OT: 2016 Summer Olympics

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
And he has the potential to win 3 more holds I believe. Would put him at 24 golds and 28 overall medals.

I can see him coming back in 2020 to try to get to 30 overall medals and swim in 3 events.

Claxton

Sep 30, 2007
What about Karelin? Even if he was on that Ivan Drago routine an 887-2 career wrestling record is nuts.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
At least our Soccer women got knocked out by Sweden instead of someone else. Doesn't piss me off as much knowing that we got knocked out by a solid hockey country, lol. Hope Solo is pissed, though, and called Sweden a bunch of cowards for playing so defensively all game.

Whitehawk1186

Mar 12, 2015
New Haven, CT
At least our Soccer women got knocked out by Sweden instead of someone else. Doesn't piss me off as much knowing that we got knocked out by a solid hockey country, lol. Hope Solo is pissed, though, and called Sweden a bunch of cowards for playing so defensively all game.

This coming from a woman who beats up her sister and nephew, then blames them. She's a real expert on cowardly behavior. As much as I wanted my country to win, I absolutely despise our goalkeeper.

RonnieJamesDO

Jul 20, 2016
Stenchburg
As someone who hasn't done judo, but has done martial arts for...well...the majority of my life, I gotta say that even if I hated someones guts, I still tapped mitts at the end of a match. It's definitely garbage that Shehaby didn't shake hands.

I do BJJ and what he did there was despicable. Between him and that Saudi guy they should have punished their whole delegation. That said, I am glad Or won himself a medal after that. Vindication I am sure never felt so sweet.

JanErixon20

Aug 7, 2007

This coming from a woman who beats up her sister and nephew, then blames them. She's a real expert on cowardly behavior. As much as I wanted my country to win, I absolutely despise our goalkeeper.

I would have been a little more annoyed with two shooters having awful attempts on my own team then what the other team did.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
The Swedish Soccer women going through USA & Brazil to get to the Gold Medal game vs Germany is quite a story. Sorry Machinehead.......Go Sweden! Pull off the upset of upsets!

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Badminton is on NBSsn. Believe it or not, I actually watch live streams of Badminton on youtube and know many of the best players in the world. I thoroughly enjoy it.

EDIT: I don't know them in person....just know their names and how good they are, lol. :P

Last edited:

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
I actually just saw an exciting goal in Field Hockey. Never thought I'd use the words "Exciting" and "Field Hockey" in the same sentence. It was Belgium's second goal in the semi vs Holland. Great centering pass and a finish that was similar to Kreider's diving goal off a Zuuc center early last season.

JanErixon20

Aug 7, 2007
I actually just saw an exciting goal in Field Hockey. Never thought I'd use the words "Exciting" and "Field Hockey" in the same sentence. It was Belgium's second goal in the semi vs Holland. Great centering pass and a finish that was similar to Kreider's diving goal off a Zuuc center early last season.

I tried to watch field hockey yesterday. Couldn't really get into it. Seems like the game is just pass the ball around and hope for a penalty corner for the ball hitting a player in the body.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
I tried to watch field hockey yesterday. Couldn't really get into it. Seems like the game is just pass the ball around and hope for a penalty corner for the ball hitting a player in the body.

Needlessly short sticks with tiny ass blades on them. It really hampers the action. When the best players in the world have a problem controlling the ball with minimal pressure on, something is fundamentally wrong with your equipment.

JanErixon20

Aug 7, 2007
Needlessly short sticks with tiny ass blades on them. It really hampers the action. When the best players in the world have a problem controlling the ball with minimal pressure on, something is fundamentally wrong with your equipment.

I'd rather watch deck (ball) hockey then field hockey.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The Swedish Soccer women going through USA & Brazil to get to the Gold Medal game vs Germany is quite a story. Sorry Machinehead.......Go Sweden! Pull off the upset of upsets!

Ofwo4Aq.jpg

vstk

Jun 17, 2011
Valhalla, NY
Michael Phelps is the most dominant athlete of all-time.

If you would've said swimmer or even an Olympic athlete, I would've sucked that up no question. There are few athletes that give Phelps a good run for his money.

Sergey Bubka
Usain Bolt
Alexander Karelin
Jahangir Khan
Steffi Graf (Serena being close second)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad