Confirmed with Link: Orlov and Hathaway and Andrei Svetlakov to Boston for 2023 first-round pick, 2025 second-round pick, 2024 third-round pick, and forward Craig Smith

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Oh dry up.

But to be serious, yes some people have been slagging them a bit. Or the team as a whole. Lots of "we suck" shit every night. Not "we suck, but Orlov and Hathaway are pretty awesome".
We have good players but a suck ass team. We are suck this year

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
I was tied up grilling fish in our 70+ degree weather and just tuned in to the game. Wonderful news! Decent return. Bring back either one or both if the price is right!

Reactions: Silky mitts

ClevelandCapsfan

May 24, 2021
Perspective from the Bruins board.

would like for the bruins to keep a few draft picks once in a while. But I guess they are all in on this year. they better not chase history and instead start resting our vets. The only history people remember is the cup.

We are going to be so bad in 2-3 years when berg, krejci, marchand all retire and pasta walks because Sweeney 1) couldn't draft for shit and 2) Traded any draft picks he could of potentially drafted someone with.

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
would like for the bruins to keep a few draft picks once in a while. But I guess they are all in on this year. they better not chase history and instead start resting our vets. The only history people remember is the cup.

We are going to be so bad in 2-3 years when berg, krejci, marchand all retire and pasta walks because Sweeney 1) couldn't draft for shit and 2) Traded any draft picks he could of potentially drafted someone with.
There may be some truth in the poster thinking the Broons will suck in 2025. Makes the 2nd rounder potentially a mid-round pick (Bsn is unlikely to be in lottery territory).

Reactions: ClevelandCapsfan

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC

That’s why not getting a future 1st stings. Boston could be looking a lot like our team next year..

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
It's weird the Bruins GM is talking about Orlov playing on the right side, he hasn't really done that since his first year in the league. Weird talking point.

Reactions: pman25 and Drakon

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I'm more relaxed now. I've been up since 3AM and worked all day, so the trade actually surprised me. I fully expected the Caps wouldn't make any moves and continue on. As much as I don't want an Eastern team to win, Boston is the best fit for both Orlov and Hathaway for a SC compared to other contending teams, however nothing is given in the NHL playoffs. Aube-Kubel can step in and take Hathaway's role, however Orlov will hurt. Not signing Orlov for 6 years is more helpful in the long run. I just wonder if more trades are coming and who else is going. What year was it the Caps refused to trade knowing they weren't exactly in it and should have traded players? I think it was when Oates was coach and Lundqvist stole the first round. This year seems a lot like those Oates years in they can't score and frustrating fans, except injures are too much like the 99 season. Summer should be fun to watch with Cap space and pick surplus in a deep draft.

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
Svetlakov is 26 and still in Russia. Hard to say if he's even destined to play in the NHL. At first I was disappointed that he wasn't coming here, but after looking into him I don't care either way. Weird deal, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad