor told me I broke it and sprained it.

went to the cast clinic and and i have an aulvison fracture. i pulled the bone away from the ligament. :'(

Jesus. We're a mess.. :laugh:

do't i know it. i have no idea how i am supposed to do anything.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
walking to work, got into the build, foot shot out, and I rolled it. I roll my ankle ALL the time so i didn't even think about it, didn't even report it. yesterday my foot is on fire and numb, and my co-workers threw me on the bus to go to the hospital, ER doctor told me I broke it and sprained it.

went to the cast clinic and and i have an aulvison fracture. i pulled the bone away from the ligament. :'(

Jesus, I'm sorry to hear that Daisy that sounds like a painful bugger to deal with

I hope you get better quickly

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009

I'm just out here trying to love all the doggos, and I get bit. Sonnuva...

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Jesus, I'm sorry to hear that Daisy that sounds like a painful bugger to deal with

thanks. i have to wear this stupid darth vader boot for 4 weeks. then wean off it for another 2. and then see in 3 months if i need surgery. stupid ankle. i walk everywhere, so basically my expenses shot up, having to pay for buses and cabs.

see i am terrified of dogs, so i would have been done and done.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
And I am terrified of public transportation.... we're living one another's nightmare!

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
thanks. i have to wear this stupid darth vader boot for 4 weeks. then wean off it for another 2. and then see in 3 months if i need surgery. stupid ankle. i walk everywhere, so basically my expenses shot up, having to pay for buses and cabs.

see i am terrified of dogs, so i would have been done and done.

I am sorry to hear that and wish you the best

Reactions: Daisy Jane

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto

Feel better Daisy!

Reactions: Daisy Jane

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
hey does anyone know how to make the audio on a mac clearer? all of a sudden everything sounds like it's in one speaker- - and i checked and it says it's balanced.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton

Yep, that's how most people do it. Less pressure for sure and you ease your way to bed with each other five hours later. I'm kidding, just joking.....:).

At your age, you might like her a lot but tone it down externally and keep it to yourself. I know that might sound strange.

If it becomes more serious; you will have the urge to devote all your attention to her. You will have to manage these emotions as well. Just like hockey, not too high, not too low.

Good luck!

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Just want to let everyone know, the buzz about the Leafs is real. I work at adidas as an associate and I sometimes work the hockey section (since we got the contract with the NHL and get all the authentic stuff) and everyone comes in buzzing about talking about the Leafs. Had multiple conversations today about how entertaining they are to watch, some Edmonton fan straight up said if Matthews keeps this up, there's no one who can say McDavid is on a different tier than him. And had an advanced stats discussion with some other guy too.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
I hope I don't get in trouble for posting this here. This is the only place I can think of where I can get some eyes on a very serious issue with regards to these new board's and their designs.

I found this website was bogging down the performance of my machine and internet at home so I downloaded a bandwidth tracker. I shut down every application and the tracker reads zero.

I open up only this forum on chrome and suddenly my bandwidth tracker read roughly 700 kb/s down and more concerning, 1 mb/s upload. (which tells me data is being lifted off of my machine)

I've tried contacting support and have not gotten a response. (it's been a week) I've tried posting in their very buggy support page as well.

Can anyone else confirm that they are also experiencing data transfer through this website?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

+1 We all love you Daisy, get well as soon as possible please!

I feel your pain. My landlords dog bit me a couple of years back, big ass German Shepherd, scared the crap ouf ot me. The idiot knew he had a HUGE aggressive dog and didn't have a muzzle on it. He was by the recycling bins behind the building and the dog was with him, was on a leash but a VERY long leash. I come out the back door, the dog immediately runs over and bites me I'm like WTF. The landlord says oh sorry, I didn't know anyone was going come through the door. I just lost it and yelled at him as loud as I could - "It's a door, what do you think it's there for"?!?!!!!!

Love dogs. Hate idiot owners.
/rant

Just want to let everyone know, the buzz about the Leafs is real. I work at adidas as an associate and I sometimes work the hockey section (since we got the contract with the NHL and get all the authentic stuff) and everyone comes in buzzing about talking about the Leafs. Had multiple conversations today about how entertaining they are to watch, some Edmonton fan straight up said if Matthews keeps this up, there's no one who can say McDavid is on a different tier than him. And had an advanced stats discussion with some other guy too.

Wow!

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
So I downloaded firefox randomly the other day after using chrome for a few years. Since the change in the site design I found it incredibly slow to browse HF boards. I noticed if I was watching an HD video stream I couldn't even use HFboards because it would slow my internet down to the point of being unable to stream things. The page would also keep loading for sometimes 10 or 15 minutes at a time even though I couldn't see anything that wasn't loaded.

Anyway, I switched to firefox and the site is blazing fast for me again with no issues. I'm not suggesting people change their browser for one site but seeing as I was changing mine anyway I definitely found it strange that there was such a huge difference in browsing HFboards going from Chrome to Firefox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad