Oshawa Generals 2016-17 Season Thread (Part 2)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayday3*

It really sucks that Kingston took Burt and not Robertson in the first round lol. Would've loved to get him in the Dal Colle trade instead.

I was surprised when the Erie's GM said that Hunt didn't want Lodnia, he wanted McShane. After 4 games of McShane playing for the Gens, I am no longer surprised. He's the real deal

Last edited by a moderator:

Mayday3*

This is interesting

And in an article from McNair, Hunt seemed very confident. Could just be the Hamilton guy playing it cool trying to not get people's hopes up. Gens presentation is Wednesday

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
This is interesting

And in an article from McNair, Hunt seemed very confident. Could just be the Hamilton guy playing it cool trying to not get people's hopes up. Gens presentation is Wednesday

There is ONLY one reason that Hamilton would get to host it and it's not because of the history its because of the seating of the venue, Oshawa & Regina are the only 2 with vast amount of history. Will be very disappointed if Hamilton gets awarded it.

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
There is ONLY one reason that Hamilton would get to host it and it's not because of the history its because of the seating of the venue, Oshawa & Regina are the only 2 with vast amount of history. Will be very disappointed if Hamilton gets awarded it.

Oshawa should be the front-runner. The anniversary Mem Cup needs to be awarded to a storied franchise.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Oshawa should be the front-runner. The anniversary Mem Cup needs to be awarded to a storied franchise.

I would Love for Oshawa to be awarded to host the Memorial Cup but Regina also has a storied franchise. The Regina Pats are the oldest major junior hockey franchise in the world that have continuously operated from their original location and use the same name. They began operations in 1917. Just saying don't count them out.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I thought that they awarded the Cup by League in turn-taking fashion. WHL-OHL-QMJHL.

They do, but 2018 is a special Cup because it's the 100th anniversary so teams from all three leagues were eligible to bid.

I'm guessing 2019 will go back to the QMJHL and the order will pick up again.

Mayday3*

I'm with you Naz, if Regina gets it I'll be disappointed but okay with it, they also have a storied franchise and probably have the best team going into next year. Gens are the most successful team in the CHL history so obviously they have that history too (OHL championship is named after a Gens player). I will also be furious if Hamilton gets it, means the league only cares about potential money made. Not even what money you necessarily will make, but what you could possibly make

Jaycro

Sep 12, 2016
I thought Sparkes played well vs. Missy...skated hard and worked hard when he had the chance. He looked fast to me. Add some size over the summer and he might be capable of bringing a lot to the team next year.

Mayday3*

Cirelli with 0 goals in 7 games for Erie (0 in last 12 OHL games) and McShane has 3 goals in 5 games for the Gens. Who would've guessed that

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Cirelli with 0 goals in 7 games for Erie (0 in last 12 OHL games) and McShane has 3 goals in 5 games for the Gens. Who would've guessed that

Cirelli has the same roll as he had in the world juniors,a defensive roll. In Erie he doesn't get 1st line minutes or 1st line PP. McShane is going to be a fun player to watch in the future specially if him & Andopov work there magic as they did as line mates last year

HamiltonOHL

BulldogsFan00
Jun 30, 2005
Hamilton, Ontario
All of those people that complain that if we hamilton wins the bid.. The only fans that i say have the right to complain is Regina and oshawa fans.. No other team in CHL should complain as ur team never put in a bid.. I too also was at the town hall meet for the bulldogs

Mayday3*

Cirelli has the same roll as he had in the world juniors,a defensive roll. In Erie he doesn't get 1st line minutes or 1st line PP. McShane is going to be a fun player to watch in the future specially if him & Andopov work there magic as they did as line mates last year ��

he plays on a line with Lodnia and Foegele. And to start he played with Raddysh and Maksimovich. He's not playing 3rd/4th line grinder minutes. He also has 16 shots in those 7 games (had 6 shots last night alone), just no goals. He'll obviously start scoring at some point, just funny that the 2000 rookie is outscoring the '97 team Canada stud so far. Probably not a coincidence that the "Trade Hunt" sign wasn't at last game anymore either :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Mayday3*

Gens had alumni Eric Lindros and co-owner Adam Graves there for their bid today

Mayday3*

Apparently Hamilton's video board isn't up to par so if they win they'd have to put in a new one. Hopefully that works against them for not having everything ready pre-bid

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Oshawa General Fans.
By my count the Generals have 10 players who are 16 and 17 years old.
How's Blacker looking for the Generals on Defence?
Ian McShane..........how good is he?

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Oshawa General Fans.

McShane started good and gets better and better every game,puts on some weight and grows a little he is going to be very dangerous and for Blacker got the size needs to put on weight but the more ice time he gets the more confidence he gets in his game.what I'm looking forward to is when Andropov gets healthy him and McShane on the same line to see if they can work the same magic as last year when they got 135 points between them playing for Toronto Marlboros

Mayday3*

Oshawa General Fans.

It's Allan McShane! But yeah he's been great. Outscoring Cirelli 6-1 in 2 less games since the trade. He already has a point against 16/20 OHL teams and he isn't even done a full OHL season yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad