Oshawa Generals 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Big name coach could be quite the selling point to Perfetti/Carlile/Franche/DeBoer/Farinacci/Euro 1st round pick

TuckerFan1

Jul 14, 2012
Oshawa
Sullivan Sparkes seems to be doing quite well for himself in the Q. A recent article from a news outlet in Charlottetown was singing his praises, calling him a "natural pest". Scored a big a goal a couple days ago too. It's really too bad that things never worked out for him with the Gennies. To me, that's a rare miss by Roger. You gotta wonder if Sparkes forced his hand by wanting out to get more playing time? I just don't get why we would move Sparkes in favor of a camp invite like Resnick

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Sullivan Sparkes seems to be doing quite well for himself in the Q. A recent article from a news outlet in Charlottetown was singing his praises, calling him a "natural pest". Scored a big a goal a couple days ago too. It's really too bad that things never worked out for him with the Gennies. To me, that's a rare miss by Roger. You gotta wonder if Sparkes forced his hand by wanting out to get more playing time? I just don't get why we would move Sparkes in favor of a camp invite like Resnick

Also keep in mind that the Q is far less talented than the OHL overall. The top end talent is relatively the same but the OHL's depth blows the Q's out of the water. There are a lot of cases of guys who aren't good enough to play OHL and then go over and dominate the Q

Although Sparkes hasn't exactly dominated. He had 29 points in 60 games in the regular season and now 4 points in 17 games in the playoffs

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Is there any rumors on who will be the new boss behind the gens bench since the Pete's fill there coaching position and I don't think there is another OHL team looking for a coach. As much as I like to see an up and coming coach ie Kurtis Foster, Jake Grimes I think the Gen's need a seasoned coach ie Marty Williamson. or maybe the leafs will let Smith go :laugh:

Reactions: the dog

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Lots of twitter time for Perfetti on Gens sites! You guys must be certain that Saginaw is trading him there.

He looks good in a Gens jersey :nod:

Ps, for what it's worth, Perfetti's dad just liked my tweet "And Cole Perfetti had 4 G, 2 A in 4 games for 3rd in tournament scoring #Gens"

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpeg
    147 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Done deal! It's Oshawa. (just my opinion, tho!)

Gens are in a perfect spot imo because if they get perfetti then they're stacked for 4 years to come. If they don't get Perfetti then they have a million picks to move this year/next year at the deadline to become a super team

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Gensupdates, how do you see the Gens having "millions of picks to move"? I see 2019 missing picks 5,6,7 and 10; 2020 missing picks 3,4,5 and 3 in 2021. In addition,the only extras they have are 3 2nds in'22, 2 2nds in '23 and 4 3rds in 2024 of which 2 are conditional and "22-'24 is a long way off! Hmmm?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Gensupdates, how do you see the Gens having "millions of picks to move"? I see 2019 missing picks 5,6,7 and 10; 2020 missing picks 3,4,5 and 3 in 2021. In addition,the only extras they have are 3 2nds in'22, 2 2nds in '23 and 4 3rds in 2024 of which 2 are conditional and "22-'24 is a long way off! Hmmm?

The only picks that matter are 2nds and 3rds (in terms of tradeable value)

Last year picks up until 2026 got traded. So between now and 2026 the Gens have:
13 2nds and 11 3rds.

That's a lot of tradeable assets, especially when considering that Niagara (probably the other team most likely to be really good next year) only has 6 2nds and 10 3rds between now and 2026. That's why the Miletic trade was so stupid for them last year. They'll be fighting with the Gens (among others) for these elite players and now the Gens have 8 more 2nds+3rds than them

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Cole Perfetti was selected by Chicago in the 3rd round, 46 overall in the USHL Draft yesterday. Dylan Robinson and Mat De Boer were also selected, among others.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Cole Perfetti was selected by Chicago in the 3rd round, 46 overall in the USHL Draft yesterday. Dylan Robinson and Mat De Boer were also selected, among others.

Perfetti not getting selected until the 3rd round has to be great news for us. If he was seriously considering going USHL for 2 years before NCAA then he would’ve been a first rounder, probably even 1st overall

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
I agree with your view on Perfetti and noticed Declan Carlisle was selected by Lincoln in Phase 2 of the USHL Draft, round 2 , 27th overall.

Last edited:

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Perfetti not getting selected until the 3rd round has to be great news for us. If he was seriously considering going USHL for 2 years before NCAA then he would’ve been a first rounder, probably even 1st overall

May need a different theory, Perfetti is skating with Saginaw this weekend and rumour has it will be signed before camp it over.

Reactions: Finster8

coolwood

Dec 9, 2016
That's certainly an interesting developpement. If Saginaw can get Perfetti to come, good for them, he'll help them in the present and the future with recruiting. If he has just decided that he's staying in the OHL and will be going to Oshawa and was looking for quality summer competition then that's fine too. I've tried to stay level headed with the Perfetti discussion because a lot can change in 5 months and I don't want to be dissapointed. If he does come to Oshawa, great, if not I believe Oshawa got 2 first round picks in this draft (although I'm sure a lot of teams feel that way) in Tullio and Robinson. Either way I look forward to next year!

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I missed seeing this Stillman. Stepping up at the right times for big hits, really aggressive pushing the puck. He's back to last year it looks like

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Gens sign Dylan Robinson. He dominated the GTHL last year and got even better when the games mattered more in the playoffs and OHL Cup.

Hunt is turning into one of the best 2nd round drafters out there with Noel, Wong and now Robinson the last 3 years, all 1st round talents

Now hopefully he can go sign Carlile after Wellington is done in the RBC Cup

Reactions: zman77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad