OT: 2016 Summer Olympics

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I'll be trying to catch fencing whenever I can. Sailing too.

Everything else...I could care less about.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
I will be watching. Watched 2 soccer games yesterday (Nigeria v Japan and Fiji v S. Korea) and looking forward to more events. Too bad I missed the earlier soccer games. Anyway....Athletics (Track & Field) is the best.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
I like to watch volleyball and rowing. Don't know why but I do.

I'm more of a Winter Olympic fan though. They are adding more interesting sports in 2020. Karate, skateboarding, surfing and baseball/softball are being added.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Winter Olympics are way better than the Summer Olympics. One has Curling and the other doesn't.

I'm sure Canada and the other 27 curling fans completely agree with you. :sarcasm:

I have always been a bigger winter olympics fan. After all, hockey.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
The Summer Olympics is mostly a bunch of boring sports that nobody cares about except for two weeks every four years.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
They play rugby 7s at the olympics, which is two 7 min halves per game (which is enough to leave you stuffed).
In a normal tournament they play 2 to 3 games a day.

Thanks. I just found that out today. Incredibly short games.

I actually watched Field Hockey today. Might never watch it again. Horribly boring. Ping Pong is more entertaining, lol.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
The Summer Olympics is mostly a bunch of boring sports that nobody cares about except for two weeks every four years.

Agreed. It's always fun to hear the "experts" at work talk about someones swimming technique is wrong though
:laugh:
Thanks. I just found that out today. Incredibly short games.

I actually watched Field Hockey today. Might never watch it again. Horribly boring. Ping Pong is more entertaining, lol.

I hate field hockey, I had some friends play at a very high kevel so used to go and watch them play, but it is boring, and some stuoid rules that really destroy the flow of the game

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The swimming is the best. The football is usually good as well. I'll watch certain events in the basketball, track and field and tennis. Maybe the Golf, but its not a very good field.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
The swimming is the best. The football is usually good as well. I'll watch certain events in the basketball, track and field and tennis. Maybe the Golf, but its not a very good field.

So far I am enjoying Soccer and Swimming, too....as well as Ping Pong (lol, I can actually watch it and it keeps my attention for a bit).

The worst event televised today was on USA Network. Guys on horses and they were just trotting around. No jumps or obstacles....just trotting very rigidly/slowly on an empty course. Have no idea how they could televise that event....whatever it was.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
So far I am enjoying Soccer and Swimming, too....as well as Ping Pong (lol, I can actually watch it and it keeps my attention for a bit).

The worst event televised today was on USA Network. Guys on horses and they were just trotting around. No jumps or obstacles....just trotting very rigidly/slowly on an empty course. Have no idea how they could televise that event....whatever it was.

Was it dressage?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
The best part of the Olympics is getting to hear Al Trautwig during the offseason.

How does NBC give Al a job as a lead Gymnastics announcer? Do they not follow his work for MSG?

Yesterday he got caught up in a controversy over some comments he made about adopted parents.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Not sure if serious. :laugh:

I am serious. I fenced for several years, and directed for a few years afterwards. I go sailing pretty much every year and was always fascinated by competitive sailing.

Or do you think I'm joking about not caring about everything else? I seriously don't care about any other sport in the Summer Olympics. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad