Oshawa Generals 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Wells is a Free Agent invite. I counted 12 Free Agents at the scrimmage this morning.

Free agents were:
D Aidan Milne
D Parker Tallman
D Jake Buerger
D Michael Grace
D Matthew York
F Tyler Davis
F Josh Martin
F Dawson Manning
F Matthew Gauthier
F Riley Wells
F Luca Marcellitti
F Bailey Kirwin

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Re DeBoer...very doubtful. Was picked up on a 'flyer" and will likely follow in his brother's footsteps. The Gens don't do especially well with their "flyers".

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Interesting that the Gens put up a banner for 2018-19 at the TCC and on it is Noel-Antropov-Studnicka-Keyser-MacLean-McShane-Ennis

No Matt Brassard on it. Wonder if that means they don't expect him back or just being cautious as his future is uncertain

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Interesting that the Gens put up a banner for 2018-19 at the TCC and on it is Noel-Antropov-Studnicka-Keyser-MacLean-McShane-Ennis

No Matt Brassard on it. Wonder if that means they don't expect him back or just being cautious as his future is uncertain
As Brassard is an OA the generals don't control him as Vancouver can put him any of there farm teams, but I sure do hope he returns.
On another note since as you seemed to attended the camps was there any draft choices that stood out? Did Tullio?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
As Brassard is an OA the generals don't control him as Vancouver can put him any of there farm teams, but I sure do hope he returns.
On another note since as you seemed to attended the camps was there any draft choices that stood out? Did Tullio?

Tullio looked good. You can see the skill. He was on a line with Wong

Taylor Barnett, Riley Wells and Dawson Manning all really impressed me. But none will make the team.

Zach Paputsakis looked really good in net. I’d assume he’ll be in the OJHL next year, he needs more of a challenge

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Any word on the Perfetti situation? Sounds like he wants to play in Oshawa--can't blame him--excellent organizations attract talent. As a fan of the O, it will be fun to watch Perfetti and Tullio for the next 4 seasons.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Tullio looked good. You can see the skill. He was on a line with Wong

Taylor Barnett, Riley Wells and Dawson Manning all really impressed me. But none will make the team.

Zach Paputsakis looked really good in net. I’d assume he’ll be in the OJHL next year, he needs more of a challenge
Thanks looking forward to seeing Tullio next season, also how did Robinson look just ok?

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Any word on the Perfetti situation? Sounds like he wants to play in Oshawa--can't blame him--excellent organizations attract talent. As a fan of the O, it will be fun to watch Perfetti and Tullio for the next 4 seasons.
No word yet, I imagine it will be closer to August- September on Perfetti. it would be nice, the Gens would have the top 3 point leaders of OJHL this pass season, how cool would that be.:thumbu:

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
I understand Bobinson was injured Saturday and was not playing Sunday. I concur with GeneralsUpdates assessment although I did not notice Wells so much. Gucciardo on defence looked solid but rumour has it he is possibly going the college route. Too bad; looked like a good one.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Random thoughts. I think the Gens and Saginaw have a deal in place for Perfetti. Has to be for the Gens to pick Tullio who I heard was a lower level first rounder or an early second round selection. I believe a deal has been agreed to before the draft and Perfetti is maybe not signed, but sealed and awaiting delivery. If not, Saginaw would have Hunt over a barrel and could hold Perfetti for ransom and other clubs could get in the bidding war. That would drive the price over the three 2nds plus and that would be an overpayment. Thus the logic for my argument.Thoughts? Or am I voicing the obvious? Shhh, it's a secret!

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Random thoughts. I think the Gens and Saginaw have a deal in place for Perfetti. Has to be for the Gens to pick Tullio who I heard was a lower level first rounder or an early second round selection. I believe a deal has been agreed to before the draft and Perfetti is maybe not signed, but sealed and awaiting delivery. If not, Saginaw would have Hunt over a barrel and could hold Perfetti for ransom and other clubs could get in the bidding war. That would drive the price over the three 2nds plus and that would be an overpayment. Thus the logic for my argument.Thoughts? Or am I voicing the obvious? Shhh, it's a secret!
There is only 2 teams he said he would report to and that's the generals and the knights if not either he has NCAA opinions, this is what I heard time will tell.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Naz, my point was the Gens already have a deal finalized or they would not have made the moves they did based on speculation they could get him later. That would be a big risk.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017

Why does them taking Tullio make you think that Perfetti deal is in place? They took Tullio because he wouldn't have made it to the Gens 2nd (28th overall) and clearly the owner said I want him on the Gens

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Keep in mind that for 2 generations the Perfetti family have been billet families for the Generals. They reside very close to all the Generals facilities and the Tullio and Perfetti boys have been playing spring/summer hockey since their Novice/brick days.

The London Knights connection is a connection the father has been leveraging due to LH and Hill for the past 5 yrs but not as strong as the Tullio family connection

There is NO DOUBT if Perfetti plays in the OHL it will be with Oshawa and thats where the kid wants to play.

The parents mainly the father has staged for his boy to wear a OG jersey since Novice hockey while hosting as billets for the Generals

Oh I don’t disagree! I just don’t think the Gens taking Tullio says anything about a potential Perfetti deal. With or without Perfetti coming, the Gens were taking Tullio

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Well any ideas on who will be the coach ? it would help his cause if he is from Windsor :laugh: I think we need a vet coach and the one who could fill that roll is Marty Williamson :thumbu: I just hope its' not one of the Assistance's.

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Well any ideas on who will be the coach ? it would help his cause if he is from Windsor :laugh: I think we need a vet coach and the one who could fill that roll is Marty Williamson :thumbu: I just hope its' not one of the Assistance's.

The safe bet is whoever Windsor’s assistant coach was last year lol. Dallas Eakins name floating around. Petes can’t afford to pay him but the Gens could....

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Jerrod Smith maybe a candidate just because he is an assistant in Windsor, there is an history in Oshawa hiring Windsor coaches :laugh:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
McShane and Noel tied “the next Crosby” Alexis Lafreniere with 6 points each in 5 games to lead team canada at the U18’s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad