OT: 2016 Summer Olympics

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
Hungarian swimmer Katinka Hosszú set a new world record! Hajrá Magyarok!

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Most exciting event so far was the women's Bicycle Road Race the other day. American woman had the lead and lost it just before the finish line. She was gassed and got wiped off the podium by 3 other bikers in the last seconds. Came in 4th. Was exciting to watch. The motorcycle cameras provided awesome coverage.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
How does NBC give Al a job as a lead Gymnastics announcer? Do they not follow his work for MSG?

Yesterday he got caught up in a controversy over some comments he made about adopted parents.

al is completely unprofessional and basically a dbag on twitter at times. the way he attacks fans you'd think his account was hacked. he's lucky the mods here don't work for msg/nbc or he'd be out of a job lol

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Al gets a job as a lead gymnastics announcer because he's been doing announcing for gymnastics since the Stone Age, and he's good at it.

I find his tweets amusing. He's loose and shoots straight.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
We're killing it in swimming right now. My favorite moment was in the Men's 4x100 Freestyle when Phelps made his turn and swam under the wake of the guy in front of him and surfaced well out in front. Never seen anything like it. The guy is a machine.

JanErixon20

Aug 7, 2007
We're killing it in swimming right now. My favorite moment was in the Men's 4x100 Freestyle when Phelps made his turn and swam under the wake of the guy in front of him and surfaced well out in front. Never seen anything like it. The guy is a machine.

That was insane, he just blew by everyone under the water. Race was over at that point.

As for Al Trautwig doing gymnastics...I was watching that Sunday and it seemed there was a real agenda for Gabbie Douglas to get through to the final round. It was almost like they were upset the other girl beat her out.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
That was insane, he just blew by everyone under the water. Race was over at that point.

As for Al Trautwig doing gymnastics...I was watching that Sunday and it seemed there was a real agenda for Gabbie Douglas to get through to the final round. It was almost like they were upset the other girl beat her out.

Gabby Douglas had a sour puss on her face the entire night. She was barely even with the team, sitting way off by herself 99% of the time.

When she actually missed out on the all-around, I felt bad for her. Why the hell is there a rule that one country can only send a max of two gymnasts to the all-around? She came in 3rd overall, behind two other Americans. It wasn't even that close between her and the 4th place finisher. You're the 3rd best gymnast in the entire ****ing world, yet you get denied a medal simply because the two people better than you are also from your country. It's ****ed up.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest

My wife and I were watching that live. We know next to nothing about swimming, but we both looked at each other and said holy **** when Phelps just wrecked the field on that turn. He stayed underwater so much longer than anyone else, and just pulled away. I've never seen anything like it.

Nyrfan25

Aug 18, 2006
Saratoga Springs
Enjoying the equestrian today with the exception of the commentator whom I think is Randy Moss, on USA network.
He has brought up secretariat twice that I have seen saying how he averaged 37 MPH but he didn't have to run up hill down hill in the water etc.
What is his point ?
How annoying, one type race has nothing to do with the other.
What a clown.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Enjoying the equestrian today with the exception of the commentator whom I think is Randy Moss, on USA network.
He has brought up secretariat twice that I have seen saying how he averaged 37 MPH but he didn't have to run up hill down hill in the water etc.
What is his point ?
How annoying, one type race has nothing to do with the other.
What a clown.

We are all Secretariat.

Nyrfan25

Aug 18, 2006
Saratoga Springs
I have no idea what that is and wonder how anyone would find it.
Anyway it has nothing to do with what i was saying, so i'm moving on now thanks for that strange encounter.

Do you want ants

Thats how u get ants
Jul 2, 2015
I have no idea what that is and wonder how anyone would find it.
Anyway it has nothing to do with what i was saying, so i'm moving on now thanks for that strange encounter.

BoJack Horsemen on Netflix is what that was. Also, what a bad goal Hope Solo gave up.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Ledecky is awesome. She gave up the lead to Sjostrom in the final 50 meters of the 200 meter Freestyle.....then took it back in the final 15 meters with an incredible second wind. What a race! Gold for USA!

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
They should just rename this from the "Rio Olympics 2016" to "The Phelps and Ledecky Show"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad