Oshawa Generals 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
OHL Prospects Retweeted
Generals Live‏ @GeneralsUpdates May 14

Generals Live Retweeted Oshawa Generals
#Gens sign the 3rd overall scorer from the GTHL last year (Tullio was 2nd)
and
#OHLCup MVP!
Much like Serron Noel, people will be asking how he was still available in the
2nd round in a couple years

https://twitter.com/oshawa_generals/status/996042485099970560 …
Generals Live added,
DdKmSSaUQAAi1cX.jpg

Oshawa GeneralsVerified account @Oshawa_Generals
The Oshawa Generals are proud to announce the signing of our 2018 second round selection Dylan Robinson [@DylanRobinson8_ ]
to an @Ohlhockey Standard Player Agreement.…

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Is there any news or rumors on the new head coach search?
I haven't heard a peep I presume the candidate is still coaching some where, is the only reason why they haven't name one yet.
There is 2 that might be on the Generals radar John Druce or Marty Williamson the only thing that's against them is there not from Windsor :laugh:

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Gens 3rd rounder David Gucciardi commits to Michigan state. There's no chance he was making the team this year so let's hope he gets a good couple years out of Jr A/NCAA and then he's ready for the Gens

Last edited:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Rasanen signs with the KHL. Kingston is going to be baddddddd next year. Means they’ll 100% have to trade Robertson (and Vilardi if he’s back, although I wouldn’t count on that). 18 other teams would love to have him too, but Robertson would be the perfect trade target. A guy who can finish is the Gens biggest need for sure

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Rasanen signs with the KHL. Kingston is going to be baddddddd next year. Means they’ll 100% have to trade Robertson (and Vilardi if he’s back, although I wouldn’t count on that). 18 other teams would love to have him too, but Robertson would be the perfect trade target. A guy who can finish is the Gens biggest need for sure
he sure would look good in a Gens uni, and if the so called Perfetti trade rumors don't happen well maybe the picks could go Kingston's way :thumbu:

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
he sure would look good in a Gens uni, and if the so called Perfetti trade rumors don't happen well maybe the picks could go Kingston's way :thumbu:

They’ll keep him till the deadline though. I’m still hoping Hunt gets an OA like Rymsha in the off-season

Sierra81

May 12, 2018
Yeah they definitely need some finish in front of the net. It was really annoying watching that part of their game. Does anyone think that krastenbergs will be back next year?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Yeah they definitely need some finish in front of the net. It was really annoying watching that part of their game. Does anyone think that krastenbergs will be back next year?

He won't be, no. Heard he's already agreed with a team to play pro in Europe next year

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
it's end of May and no rumblings of rumors or an announcement of a coach, has anyone heard anything ?

Hunt isn't the "rumblings or rumours" type. You don't usually hear what the Gens are planning to do before they do it. Not many leaks in his camp

Reactions: Naz

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Hunt isn't the "rumblings or rumours" type. You don't usually hear what the Gens are planning to do before they do it. Not many leaks in his camp
I did hear rumbling to prior coaches a lot were false rumors but rumors just the same and not saying Hunt did the rumors, just there were names out there. I thought sometime might of happened when the RBC cup finished,still waiting :popcorn: lol

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
I did hear rumbling to prior coaches a lot were false rumors but rumors just the same and not saying Hunt did the rumors, just there were names out there. I thought sometime might of happened when the RBC cup finished,still waiting :popcorn: lol

Yeah those rumours usually come from people saying what would "make sense" not from Hunt himself on who he's actually targeting

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Yeah those rumours usually come from people saying what would "make sense" not from Hunt himself on who he's actually targeting
Yeah but there's none of that from people saying what would "make sense" , I don't expect Hunt to come out and say who there thinking of as so many thing can go wrong, just don't here the people give there rumour on the next coach. I'm sure there will be one come September :nod:

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
This may not be anything to do with the generals coaching situation but a report on twitter stated the Phil Roy has stepped down from Clarkson University to pusue other career opportunities the article didn't state what the opportunity was,could Phil Roy be the next generals coach ? He was on the list for the Peterborough coaching vacancy till they hired Wilson.

Last edited:

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
These may have nothing to do with the generals coaching situation but a article on twitter stated that Phil Roy has stepped down from Clarkson University to pursue other career opportunities,the article didn't state what career opportunities.Could Phil Roy be the next Generals coach? He was on the list for the vacant coaching position in peterborough till the job was filled by Wilson.

Last edited:

ETA 2000 Fan

Apr 16, 2015
These may have nothing to do with the generals coaching situation but a article on twitter stated that Phil Roy has stepped down from Carlton University to pursue other career opportunities,the article didn't state what career opportunities.Could Phil Roy be the next Generals coach? He was on the list for the vacant coaching position in peterborough till the job was filled by Wilson.

Clarkson University - big difference

Reactions: Generalsupdates

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Apparently the new coach is going to be Greg Walters. Coached the sting and then went and turned Georgetown into a powerhouse in the OJHL

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013

According to a post on the Peterborough Petes page Jason Robertson wants to come to Peterborough to play with his brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->