Oshawa Generals 2016-17 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeepHockey

Mar 19, 2015
Sudbury tried really hard to play hockey last night but, no surprise, they couldn't pull it off. With game clearly out of reach Sanvido and Pezzetta decide to go Slap Shot and attack Matt Brassard. The Wolves have entirely too many hot tempered idiots on their squad. The good news is we won't have to see that ass bag Pezzetta again until next year. My only disappointment in his pending suspension is that I won't get to see Sean Allen beat the ugly out of him.

*Brodeur was lights out again last night. MVP of this team without a doubt in my mind. Really happy to see him doing well.

*Jones really...really...really needs to take Commisso off the point on the power play. He is just terrible in that role.

*Good game by Brassard, Stillman, Manchurek and Krastenbergs

*Solid game at the dot for the Generals. They handily beat the Wolves on face-offs last night.

*Alan McShane has been VERY quiet during the playoffs. I know he's young but I would like to see more from him moving forward.

Last edited:

GENERALRYEGUY*

Feb 26, 2017
OSHAWA, ONTARIO, CAN
Fan bus and my attempt at going to sudbury cancelled for 3rd time in this series, i guess no one really wants to go support the gens in the playoffs. :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead ..had some sign up but not enough!!!!

very disappointing!!!!

freedom880

Jan 29, 2017
Re:Jackinthesha

I too have had my posts deleted too and were in no way off guard.. well heres my last one to.. instead of saying the old boys club.. I should have said the girly club.. ya bunch of *******s.. Go GensGo

Altek

Mar 16, 2017
Fan bus and my attempt at going to sudbury cancelled for 3rd time in this series, i guess no one really wants to go support the gens in the playoffs. :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead ..had some sign up but not enough!!!!

very disappointing!!!!

maybe its not so much the not wanting to support the Generals but people have had enough of the person that runs the fan bus and rather drive themselves whenever possible.

#KilledTheBusDriver

LX

May 22, 2015
maybe its not so much the not wanting to support the Generals but people have had enough of the person that runs the fan bus and rather drive themselves whenever possible.

#KilledTheBusDriver

Also that the cost was what, $95. Way too expensive.

eggo3018

Sep 22, 2016
95$ is alot, boreal college the french college in sudbury yesterday had a deal for students. Bus ride there and back and a ticket to the raptors game versus the pacers for 70$

Goalhog

Feb 6, 2015
Booster Club

Please remind me who runs the Gens Booster Club for these away trips

JeepHockey

Mar 19, 2015
Pezzetta gets two games per OHL website good riddance to him

Not surprised. That's what I figured it would be. He already had two suspensions this season. Track record + sticking major = suspension. If the Generals build a lead in the game tonight I'd advise them to keep their heads on a swivel.

eggo3018

Sep 22, 2016
Not surprised. That's what I figured it would be. He already had two suspensions this season. Track record + sticking major = suspension. If the Generals build a lead in the game tonight I'd advise them to keep their heads on a swivel.

Anybody coming from oshawa to the game tonight?

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
95$ is alot, boreal college the french college in sudbury yesterday had a deal for students. Bus ride there and back and a ticket to the raptors game versus the pacers for 70$

Holy **** that is a great deal!! Raps tickets alone worth the price!!

GO Raps!!!

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
Congrats to the generals. Brodeur played a hell of a series and sure has improved in his short time in the league. Robbed of first star tonight.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Congrats guys. Brodeur was lights out and may have won games 4-6 all on his own and was the big difference from the first half of the series. Good luck, and you'll need it against a much better opponent in the Steelheads next round. Your fans were few, but classy at the game here in Sudbury tonight and I can respect that.

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Yipppeee!
So happy for the Generals!
Well done -great team effort to defeat the pesky Wolves-best of luck against Missy

full disclosure : I am a Petes fan

JeepHockey

Mar 19, 2015
Well, I have to figure the Generals preseason goals have been accomplished. Finish in the top four during the regular season and win a round. Considering this team traded it's hands down best forward and best defenseman at the deadline, that's impressive.

I'm also glad they got by the Goon Squad. Somehow their fans feel like they almost beat us despite the series ending in six and all four Oshawa wins being by a minimum of 2 goals. I guess that's considered close in Sudbury.

To me they are now playing with house money. The Generals have the better goalie and a recent history of success against the Steelheads so, you never know. Regardless I think they have had a successful season.

Right now the Generals have four 2000s, eight 1999s and seven 1998s heading in to next season and a fully stocked draft cupboard. Future is bright.

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
Not a fully stocked cupboard, Jeephockey. We don't have our 2nd and currently no selection in the 3rd, 5th and 6th rounds. We have London's 2nd but that's almost a high 3rd.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
The good news is that there are not many jobs to fill for next season so you don't need too many picks for the upcoming draft. They have 20 of their current 23 players eligible to return. To fill those 3 spots they can fill with their # 1 pick, an import pick and one more. If there is a year to be short of picks, this is the one.

gensfan2k2

Dec 3, 2014
Just got my tickets for Friday nights game. There are a ton and I STRESS ton of available seats for these games. Lets make the Hershey Centre a sea of RED for these games. The rink isn't that far to drive to. Maybe an hour at tops with traffic. Lets GO #GENSARMY

sakic 19

Jan 3, 2013
Just got my tickets for Friday nights game. There are a ton and I STRESS ton of available seats for these games. Lets make the Hershey Centre a sea of RED for these games. The rink isn't that far to drive to. Maybe an hour at tops with traffic. Lets GO #GENSARMY

Never mind a sea of read in missy. How about a sea of red in our home rink. But judging by the schedule. Gonna be tough to see. Specially that awful saturday 2pm start. Whats with that. Anybody in the know. Have reasoning for this time?

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Most series are 2-2-1-1-1. This series is going to be 2-3-2. I'm sure there's a good reason for this that someone will explain.

LX

May 22, 2015
Never mind a sea of read in missy. How about a sea of red in our home rink. But judging by the schedule. Gonna be tough to see. Specially that awful saturday 2pm start. Whats with that. Anybody in the know. Have reasoning for this time?

I believe the rink is booked in the evening. My summer men's league starts that day, I have a game at 4.30pm on pad 2(not happy at all now). So I'm assuming the main rink is booked for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad